Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dearest mother,
We’ve settled in for the long fight through the winter. The temperature outside matches that inside my heart tonight. We all wonder when the struggle will reach its end. A few of the others report receiving a new steed, but false hope runs high. I long for the days of spring to reach us with sunshine and the promise of fresh chariots glistening in the bright sun. Some flowers would be nice as well. Do not worry for me tonight, the others will see to it that we persevere as one.
Tell father I love him.

Dearest mother,
We’ve settled in for the long fight through the winter. The temperature outside matches that inside my heart tonight. We all wonder when the struggle will reach its end. A few of the others report receiving a new steed, but false hope runs high. I long for the days of spring to reach us with sunshine and the promise of fresh chariots glistening in the bright sun. Some flowers would be nice as well. Do not worry for me tonight, the others will see to it that we persevere as one.
Tell father I love him.

Ok, this was one of the funniest things I have read here in a while. Im a sports fan, so this reminds me of that twitter account that someone created for Andrew luck, that was a spoof on him being a lieutenant / captain in a war. Thats likely what you were going for, because it reads similarly (and is awesome).

Nice work!

Really? I had no idea. So many people have said they have learned about their VIN being assigned by check the app, so I just figured it could show up there without being notified?

Sure, it could show up in there without being notified, but they will get around to notifying you for delivery. So, no, you dont need to check this constantly, unless you want to know the exact time they assign you a vin.

You can be as obsessive about it as you want to be, but this is a "want" not something you "need" to do (unless you really want to know the exact time you get a vin, then.. have at hammering the refresh button, lol).

Reactions: Doggerton
Sure, it could show up in there without being notified, but they will get around to notifying you for delivery. So, no, you dont need to check this constantly, unless you want to know the exact time they assign you a vin.

You can be as obsessive about it as you want to be, but this is a "want" not something you "need" to do (unless you really want to know the exact time you get a vin, then.. have at hammering the refresh button, lol).
Got it. Though I do like to see if the EDD changes. :) And I've never been notified about that. Each time I get closer or into the EDD range (without a VIN), it gets pushed back again. Since my EDD is now Jan 21-Feb 18, I am guessing I'll get a 4th EDD this week, or a VIN. So, I pop into the app to check. I should also add that we just moved to a new home on 4 acres, and we only have one car between us, as it made sense for me to sell my last car before we relocated. So - I am very eager to have a car again. :)

Reactions: EvDoss
I went to a local used car dealer lot and he had almost 700+ cars in his lot, all dusty, at least 150+ Tesla out of them, 200+ MB, etc

This is NOT real. The market is gone cuckoo on some rumors and fears.
Its pretty real if you drive by a new car dealer. I have passed dealerships with 1-2 new cars total on the lot. That is not to say that some aren't taking advantage of the situation, but there is def a problem with the car manufacturers getting new vehicles.

I am not planning on changing my current configuration but even if I would want to, I do not see the option to modify it through the app or on the account site. In this case, would you need to call Tesla or do an online chat or text them for a change?
I did an online chat. The rep said they will add a note to my account to have my SA reach out to me. I haven't heard from her in a month. I will contact Tesla Monday when they're open.

I've read that the link to modify your configuration is hidden if you select "cash" for some reason. However, you can still modify your configuration by going to the URL directly at https ://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxxx where "RNxxxxxxxxx" is your reservation number.

It works; I've used the link to successfully change my configuration.
This works. Thank you I just changed to MSM and white seats. I went for it instead of regretting it later on. Thanks again. Better help than Tesla offered

I went to a local used car dealer lot and he had almost 700+ cars in his lot, all dusty, at least 150+ Tesla out of them, 200+ MB, etc

This is NOT real. The market is gone cuckoo on some rumors and fears.
Well the lots I drive by are empty but I guess we will base it all off of one report from you and not look at the big picture average.

Just got a VIN. 157XXX.

New EDD 1/15 --> 1/19/22 to 1/22/22.

The SA was spot on in letting me know yesterday that I'll be getting a VIN today. Expecting a call from them to schedule delivery tomorrow.

Config:
M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero 18"/No FSD.
Congratulations. When did you order? What did your delivery date look like before you got your vin.

Congratulations. When did you order? What did your delivery date look like before you got your vin.
Order Date: 10/19/21
EDD 1: 15th Nov 21 to 15th Dec 21
EDD 2: 1st Dec 21 to 31st Dec 21
EDD 3: 15th Dec 21 to 31st Dec 21
EDD 4: 24 Dec 21 to 31st Dec 21
EDD 5: 26th Dec 21 to 31st Dec 21

24th Dec 21 - VIN Received
24th Dec 21 - Put on hold till 1/2/22

31st Dec 21 - Hold automatically removed, VIN unmatched.
1st Jan 22 - EDD: TBD
EDD 6: (Updated 1/4/22) 8th Jan 22 to 22nd Jan 22
EDD 7: (Updated 1/9/22) 15th Jan 22 to 12th Feb 22
EDD 8: (Updated 1/14/22) 17th Jan 22 to 27th Jan 22
1/15 - VIN Received.
EDD 9: (Updated 1/15/22) 19th Jan 22 to 22nd Jan 22

Reactions: Crany and Gadoid