Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I can pay for a limo a few times a year for a lot less if I don't feel like driving.
To each's own, if people have the money to burn and wants to support Tesla, go for it. As long as their expectation is within reason, they're spending 10-12k on what the capabilities are today, and possibly NOT WILL, possibly FSD in the future. I just don't see how FSD will ever figure out how to drive in the snow.
At the end of the day, it's an individual choice. I personally will never buy it until it's proven and when FSD is transferable between my Teslas. "ELON, what do you think our next car is going to be if we need to forfeit FSD unless it's another tesla?"

As a previous FSD trial owner (end of 2020 promotion), the only thing I used regularly from the FSD was auto lane change. Summon hit my trash can. Autopark gave me curbrash, yea, I have reasons to be skeptical.

-Config: White LR AWD w/ 19inch sport wheels & Black interior - No FSD

-OD: October 6th 2021

-Initial Delivery Date: November 15th-Dec 15th
-New Delivery Date: Changed to December 1st - December 30th
-December 8 2021 I was assigned a Vin, put it on hold until Jan 1st 2021 - Vin released
-December 20 2021 Un-held it early hoping delivery wouldn't be until Jan 2021 - Ended getting a Vin assigned the very next day December 21st, delivery was available 27th-29th. Called Tesla on December 22nd to try to push out delivery by a week, but had to put order again until Jan 2nd.
-December 30 2021, order was automatically un-held, delivery date TBD
-Jan 3 2022 - EDD updated to March 18th - March 30th
-Jan 8 2022 - EDD Updated to Jan 28-Feb 28

To each's own, if people have the money to burn and wants to support Tesla, go for it. As long as their expectation is within reason, they're spending 10-12k on what the capabilities are today, and possibly NOT WILL, possibly FSD in the future. I just don't see how FSD will ever figure out how to drive in the snow.
At the end of the day, it's an individual choice. I personally will never buy it until it's proven and when FSD is transferable between my Teslas. "ELON, what do you think our next car is going to be if we need to forfeit FSD unless it's another tesla?"

As a previous FSD trial owner (end of 2020 promotion), the only thing I used regularly from the FSD was auto lane change. Summon hit my trash can. Autopark gave me curbrash, yea, I have reasons to be skeptical.
NOA, specifically Auto lane change is probably the most useful feature along with Auto pilot in highways. Rest are hit or miss including summon. More like EPA rating I guess - it will work in ideal conditions if you’re lucky. But yeah, to each their own.

To each's own, if people have the money to burn and wants to support Tesla, go for it. As long as their expectation is within reason ...

I'll add that when I bought FSD for my early 2018 Model 3 Elon was was telling everybody who would listen that Tesla had solved true full self driving and was promising level 5 autonomy by the end of 2018 or 2019 at the latest. Remember "The Tesla Network" where our cars would go out by themselves while we're sleeping and working and taxi people around and completely pay for themselves? I bought it not because I have money to burn but because I had a 3 hour daily commute and I needed more sleep. Elon promised that it was ready and I got burned. Simple as that. I'm still buying another Model 3 but there's zero chance I'll buy FSD again.

Theoretically it should drive better since it can react to changes in traction for each tire faster than a human. Unless you're talking about visual differentiation between snow covered road surface and the side of the road without clear markings.
For vision only FSD, they need washers for all the cameras, isn’t it? It’s very easy for them to get covered in snow/ dirt…

Reactions: JRP3 and Paul4343
Woke up to a pushed EDD; from 1/8-1/22 to 1/27-2/24.
Going to be doing some scrambling now to get everyone where they need to be. Have been single car for family of four since 12/24. Has been okay so far but might have to rent a car a few times. We shall see.

On the positive it means better chances for AMD processor.

Woke up to a pushed EDD; from 1/8-1/22 to 1/27-2/24.
Going to be doing some scrambling now to get everyone where they need to be. Have been single car for family of four since 12/24. Has been okay so far but might have to rent a car a few times. We shall see.

On the positive it means better chances for AMD processor.
I see quite a few 14-day windows pushed out and increased to 1-month windows. I think mine will be next. Currently Jan 21 - Feb 4.

I'm getting emails from Tesla finance now that the delivery guy/team has lost or misplaced the large cashier's check I gave them... Asking me to send them a picture over email of a cashier's check? Not that I would if I had bothered to take a pic anyway.

Unbelievable.
A standard practice by me for some years now given phones with cameras….

Anyone still checking the page source of their order page and search for the VIN? In my case it still shows as VIN=null.
F0A8EDD3-079A-4CBE-9A60-A1FB5FD9C995.jpeg

I’m assuming this null too then haha

Status
Not open for further replies.