Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled our M3LR delivery yesterday for Saturday, January 29th at 2:00pm at the Tesla Service Center in Rockville, MD. Woo hoo!!! Turning-in our 2019 Chevy Bolt EV at Fitzgerald Chevrolet in Frederick, MD this Friday and collecting a fat check from GM which will end-up going to Tesla next Saturday (along with a few more $$$$$'s LOL!). Can't wait! Now just gotta figure-out the whole paint-protection thingy ;-) Think I'm gonna need a bigger checkbook!

2022 M3LR Blue Exterior/White Interior, 18" Aero Wheels, No FSD. ODD 10/25/21.
Ha, I’m in exactly the same situation in Oregon. I just finished the GM buyback process on my 2019 Bolt EV, and those funds will soon (hopefully) be going towards a new M3. Sounds like you got the timing just right, congrats!

Can you clarify what you mean by cash option thing? What does this mean?
They mean that all pre-delivery tasks have to be completed in order to actually be in line for the car. This includes selecting payment option so most people select "cash" at first just to be in line and have the SA change it to finance when they get the VIN. I don't know how much of a difference this actually causes, I've seen some say if you don't finish it all you'll eventually just have the order cancelled. Others have said it just prevents you from getting one re-assigned to you if someone else unmatched from one. I've also seen people who said they got their VIN a month later without ever finishing the payment option, and then there's people like me who did all the tasks and are still waiting 3.5 months later.

They mean that all pre-delivery tasks have to be completed in order to actually be in line for the car. This includes selecting payment option so most people select "cash" at first just to be in line and have the SA change it to finance when they get the VIN. I don't know how much of a difference this actually causes, I've seen some say if you don't finish it all you'll eventually just have the order cancelled. Others have said it just prevents you from getting one re-assigned to you if someone else unmatched from one. I've also seen people who said they got their VIN a month later without ever finishing the payment option, and then there's people like me who did all the tasks and are still waiting 3.5 months later.
Damn dude that’s crazy. I really hope mines not that far out. What a cheesy game to play with that whole “cash” thing. But I guess do whatever it takes to get ahead? I’m at the “We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks” portion on the Tesla App.

Damn dude that’s crazy. I really hope mines not that far out. What a cheesy game to play with that whole “cash” thing. But I guess do whatever it takes to get ahead? I’m at the “We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks” portion on the Tesla App.

You dont have to select "cash". You have to have all tasks done. If you are financing through tesla, you would then have to have applied for financing and gotten approved through teslas site. Of course, if you do this and delivery takes more than 60 days, they will likely have to run your credit again.

You have to have "the money" part agreed to before you are actually in line. If you dont select anything, you are not actually in line, so any time you are waiting before that wont count. If you go for 90 days without doing that, you will likely get your order canceled.

The easiest thing to do is select cash because it doesnt require any proof of income, etc. When you finally get a vin assigned, you can switch either financing through tesla, or work on your own outside financing.

My OD was 12/19, my EDD was sitting at Feb 15-March 15. I finally finished the financing and just selected cash for now since I don't want to go through all that and have to do it again, and after finishing it my EDD is now March 9th - March 31st. LOL.

M3LR/White/White/18" Aero/No FSD

You dont have to select "cash". You have to have all tasks done. If you are financing through tesla, you would then have to have applied for financing and gotten approved through teslas site. Of course, if you do this and delivery takes more than 60 days, they will likely have to run your credit again.

You have to have "the money" part agreed to before you are actually in line. If you dont select anything, you are not actually in line, so any time you are waiting before that wont count. If you go for 90 days without doing that, you will likely get your order canceled.

The easiest thing to do is select cash because it doesnt require any proof of income, etc. When you finally get a vin assigned, you can switch either financing through tesla, or work on your own outside financing.
So I’m financing through another bank, so that would make it similar to “cash” correct?

I selected the "cash" option too, and mine says the same "We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks". That means I'm good right? I'm in line?

Reactions: Doggerton
I selected the "cash" option too, and mine says the same "We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks". That means I'm good right? I'm in line?
Yes. The next steps are usually you'll get a text message asking if you are trading in a vehicle (even though you've probably already indicated that in the pre-delivery tasks). After that, the next communication will be when a VIN is assigned, you'll be asked to accept the vision agreement. Then finally schedule delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson

Yet I got a VIN in December without filling out any financial information…..maybe it was the Q4 push. Either way, I’m not convinced it matters.

Thanks for letting us know that. Can you take a picture of the dialog that pops up when you go to Settings -> Software -> Additional Information and post it to this thread?:

A lot of people here are waiting eagerly to see visual proof that Tesla is shipping the Ryzen MCU in the Model 3! Thank you!

Yes. The next steps are usually you'll get a text message asking if you are trading in a vehicle (even though you've probably already indicated that in the pre-delivery tasks). After that, the next communication will be when a VIN is assigned, you'll be asked to accept the vision agreement. Then finally schedule delivery.
I got the text re trade in right away, even though I indicated no trade in when I completed tasks. I did not respond. I assume everyone gets that text?