Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb question - After putting the order, I got a text message with “reply this message and a Tesla agent will respond”; will it route to my sales agent or someone else (potentially with more info)?
From what I've seen it sort of goes to. your SA. When changing the delivery location of my MS, the SA where I wanted to pick it up had was able to make sure that my previous SA was included in the text convo that ensued. Whenever I texted back to that number, it then seemed to hit them both. On my new M3 order, it was just her responding when I texted as she was the only one in the convo. Most likely there are other people who can see it and pick up when she isn't around.

I couldn't stand the first few SAs I worked with. I finally got someone I sort of liked when I ordered the Y and S originally but it was the lesser of evils and all he did was spew the typical BS with no real insight. There was another SA in Jacksonville (FL), that was pretty good and he helped me out a lot more than my "official" SA. He was there for the delivery of our Y and was really great to work with. A real straight shooter and helped a lot.

At the Tesla store in Dallas, when trying to change my delivery location, a lady there was super helpful. Bent over backwards to try and get everything sorted out and answered a ton of questions about delivery in Texas. So when I put in the M3 order, I told her to make sure she got credit though she had no involvement with the order or even knew about my intent prior. She has been doing a great job tracking the S for me as well.

I think they need to work on the SA pool everywhere I've been. It is like McD's employees in how much variation you get. If there is some sort of training they go through you would never know. It is more like... "Hey, you want to work at the Tesla store? Can you spell Tesla? Great, here's your shirt, be back at 9 tomorrow."

Reactions: Maple00
OD 11/12/2021
NH delivery from NJ

Interesting update: There has been no update on my tesla account nor have any SA been able to give me any update other than it will be updated soon.
Suddenly I get an email from the delivery company and tesla in NJ telling me which company is going to deliver the car and a disclaimer. Still no VIN, no EDD so I can't do any paperwork. Called SA to check on EDD, they don't have one and just have to wait. So I replied back to the delivery company and tesla in NJ on that email and they can't tell me for sure, but they are scheduled to deliver the car mid to end of Feb.

I find it interesting that the SA's are not seeing all the info or they are choosing not to give them out.

Dumb question - After putting the order, I got a text message with “reply this message and a Tesla agent will respond”; will it route to my sales agent or someone else (potentially with more info)?

I’m pretty sure it goes to a general queue for a bunch of different SAs to answer. You can text it to get more info, but the best luck I’ve had is calling a delivery center to talk to someone. Unless you get super lucky and have an awesome SA assigned to you (I did for my first order, not my second).
I didn't get a text like that after I put in the order. Did you get that text like on the order date?

Called SA to check on EDD, they don't have one and just have to wait. So I replied back to the delivery company and tesla in NJ on that email and they can't tell me for sure, but they are scheduled to deliver the car mid to end of Feb.
Those are the exact words they told me. If I was a betting man I'd bet they have canned lines they're supposed to tell people.

Reactions: sniraula
OD 11/12/2021
NH delivery from NJ

Interesting update: There has been no update on my tesla account nor have any SA been able to give me any update other than it will be updated soon.
Suddenly I get an email from the delivery company and tesla in NJ telling me which company is going to deliver the car and a disclaimer. Still no VIN, no EDD so I can't do any paperwork. Called SA to check on EDD, they don't have one and just have to wait. So I replied back to the delivery company and tesla in NJ on that email and they can't tell me for sure, but they are scheduled to deliver the car mid to end of Feb.

I find it interesting that the SA's are not seeing all the info or they are choosing not to give them out.
Similar for me. I got a Carrier Direct email from "Paramus_ordersupport" in the morning (11:51am) and got my VIN in the evening (6:22pm). So hopefully you get yours today too. Note that my EDD didn't move until 2 days later where they just automatically picked a delivery appointment for me. Good luck!

Reactions: sniraula