Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with a Tesla agent today. They said my car was made on 1/8/22. They can NOT pull the CPU info via the VIN or via the car sticker. He also said nobody should be able to pull the info until the car has been delivered and someone checks the info via the car display.
He did say they can tell if the car has the new Li battery which my car does. We said most likely any car with the new Li battery will have the new AMD processor. I will confirm 1/21 after my car is delivered and update the forum.
Thats interesting because the agent I spoke to found the computer processor to be Intel based on my vin and build date..what does the last 6 of your vin start with? Because my car was built on same day 01/08

Thats interesting because the agent I spoke to found the computer processor to be Intel based on my vin and build date..what does the last 6 of your vin start with?
VIN 151xxx. As per the agent, if you break down the VIN, it only shows you general details info such as the model, drivetrain, location built, year, etc…. There isn’t a number in the VIN disclosing the CPU info.

Thats very interesting..i have 153..when was your OD?

OD 10/30. Put on hold till 1/1 hoping for the BBB rebate.
I'll call again tomorrow AM and try and speak to a couple different agents and see what Info I get...I really don't want to wait another month+ for an allocation, but for LT use I'll take the chance..

Reactions: Rocketjrb
What is your VIN? I ordered the same config, got my VIN number two days ago but no delivery date schedule yet(EDD 1/25-1/29) but I live in F
@RJ215 Ask your SA to tell you the build date. They can do this very easily, even by text, and that's the only way to know when the car was made. There is no date printed anywhere on the car or documentation.

It's very unusual for Tesla to make January deliveries in the US but ideally your car was built last week and has a good chance of having some of the recent updates rather than being a holdover from December. Check the software menu for Ryzen/Atom and also the edges of the rear windows to see if they are double-pane like the fronts. Also check if there's any indication of a mid-car airbag in the *right* side of the driver's seat. Not sure when those will arrive but hopefully sometime around now.
I reached out to a SA and was told my vehicle was built Jan 08, 2022; however, it does not include the new chip.

Here is the response:
“The AMD chip is not being used for all vehicles quite yet since it is quite new. I have personally only seen them in a handful of vehicles. This particular vehicle does not have the AMD chip.”

I wish I was getting the latest-and-greatest, but you can’t keep chasing waterfalls as there will always be updated. I’m just going to accept delivery and enjoy the car🍻

Can anyone explain why they won't let you into the car until you pay for it in the app. There has to be a way to let you, obviously they got the vehicle off the trailer somehow.

If it is delivered to your house you would get to see the inside of the vehicle before accepting it.

I am not so much concerned about the chip as I am more concerned with inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before I pay for it and accept it.

Can anyone explain why they won't let you into the car until you pay for it in the app. There has to be a way to let you, obviously they got the vehicle off the trailer somehow.

If it is delivered to your house you would get to see the inside of the vehicle before accepting it.

I am not so much concerned about the chip as I am more concerned with inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before I pay for it and accept it.
My guess is they are trying to limit delivery time by not allowing detailed interior inspection. They assume we will trust them to fix any issues. They want to keep things moving on delivery day.

How does this work when you pay with a certified check? Do they first take the check and then let you inside the car?

Spoke with a Tesla agent today. They said my car was made on 1/8/22. They can NOT pull the CPU info via the VIN or via the car sticker. He also said nobody should be able to pull the info until the car has been delivered and someone checks the info via the car display.
He did say they can tell if the car has the new Li battery which my car does. We said most likely any car with the new Li battery will have the new AMD processor. I will confirm 1/21 after my car is delivered and update the forum.
When did you order? We have the exact same configuration and spec'd car and I haven't gotten any VIN. My EDD is now Feb-March. I ordered 12/04. I wonder why they wouldn't make mine as well considering they'll be shipping your car to VA... feelsbad.

When did you order? We have the exact same configuration and spec'd car and I haven't gotten any VIN. My EDD is now Feb-March. I ordered 12/04. I wonder why they wouldn't make mine as well considering they'll be shipping your car to VA... feelsbad.
10/30 - Ordered White/White w/ 19" sport. No FSD - EDD 12/14 - 12/31
11/17 - Put on hold
12/30 - Auto pulled off hold
1/2 - EDD 2/25 - 3/25
1/8 - EDD 1/22