Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN received today! New EDD 1/21 - 1/25

Here's the whole history, for those who are wondering:

Our first EV….waiting patiently!
Delivery Long Island, NY
OD - 11/8 MSM, black, no FSD
Order put on hold right away
Hold released on 12/29
1st EDD on 12/31: 2/25 - 3/25
2nd EDD on 1/1 : 1/18 - 2/1
3rd EDD: 1/30 - 2/27
4th EDD: 1/28 - 2/9
VIN received today! New EDD 1/21 - 1/25
Awesome! Congrats!

Our orders are very similar and my order date is only 2 days behind yours. You're giving me hope!

Sidenote... I don't seem to have the ability to "like" posts or edit my own posts. Am I missing something? Are features restricted to new users until the TMC overloads are sufficiently convinced I'm not a spam bot?

Awesome! Congrats!

Our orders are very similar and my order date is only 2 days behind yours. You're giving me hope!

Sidenote... I don't seem to have the ability to "like" posts or edit my own posts. Am I missing something? Are features restricted to new users until the TMC overloads are sufficiently convinced I'm not a spam bot?
I think you need to have at least 6 posts by yourself before being able to edit your signature and 'like' other posts.

Just got my VIN and called with a few other questions. The SA was able to confirm I have the new AMD chip. He was not able to see which 12v battery it was or at least he didn't know how to check.

OD: 11/3/21, MSM/Black/18"
Hold Placed: 12/2/21
Hold Released: 12/28/21
VIN Assigned: 1/18/22 1613**
Expected Arrival in Paramus, NJ (based on the SA phone call): 1/30/22
What number did you use? I’ve been trying to get ahold of someone unsuccessfully

So strange. Mine has changed 3-4 times already. No clue why some jump around and others hold...
Here is what i have noticed from ppl reporting VIN allocations and deliveries
- For MSM Oct 21 OD's are being delivered
- For White, we had a VIN allocation with order date in Dec 21.
- For Blue Black/Red are already in Oct 21

I am not surprised if White trip is ahead, this is also the most ordered color

You might get VIN allocation in Soon per your EDD

Interesting, an SA I called could confirm the 12v battery and not the AMD chip. Did they by chance mention how they knew it was AMD? Also, did you ask about the build date?

Congrats!
I asked about the "new chip," he put me on hold for about 30seconds, came back on the line and said, "Yes, it has the Ryzen chip." I did not mention AMD or Ryzen, I just said "new chip".

After that I asked about the battery and he said he doesn't have that info available. I didn't push because I am indifferent about that one.

Next time I will record the conversation and transcribe it verbatim.

My blue with white Oct 21 order still lovingly showing march EDD... (Details in sig)....I'm not crying /s

I think we've pretty well triangulated the delivery date estimates and how Tesla arrives at them. I'd suggest its probably something on the order of (all just a guess):
-Production is serialized by the permutations available for each model (20 combos for M3LR), with the exterior color, interior color, and then wheels as the waterfall
-Tesla runs a model that takes in order data to help it decide how to allocate production serials
-The estimate you get at order time is a national estimate based on the current production rate and order backlog
-Shortly thereafter it recalculates your order delivery based on the Service Center you are picking up at. (This is the key part). You also need to do all your tasks when prompted.
-The window likely remains a month as long as it thinks you are either below a certain number in the queue, or it doesn't think a car is coming your way soon enough. This explains why some go from way far out window to a VIN overnight (rapid change in allocation outpaces updates).
-That local queue is what we are all dealing with right now. I'm a NOV OD and picking up in NC, my window is still a month because there are people with older ODs and the same config AND/OR Tesla doesn't know when/how many of my MSM/Black/Aeros its making next time around.
-The window "jumping" is caused by people going on and off holds, cancelling orders, and so on. We're basically doing it to ourselves (shocking).
-The data available to the SAs likely gives a more refined window, but because we exceed parameters for a more refined delivery window, we don't get that info.

In summary, associating ODs is most useful when done geographically and by configuration. We don't know how Tesla specifically decides which car goes where. If we knew that, we could probably legit re-engineer the thing. In the meantime, I'm just going to keep checking my account every 17 seconds...

Officially in day 1 of my latest EDD and losing hope that ill have this car before February. If the market wasn't so inflated right now would just buy a used one at this point since I'm nearing the point of absolutely needing a car. (lease ended and have been taking public transport lately) I ordered blue/black no FSD back on 10/10/21 with an initial EDD of late November which got pushed back to December and now 1/18-2/15 (never placed any hold on the order). I made sure to order it when the website advertised December delivery because I knew I could realistically survive until the end of January without a car. I've tried reaching out to several different people for help, even went to the center I'm picking up from, and not a single person has been able to provide any information beyond what is already given to me in the app. I find it amazing how many people here are able to get information from SAs such as when their car is scheduled to be built and what kind of battery it has since everyone I've spoken to has no clue about anything. Since I'm east coast if I don't get a vin in the next 3 days or so, I'm sure it wouldn't be here by the end of the month since it has to travel across the country. I don't want to cancel the order but having a car in general is more of a necessity than waiting another month for this one sadly. Sorry for the long winded post just needed to vent my frustrations lately especially since so many people are pushing off orders again for the new Ryzen and I would gladly take one of the old intel's just to have the car.

Reactions: helloresolven
Been lurking on these forums since ordering my first Tesla back in November, learned a lot of valuable info so figured I'd contribute now!

OD 11/23
MSM/18" Aero Wheels/White/No FSD
EDD on OD: 1/25-2/22
EDD as of 1/11: 2/23-3/23

Honestly okay with the EDD range being pushed out since I'm not opposed to waiting a little longer for the Ryzen... but also can't wait to stop obsessively checking the app every day.

Officially in day 1 of my latest EDD and losing hope that ill have this car before February. If the market wasn't so inflated right now would just buy a used one at this point since I'm nearing the point of absolutely needing a car. (lease ended and have been taking public transport lately) I ordered blue/black no FSD back on 10/10/21 with an initial EDD of late November which got pushed back to December and now 1/18-2/15 (never placed any hold on the order). I made sure to order it when the website advertised December delivery because I knew I could realistically survive until the end of January without a car. I've tried reaching out to several different people for help, even went to the center I'm picking up from, and not a single person has been able to provide any information beyond what is already given to me in the app. I find it amazing how many people here are able to get information from SAs such as when their car is scheduled to be built and what kind of battery it has since everyone I've spoken to has no clue about anything. Since I'm east coast if I don't get a vin in the next 3 days or so, I'm sure it wouldn't be here by the end of the month since it has to travel across the country. I don't want to cancel the order but having a car in general is more of a necessity than waiting another month for this one sadly. Sorry for the long winded post just needed to vent my frustrations lately especially since so many people are pushing off orders again for the new Ryzen and I would gladly take one of the old intel's just to have the car.
Just a suggestion, but maybe check Turo or local non-airport rental spots for a cheap solution for a few weeks. I've seen cars on Turo for $19 a day. You won't find anything fancy, but maybe enough to hold you over. You're so close (yet so far, I know)...