Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think that many people order the white interior. I notice those cars seem to be delivered sooner. Maybe that's why?

OK, you got explanation to do. Tell us, who do you know at Tesla that's able to speed up your order like this?

Kidding aside, it seems black on white is the next batch to be built that has faster delivery time.
I hope so!!!!

This is ridiculous waiting over one month for a stupid car.
i am almost at the verge of cancelling my order. If they can not deliver the car in two weeks. Shows Tesla is not ready for primetime.
Dude these cars are in high demand. Ok hypothetically, what are you going to order Instead? Mustang Mach-e? Polestar 2? BMW i-4 maybe? Try it. You’ll be waiting. Unless you’re willing to take an ICE from dealer inventory, you’re going to wait.

LOL I feel this.... Also ordered Maxpider mats, quick bandit mount, blacked out badges, interior dash/door trim caps, trunk spoiler, flow formed wheels, alum pedals, trunk hook, jack pucks, front footwell/puddle/rear footwell/trunk lights, center cap set for factory 18's, ambient light strips, screen protector, mud flaps, cup holder insert, and center console tray. No car yet.. sigh
I'm actually a little embarassed to say how much $$ I spent on accessories and making my M3 look bad ass before even taking delivery of my car. Let's just say...I took advantage of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales and saved a TON of $$!!!! I even compiled a spreadsheet and purchased nearly every item on there.

Boxes of accessories have piled up and stored in my house. While anxiously awating delivery, staring at those ESD...I'd take a glimpse at my pile of accessories, just saying...we are getting closer each day.

From Tesla, I ordered the wall connecter and wheel locking nuts

From Amazon, I ordered mud flaps, pad puck jacks (both a must have), organizers for center console and armrest storage box, the hidden arm rest storage box and door lock cover (the last two, not necessary...but it was ON SALE!!!). I have to install these by the end of the month to make sure they all fit properly and I like the functionality of them...as the return window ends at 1/31/2022.

I also ordered Maxpider 3D mats, Tesla puddle lights, better interior lighting (doors, trunk and ambient), cupholder LED light, screen pivot mount, air intake vent cover, trunk bag hook, peformance pedals, screen protector, carbon fiber everything (dash, door trim, window controls, center console, steering wheel, control stalks, front lip, side skirts, rear spoiler, diffuser, badges, etc)

I even ordered new rims from T-Sportline...I don't like the aero covers, and I'm not even a fan of the stock wheel under the covers.

I'm actually a little embarassed to say how much $$ I spent on accessories and making my M3 look bad ass before even taking delivery of my car. Let's just say...I took advantage of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales and saved a TON of $$!!!! I even compiled a spreadsheet and purchased nearly every item on there.

Boxes of accessories have piled up and stored in my house. While anxiously awating delivery, staring at those ESD...I'd take a glimpse at my pile of accessories, just saying...we are getting closer each day.

From Tesla, I ordered the wall connecter and wheel locking nuts

From Amazon, I ordered mud flaps, pad puck jacks (both a must have), organizers for center console and armrest storage box, the hidden arm rest storage box and door lock cover (the last two, not necessary...but it was ON SALE!!!). I have to install these by the end of the month to make sure they all fit properly and I like the functionality of them...as the return window ends at 1/31/2022.

I also ordered Maxpider 3D mats, Tesla puddle lights, better interior lighting (doors, trunk and ambient), cupholder LED light, screen pivot mount, air intake vent cover, trunk bag hook, peformance pedals, screen protector, carbon fiber everything (dash, door trim, window controls, center console, steering wheel, control stalks, front lip, side skirts, rear spoiler, diffuser, badges, etc)

I even ordered new rims from T-Sportline...I don't like the aero covers, and I'm not even a fan of the stock wheel under the covers.
The Amazon and virtually most mud flaps will rub the paint where the side of the flap meets the vehicles paint. It will slowly score it. Therefore install clear film in the areas where the flap will touch the paint. Ask me how I know…

i am almost at the verge of cancelling my order. If they can not deliver the car in two weeks. Shows Tesla is not ready for primetime.
This is has always been the case with any custom ordered car regardless of dealer.

If you are upset at lack of inventory?

This is the reality in the current climate. I had an S5, and model 3 on order in 2021. The S5 took 4 months and I ordered one already in production. Tesla took me 6 weeks and I put it on hold. Then another 6 weeks post hold So in my opinion not bad at all.

The other option is buy used if you need instant gratification or Bunch of Polestar in stock.

For what it's worth, I found a Type R in stock by me but the dealer was asking 10k over MSRP!

What did the estimated delivery say when you placed the order? It looks to me like most people are receiving theirs either within that month or before depending on the config.

I RECEIVED IT!!! FINALLY!!!! 🎉🎉🥰🥰 They delivered my new baby to my house yesterday afternoon! I love it!! It's making my garage smell like new car.

Build Date is 1/17/2022 and VIN is 1618**

I have the Ryzen chip and the Li-On 12V battery. 🎉🎉
I don't have the heated windshield wipers or the double pane rear side windows.

Make sure you inspect your new baby throughly, cause I found a panel gap on the a right lower A-piller area, which might be why the frunk might need to be realigned since it appears a bit tight on the same side, and found a rock chip on one of the headlights. You have up to 100 miles (starting from the time you take delivery) to check the car bumper to bumper for Tesla to fix/resolve with no questions...this goes for cosmetic and odd noises...anything.

I've set up a service appointment thought the app (so easy and convienent) to resolve the above issues, and they coming to my house on Tuesday. So, easy...they can even work on the car if I'm not home, as long as the car is outside for them to access it.

I haven't driven it around yet, as I'm trying to get these issues resolved first so I can have PPF installed on it. I'm scared of rock chips messing up my car.
View attachment 759075View attachment 759076
Congrats! Trying not to be bummed that I’ll get the exact same config, but without the new battery or Ryzen, a week later.