Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it is not "unreasonable" for a prospective owner to be worried about whether they are getting the new upgrades or not.

But it is in the sense that Tesla has a very different "model year" framework than every other car manufacturer out there. If they were employing the "waterfall" approach with a bunch of changes at a certain time of year every year then ok. But they don't. They are nimble opting for the "agile" approach. As soon as you say "great I got the chip" you are probably missing something that will come the next month, or the next, or the next, ad infinitum. I mean people are going to feel the way they feel and nothing anyone can do about that. That said, I do think it's unreasonable when it comes to Tesla.

Reactions: Ashn and gvme
The funny thing is that while Tesla/Elon say they don't do a model year framework and simply implement new things as needed, they have been seemingly going that route by introducing a bunch of new features in the first ~3 months of a new model year. They did it with the 2021 model year and now the same with the 2022 model year. I don't remember the 2020 model year new features, if any.

It would be much more "stomachable" in my opinion if they really did just implement things year round.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishacura
It doesn't. Had a hold from mid December to January 1st and the car is being built now and delivery is expected in a week. If I ordered my car on Jan 1st, I'd be expecting to get it in February-March roughly.
You never know where you will be after removing your hold. My OD was 10/30. Removed hold on 12/30. My EDD is 2/5 - 3/5. All of my pre-delivery tasks have been completed.

No updates from my end though I was expecting some movement after I got the trade-in text message twice this week.

I also checked the page source but no VIN, yet.

M3LR White/Black 18” Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
On hold until Dec 31
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4

VIN assigned (ends in 15489) out of Cincinnati
M3LR/MSM/White interior

Original order October 10ish
Put on hold until December 28
Once off hold, showed a January 18-29 EDD
Never changed from that (even when I changed the color from white to MSM on January 1)
Got the VIN today. Still need to accept and upload my trade in information.

Gonna call and ask if it is a AMD chip. If it's not, might ask if I cns reject this Vin and try for the next. Worth a shot.
Same location and same order date... Still waiting on the VIN. The only difference is the color (RED)... Is the delay something to do with the paint? I see a lot of people who ordered after me and are taking delivery already. 😭 I never put mine on hold.

M3LR -White/Black/18" No FSD
OD : 10/22/21
Placed on hold until 12/28/21
Tesla automatically removed hold on 12/25/21
12/29/21: EDD - Feb 22 - March 22.
12/31/21: EDD - Jan 11 - Jan 25
1/11/22: EDD - Jan 25 - Feb 07

Don't mind that at all, more likely to get the Ryzen chip.

Same location and same order date... Still waiting on the VIN. The only difference is the color (RED)... Is the delay something to do with the paint? I see a lot of people who ordered after me and are taking delivery already. 😭 I never put mine on hold.
Same here. I have noticed that some have taken delivery on the standard colors but seems to be delayed on blue and red.

Reactions: Karthik-M3LR
Ahhhh the source code trick lol! I check that every day. I'll believe it when I see it :)
1641913968466.png

Real-life photo of me when I click Ctrl + U on a webpage

You never know where you will be after removing your hold. My OD was 10/30. Removed hold on 12/30. My EDD is 2/5 - 3/5. All of my pre-delivery tasks have been completed.
An advisor just sent me an email this morning telling me my car rolled off the production line today. Your EDD seems more related to your configured options and location than when your hold came off.

Reactions: Crany and sniraula