Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by Tesla SA if I had an order, I can apply the original deposit to the existing inventory order if I found one.
Well I found one, and they said they couldn’t do that.. So now I have two orders.. If the value still holds/break even, I’ll just sell my existing 2021 Model 3 and go for the 2022 Model 3. I intended only to have two vehicles not three.

Custom Order
Red Model 3 LR, Black Seats, 18” Wheels, No FSD

OD: Monday, January 17, 2022

Update on 01/19/2022 - Est. Delivery March 3 - March 31

Existing New Inventory Order
Red Model 3 LR, White Seats, 18” Wheels, No FSD - Ordered as Existing Inventory on Tuesday, January 18, 2022

VIN: 5YJ3E1EB3NF154774 - Build Date Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - No AMD and no new battery (scheduled for delivery 1/22 late afternoon).

Rejected on 1/21, changed configuration to White Ext, Black Int, 18” Wheels, No FSD

Update on 1/21/2022 - Est. Delivery February 1 - 5
Quick question, right after you made the Existing New Inventory Order, did your EDD also show as February 1 - 5 before you scheduled the delivery for 1/22?

The reason I am asking is that I also had a VIN assigned with EDD Feb 1-5. I rejected that VIN and changed my config from White/Black to MSM/Black but my EDD still shows as Feb 1-5. So I am wondering if that is just a "left-over" data from the previous VIN or if this EDD really applies to the new configuration.

Last edited:
Quick question, right after you made the Existing New Inventory Order, did your EDD also show as February 1 - 5 before you scheduled the delivery for 1/22?

The reason I am asking is that I also had a VIN assigned with EDD Feb 1-5. I rejected that VIN and changed my config from White/Black to MSM/Black but my EDD still shows as Feb 1-5. So I am wondering if that is just a "left-over" data from the previous VIN or if this EDD really applies to the new configuration.

Right after I made that Existing New Inventory Order, it gave me a EDD of 1/20 - 1/24. Tesla gave me a call Tuesday to schedule delivery and presented me the options for the weekend it will arrive at the Tesla Service Center.

After I rejected the red m3, earlier today (still showing the appointment pickup/delivery date and time as 01/22 @1630), the “new” EDD showed up when the configuration change I requested took effect, probably 30 mins after the call.

Reactions: T4M3
Don’t care about new chip but I do care about the heated windshield wipers and battery. Also vented seats if that’s a thing. I thought I saw that somewhere on here.
Seems like the new battery and ryzen go hand in hand. I don't think anyone's gotten the heated windshield wipers yet in any country. Generally the updates show up on the Chinese built cars before the US built, so if the heated wipers become a thing, I think that'll be a good while from now. And the ventilated seats are just a rumor at this point; the only evidence for them is a screenshot in the user manual with the vent button (and it's identical to the screenshot in the model S manual).

Seems like the new battery and ryzen go hand in hand. I don't think anyone's gotten the heated windshield wipers yet in any country. Generally the updates show up on the Chinese built cars before the US built, so if the heated wipers become a thing, I think that'll be a good while from now. And the ventilated seats are just a rumor at this point; the only evidence for them is a screenshot in the user manual with the vent button (and it's identical to the screenshot in the model S manual).
Got it.

Right after I made that Existing New Inventory Order, it gave me a EDD of 1/20 - 1/24. Tesla gave me a call Tuesday to schedule delivery and presented me the options for the weekend it will arrive at the Tesla Service Center.

After I rejected the red m3, earlier today (still showing the appointment pickup/delivery date and time as 01/22 @1630), the “new” EDD showed up when the configuration change I requested took effect, probably 30 mins after the call.
OK thanks, so in my case my current EDD might be in fact "accurate" until the next change :)

I'm undecided as well. I think if we refuse delivery, we'll probably be re-assigned a VIN which was also rejected due to the Intel chip. I can't imagine getting out of Intel unless we cancel completely. Cancelling completely would cost me $1250 (price went up $1k). I think replacing the Intel with AMD as a retrofit, if ever possible, would cost more than $1250. Definitely a hard decision.

Yep our SA couldn't tell us how far back in the line we'd go with a 1-2 week hold, I think they don't know anything and just read off a script. They said maybe a month, maybe June (WTF, that's the current EDD for a SR+ new order). We ended up just scheduling delivery for next weekend, just get it over with. There are hundreds of thousands of Model 3's running around with the Atom chip and I've never heard many complaints about speed. Just rather get the car and stop dealing with this stupid process.

been contemplating going for a performance for a shorter lead time -- anyone know if they are being delivered sooner?
I too thought the same thing, I monitored the performance waiting room and it didn't seem like they were moving all that much faster.........then I found out the state of DE will not honor the $2500 EV rebate if the car is over 60k, so that made my decision rather easy.

I think we've decided to just go ahead with our 158 series vin, sans Ryzen, as well.

Not once was I dissatisfied with the Intel chip in our now gone '18 3 so all will be good. Waiting another month to get new chip and battery which wouldn't even be guaranteed then would be onerous for us as we are making due with one car for family of four.

I too thought the same thing, I monitored the performance waiting room and it didn't seem like they were moving all that much faster.........then I found out the state of DE will not honor the $2500 EV rebate if the car is over 60k, so that made my decision rather easy.
I was going to get a Performance this time around but then all the talk of BBB and it's price cap swayed me to just gone LR again.

Real talk, LR3 is faster than most urban driving can support as is. If you still want more than acceleration boost is there.

I was going to get a Performance this time around but then all the talk of BBB and it's price cap swayed me to just gone LR again.

Real talk, LR3 is faster than most urban driving can support as is. If you still want more than acceleration boost is there.
Was also considering the Performance at some point but looks like for my situation the LR (and if I can convince my significant other) the LR + Acceleration Boost seemed to be the sweet spot.

Last edited:

Yup, faster than me and the wife will ever need, but I love fast acceleration...........maybe next time. For now I'd rather collect the $2500, and if the government passes one of the other bills that's even more back.........

I think we've decided to just go ahead with our 158 series vin, sans Ryzen, as well.

Not once was I dissatisfied with the Intel chip in our now gone '18 3 so all will be good. Waiting another month to get new chip and battery which wouldn't even be guaranteed then would be onerous for us as we are making due with one car for family of four.
Totally agree. The main reason I rejected my VIN and can still wait right now is that I was not in a hurry since we still have two cars and I will sell one of the cars once I take delivery of the Model 3. If we were down to one car right now, I would have done exactly what you do, i.e., take delivery of the car and enjoy it.