Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Site note, for those that can afford to wait, it may be worth it to wait for Ryzen because the cost to retrofit Ryzen in the future will be far more than the 250 order fee. Also, Li-ion batteries supposedly last far longer than the old 12v battery. Again, if you can wait.
I completely disagree. By the time an Intel Arom equipped vehicle owner needs or even wants to upgrade the CPU, it will be to a far more advanced chip than the legacy Ryzen chip that Tesla is switching over too now. In fact. I believe that just as many of these Ryzen chips will be retrofitted as Intel chips for actual “next generation” chips if the UI or features Tesla comes out with warrant such a thing.

This is, essentially, a repost, but for those getting Ryzen chipset you may expect to be asked to acknowledge that there will be a minor range decrease than what was advertised when you placed your deposit due to the increased power consumption of the display vs the Intel chipset. Over in EU, purchasers are receiving the following Order Update prior to delivery ...

View attachment 757191

Source:
While there is NO guarantee that US buyers will see the same type of thing, if you DO get asked to accept the change that may serve as confirmation of the upgraded processor.
Just to check, this is for Australia right, not in the EU?

I completely disagree. By the time an Intel Arom equipped vehicle owner needs or even wants to upgrade the CPU, it will be to a far more advanced chip than the legacy Ryzen chip that Tesla is switching over too now. In fact. I believe that just as many of these Ryzen chips will be retrofitted as Intel chips for actual “next generation” chips if the UI or features Tesla comes out with warrant such a thing.
You wanna tell that to the old model s/x owners that had the old MCU? If they want to upgrade, it'll cost them 2k.

May I ask why the center speaker is important to you?
After the range, the sound system is what got me from SR+ to LR originally. Does that specific speaker make a huge difference? Who knows. Is there more to the story than them just removing it and saying we would never notice? Probably.

Removing a speaker from the center dash might be a good thing tho... some ppl say it'll cause rattling.
I had a '20 M3LR, no rattling from the center speaker. I did however have awful rattling in the doors. Pro tip..have the tech sit IN the driver seat or you will go back and forth forever with them thinking you are nuts.

Funny. Are they the one who's putting fake info on the spreadsheet too? LOL
I hate that this made me laugh so much...I think I've reached my end lol. But for real, good one

After the range, the sound system is what got me from SR+ to LR originally. Does that specific speaker make a huge difference? Who knows. Is there more to the story than them just removing it and saying we would never notice? Probably.

I had a '20 M3LR, no rattling from the center speaker. I did however have awful rattling in the doors. Pro tip..have the tech sit IN the driver seat or you will go back and forth forever with them thinking you are nuts.

I hate that this made me laugh so much...I think I've reached my end lol. But for real, good one
Is it empty when the rattling occurred? Because sometime like a water bottle will cause the issue.

Haha, otherwise I have no idea why ppl would do such thing...

Last edited:
OK, besides rejecting the VIN today, I just changed my exterior color from White to MSM, so that might delay the delivery further which is fine for me since I am in no rush. My complete details are now:

Original Order: M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Order put on hold until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4
VIN (158xxx) assigned on Jan 16
VIN rejected on Jan 18
Changed order to M3LR MSM/Black 18" Aero on Jan 18
Order put on hold until Feb 16

OK, besides rejecting the VIN today, I just changed my exterior color from White to MSM, so that might delay the delivery further which is fine for me since I am in no rush. My complete details are now:

VIN rejected on Jan 18
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn. Doing me dirty over here.

To use you as an example, great explanation of why many of us are still on month-long windows: parameter uncertainty in the ordering system.

Your order date pre-dates mine by three weeks, if they crop your hold Jan 21/Jan 22 based on the 90-day hold policy, you'll skip me (same config and delivery center). Which is totally your right based on the order date sorting scheme. Not at all mad, I'm in no rush for a car, just an illustrative example of the Tesla model in action.

VIN rejected on Jan 18
Based on your order date, changing the design would’ve increased the price by 1k?

Reactions: mnguy
Officially in day 1 of my latest EDD and losing hope that ill have this car before February. If the market wasn't so inflated right now would just buy a used one at this point since I'm nearing the point of absolutely needing a car. (lease ended and have been taking public transport lately) I ordered blue/black no FSD back on 10/10/21 with an initial EDD of late November which got pushed back to December and now 1/18-2/15 (never placed any hold on the order). I made sure to order it when the website advertised December delivery because I knew I could realistically survive until the end of January without a car. I've tried reaching out to several different people for help, even went to the center I'm picking up from, and not a single person has been able to provide any information beyond what is already given to me in the app. I find it amazing how many people here are able to get information from SAs such as when their car is scheduled to be built and what kind of battery it has since everyone I've spoken to has no clue about anything. Since I'm east coast if I don't get a vin in the next 3 days or so, I'm sure it wouldn't be here by the end of the month since it has to travel across the country. I don't want to cancel the order but having a car in general is more of a necessity than waiting another month for this one sadly. Sorry for the long winded post just needed to vent my frustrations lately especially since so many people are pushing off orders again for the new Ryzen and I would gladly take one of the old intel's just to have the car.
I so much sympathize with you. We gotta stay strong though. We will get there! 🤞🏽🦄

Seeing so many orders of MSM with black interior and aero wheels being given VIN numbers makes me hopeful I'll get mine soon. I'm in the southern California picking up in Burbank. As of now my EDD has not changed which is weird since so many on here had theirs changed this morning. For me as of 10:50am pst It's still showing 1/18-2/15.
What's your OD? I am picking up in Burbank too, White/Black/Aero/No FSD. My OD is 8/30 (but really 11/29, day I completed my tasks), current EDD 1/20 to 2/17.

This car buying experience is so odd, I got the floor matts, splash guards and wall charger ready to go but no CAR.
I hope this move to EV is worth all this anticipation LOL

Oh BTW, Sales folks are so useless. They don't share anything more repeating the EDD that's on the account
Same experience. My SA is kind and all, but doesn't have anything to share other than what I already know.

Reactions: Nyshocka