Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen that the CPU is not the same as the S and X AND even bigger issue is that neither the 3 nor the Y has the GPU which is what really brings the power to the screen.

Of course anyone would prefer a PS5 over an earlier generation for the same price. But the analogy is poor. It’s more like you get a free PS3 with your Tesla today but if wait an extra 3 months they’ll give you a PS3 slim instead. Yeah, the pS3 slim is a little newer and faster but it’s no PS5
Are you sure about this? Its not the same as the S/X? This is the first I have heard any of this information. Your saying the raw GPU terraflop power isnt the same? Interesting, I would love to see some sources. Thanks.

Are you sure about this? Its not the same as the S/X? This is the first I have heard any of this information. Your saying the raw GPU terraflop power isnt the same? Interesting, I would love to see some sources. Thanks.
You really think Tesla is putting the same CPU/GPU chip from the $100,000 model S and Xs into the 3s and Ys (which gave a base cost as low as $35,000?). But this thread talks about the AMD chip going into he 3 and Y

Yes. I do. Until I see otherwise.

Do you really think they put model 3 motors in model s? They do.
If you want to see with your own eyes than just look at the model 3 AMD Ryzen video noted above. Check out where he launches Beach Buggy Racing… takes about 14 seconds from mashing the “start” button until the load screen finishes.

Now go to Youtbe and look up ANY 2 year old video for “Tesla Beach Buggy”….. look up several just to be sure… and guess what… the same 14 seconds to load the game at launch as it takes on the “New” Rysen chip. I’d love to see someone prove me wrong

If you want to see with your own eyes than just look at the model 3 AMD Ryzen video noted above. Check out where he launches Beach Buggy Racing… takes about 14 seconds from mashing the “start” button until the load screen finishes.

Now go to Youtbe and look up ANY 2 year old video for “Tesla Beach Buggy”….. look up several just to be sure… and guess what… the same 14 seconds to load the game at launch as it takes on the “New” Rysen chip. I’d love to see someone prove me wrong
So in other words, this is just a hunch you have ? Not an ounce of data?

So in other words, this is just a hunch you have ? Not an ounce of data?
Out of curiosity, what information or source convinced you that the same AMD system in the model X and S was coming to the 3/Y?

Do you know that the S/X have a seperate Radeon GPU which neither the 3 nor Y are getting. They are using the AMD Ryzen chip with its integrated graphics processing. I guarantee you this is 100% different than the chips found in the S/X.

Aaaaand we’re back to arguing about chips again. Cool cool cool.
There has been be a thread where we can all just argue about the chip, how good or bad it is, how its the same but different, etc.

Then you have me sitting here just hoping I get my car soon...and honestly I could care less about what chip it is, though I would much prefer the new battery style.

Seems like the wait times are longer than advertised for most people. People with order dates of October are getting their LR cars in January. About a 3 month wait. The custom order page on the Tesla page still has has an estimated delivery date of March for orders put in January, about two months. My EDD of 13 Feb - 13 Mar is probably fiction.

I think one should wait for a VIN then start the loan application. For example, DCU requires a VIN to finish the loan. Plus this way you don't need to worry about the initial approval getting expired and having to pull the credit twice in the event of order delay.

On Tesla side just choose "Cash" to get in line and switch to finance after the VIN.
Thank you! I also spoke with DCU and they advised the same. The DCU person seems knowledgable about Tesla loan process.

Seems like the wait times are longer than advertised for most people. People with order dates of October are getting their LR cars in January. About a 3 month wait. The custom order page on the Tesla page still has has an estimated delivery date of March for orders put in January, about two months. My EDD of 13 Feb - 13 Mar is probably fiction.
I disagree - I think it depends on configuration and location. My EDD from original order date in November was February 2022. I even placed a hold on it until Jan 1 (as did a lot of October / November orders). I still have received a vin and scheduled delivery date by the end of January which is earlier than my original est. I am assuming if I ordered a color combination that is not quite as common it may have taken longer. I also wouldn't be surprised if your EDD moves up the closer you get to Feb 13th, mine did several times.