Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible fantastic Ryzen news. Apologies for not capturing exact dates here.

East Coast US (DC Area)
M3LR
Black Ext
White Int
Aeros
No FSD

OD: 10/13/21
Hold 1: 10/14/21
Off Hold 1: 11/17/21
EDD as of 11/22: 12/16/12/31
VIN Assigned: ~12/16/21
Delivery Scheduled: 12/28
Sometime before delivery, possibly a couple days before Christmas, I called to unmatch and be put on hold to target a 22 delivery

Off Hold2: 1/3/22
EDD for first few days: 2/20-3/03
EDD as of ~ 1/8: 1/22-2/5
EDD as of 1/15: 1/21-1/27
VIN Assigned: 1/17 153xxx
Called TA 1/17: Confirmed build date of 1/09/22. Confirmed 12v Li-ion. Speculated Ryzen (does not say on sticker but said he believed they were produced together). Scheduled delivery.
Delivery Date: 1/23

I will update when I take delivery about the Ryzen!

Edit to include VIN
Edit to update OD

Last edited:
From what I've been seeing on here, it looks like West Coasters' patience is being tested.... Did anyone in CA get a VIN recently? I am edging onto desperation here. OD 8/30 (LR White/Black/Aero/No FSD) and still no VIN. My current EDD is 1/20 to 2/17, we shall see this week if the window narrows or if I get yet another EDD. At this point I am starting to doubt they even make those cars still. 🤪

Possible fantastic Ryzen news. Apologies for not capturing exact dates here.

East Coast US (DC Area)
M3LR
Black Ext
White Int
Aeros
No FSD

OD: Back in Nov, put on hold
I went off hold in Dec and was matched..but unmatched and put back on hold.
Off Hold: 1/3/22
EDD for first few days: 2/20-3/03
EDD as of ~ 1/8: 1/22-2/5
EDD as of 1/15: 1/21-1/27
VIN Assigned: 1/17 153xxx
Called TA 1/17: Confirmed build date of 1/09/22. Confirmed 12v Li-ion. Speculated Ryzen (does not say on sticker but said he believed they were produced together). Scheduled delivery.
Delivery Date: 1/23

I will update when I take delivery about the Ryzen!

Edit to include VIN
Looks like you will be the first to take delivery and hopefully confirm about the battery and processor. Interesting, your order date is later than mine (my OD=10/23) but your VIN is smaller (received my VIN yesterday 1/16 as 158xxx). My SA just texted that the Ryzen is not included yet in M3 production but did not provide any info on the battery. Looking forward to your feedback once you get the car.

From what I've been seeing on here, it looks like West Coasters' patience is being tested.... Did anyone in CA get a VIN recently? I am edging onto desperation here. OD 8/30 (LR White/Black/Aero/No FSD) and still no VIN. My current EDD is 1/20 to 2/17, we shall see this week if the window narrows or if I get yet another EDD. At this point I am starting to doubt they even make those cars still. 🤪
Holy heck, that's a long time. :( Are you able to contact an advisor to see if they can tell you more? If I am waiting 6 months for mine, I'd be desperate too....

Reactions: Paul4343
Looks like you will be the first to take delivery and hopefully confirm about the battery and processor. Interesting, your order date is later than mine (my OD=10/23) but your VIN is smaller (received my VIN yesterday 1/16 as 158xxx). My SA just texted that the Ryzen is not included yet in M3 production but did not provide any info on the battery. Looking forward to your feedback once you get the car.
My Apologies, my OD was 10/13! I'm now thinking that OD did affect my place in line with the hold, I'm going to dig through emails and find some better dates to help out. I'll note there when the 2nd edit is done.

Do you have all current tasks completed in your Tesla app? A friend of mine had updated his registration info and uploaded his driver's license, but he had not hit the submit button and his order was hanging in there. An August order is really a very very long wait so something is not right here. In case you have completed all tasks, I would reach out to Tesla via text/chat/call and ask about the status.

Reactions: Doggerton
Yet another confirmation of Ryzen in a Model 3 via Reddit today.
Capture.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and Paul4343
Socal with the exact same EDD 1/20-2/17, but OD is 11/26. All the vins I’ve seen this year in the area are from orders that were placed on hold. Very frustrating and looks for sure like it’ll be closer to March

Sorry if this isn't allowed, here is the link:
Mods if you remove, please allow that it's a post in r/teslamodel3delivery titled VIN received! RWD, Arizona, Ryzen confirmed
No offense to those posting this but it seems pretty clear the SA's have no clue what they are talking about in most cases. I would like to see confirmation from someone that actually received a vehicle as opposed to "My SA told me so".

Socal with the exact same EDD 1/20-2/17, but OD is 11/26. All the vins I’ve seen this year in the area are from orders that were placed on hold. Very frustrating and looks for sure like it’ll be closer to March
Right? My order was about 2 weeks after yours, so mine could be even later. At this rate, if I can find something from current inventory to buy, I may just eat the $250 order fee. Waiting for the next EDD push-back this week.

No offense to those posting this but it seems pretty clear the SA's have no clue what they are talking about in most cases. I would like to see confirmation from someone that actually received a vehicle as opposed to "My SA told me so".
Totally agree. For what is is worth, my SA just told me I am getting the Atom chip and the old battery. I'm fine with that, but will wait until I have the car to see what I actually get.

Reactions: T4M3
Did you place any hold?

Updating: OD Nov 8th (from existing inventory)
placed on hold Nov 18
Hold released Dec 20th received VIN Dec 21st placed on hold until Jan 1st. Hold released Dec 30th.
ED on Jan 1st: TBD
ED Jan 3rd week: Feb - March 31st
ED Jan 13th Jan 31st - Feb 14th
Changed configuration from white to MSM and white seats on Jan 15th ED dates still the same

I will let everyone know if the dates move back or stay the same because of configuration change. I think it’s good for people to know just in case you want to change anything.
And from what I’m seeing October orders are getting VIN’s and delivery dates.