Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insurance coverage should really be at the $500k mark and on top of that, people really shouldn't be buying this expensive of a vehicle unless they have some substantial networth. A million qualifies in my opinion. And if you have that net worth then you're also getting a million or so in an umbrella policy. And they typically won't sell you an umbrella policy until you have the 500k coverage in car insurance. This is an unpopular opinion among those that live paycheck to paycheck and think that just because they can squeeze a monthly car payment out of their ass evey month that they can afford the car payment.

I agree somewhat with what you said but I don't agree so much with the tone in which you said it.

Insurance coverage should really be at the $500k mark and on top of that, people really shouldn't be buying this expensive of a vehicle unless they have some substantial networth. A million qualifies in my opinion. And if you have that net worth then you're also getting a million or so in an umbrella policy. And they typically won't sell you an umbrella policy until you have the 500k coverage in car insurance. This is an unpopular opinion among those that live paycheck to paycheck and think that just because they can squeeze a monthly car payment out of their ass evey month that they can afford the car payment.
Nice gatekeeping there, my dude

Posts like this is one reason why I was originally trying to discourage insurance talk in this thread. Its not like this is a super radical opinion, but it is a somewhat polarizing one, and usually brings with it a bunch of debate about money, etc, which has nothing to do with "when am I going to get my car?" " I ordered at this time", etc.

I didn't think about it. Sorry. I'll let ya know when I get the car. I've only heard of them coming together, but I don't see why they couldn't be separated.
In my case I texted and asked them about both the processor and the battery but the response I got back was that the new processor is not included in the production. No word on the new battery. I'll also report back once I get the car.

Last edited:
Posts like this is one reason why I was originally trying to discourage insurance talk in this thread. Its not like this is a super radical opinion, but it is a somewhat polarizing one, and usually brings with it a bunch of debate about money, etc, which has nothing to do with "when am I going to get my car?" " I ordered at this time", etc.

I don't think the issue was what they said so much as the way they said it.

Always that one guy that takes it overboard. Went from talking about what companies are offering the best rates rest etc. to how much net worth you need to purchase a Tesla, and assumption that everyone that has a net worth of X has insurance covered of X. While it is a bit polarizing, its also quite funny at the same time.............

Agree, from the OD and EDD windows reported here (including mine) looks like October orders receiving VINs
If only it wasn't just a damn lottery (feels like it)
ODD - 10/15
Blue and white with 18s

EDD is currently Mar and I've never gone on hold nor got a VIN.

I've lost out on parts/features from when I ordered and I have an extremely slim chance of getting any upgrades (but I don't want to also wait another 3+ months for Ryzen either...)

Well, I just got bumped. I'm at the same time bummed that I will be without a car for longer and also OK with it because it may increase my chances of getting the new CPU.

AWD/White/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area

Order date: Dec 10
Order EDD: Feb
12/10 EDD: Feb 22 - Mar 22
12/17 EDD: Jan 16 - Feb 13
01/17 EDD: Jan 27 - Feb 24

Reactions: Doggerton
Well, I just got bumped. I'm at the same time bummed that I will be without a car for longer and also OK with it because it may increase my chances of getting the new CPU.

AWD/White/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area

Order date: Dec 10
Order EDD: Feb
12/10 EDD: Feb 22 - Mar 22
12/17 EDD: Jan 16 - Feb 13
01/17 EDD: Jan 27 - Feb 24
Mine is the same configuration as yours, Monterey, CA, ordered 12/7, and I am waiting for my next EDD pushback as well. :( Current EDD on mine is 1/21-2/18 currently.

Reactions: CarlThompson