Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I do have one good piece of news. The company doing my solar install also installs EV chargers. Based on my garage subpanel, they quoted me $1200, and I supply the charger. Then I found a local rebate that covers up to $400 on the charger itself, and up to $2k for install. :) Super happy about that! The same local rebate will give me $2k back on the car. So, not the VIN news I wanted, but still something good!

Well, I do have one good piece of news. The company doing my solar install also installs EV chargers. Based on my garage subpanel, they quoted me $1200, and I supply the charger. Then I found a local rebate that covers up to $400 on the charger itself, and up to $2k for install. :) Super happy about that! The same local rebate will give me $2k back on the car. So, not the VIN news I wanted, but still something good!
I went with the 14-50 outlet. Paid 150 . Was installed in less than an hour. Newer home and newer panel. So it was easy for him. Just received the 14-50 adapter from Tesla today.

Reactions: hifixenthus
Can you share the rebate info??
It's a local rebate. You have to be a customer of Central Coast Community Energy :) So, for the Monterey County area. Definitely worth searching for local rebates in your area! Not sure if there is a rebates thread anywhere on the forum by state, or county. But I have found an extra $3500 in rebates for my county for the car itself, plus this one that covers the wall charger install and $400 towards the wall charger itself. We have a local EV alliance that offers free workshops on all the rebates, too. https://mbeva.org/

Last edited:
SA called today to setup earlier pickup to avoid storm this weekend. Said he would confirm after inspection.

Super excited. Best of all it has the tried and true Intel processor, and cheap to replace when it breaks lead acid!

As long as the go pedal (now that we don't use gas what do we call it?) and brakes work, that's all I need!

I'll update on Friday after pickup. If all goes well I'll be testing traction control on Saturday.
Haha I love that you embrace the intel. Kind of weary reading about all the people with Ryzen chip FOMO. My delivery Sunday and I’m sure it has old chip.

Just got an email called “Tesla Delivery FAQ” it has a number on it that I can call/text.
I had ordered in November and placed a hold on December even after scheduling delivery previously. I never received this type of email before.
Current ETA is February 6-March 6.

Does this mean I’m getting a a VIN soon?!?!

Thanks for making sure I saw it. I did. I also wanted to make sure that you saw that he was responding to me and not to you. Sounds silly when I say it, right?

Now can we get back to the normal thread posts instead of pointing out who saw what? :p

Doesn't sound silly at all and if you are that concerned about my trying to help being "silly" why continue to respond? Trust me...last time I'll try to help you out.

I released my VIN yesterday around 4PM. At 4:30PM the VIN was removed from my account online. I see a new EDD of Jan 29-Feb 2, which is odd. A few min later, I received an email: "Model 3 Financed VIN Available". Was this email just a glitch that occurred when my VIN was removed? I don't see any VIN on my reservation or in the source code. The EDD seems fishy too. I doubt there would be a car delivered to me again within 3 days, right?

Last edited:
I released my VIN yesterday around 4PM. At 4:30PM the VIN was removed from my account online. I see a new EDD of Jan 29-Feb 2, which is odd. A few min later, I received an email: "Model 3 Financed VIN Available". Was this email just a glitch that occurred when my VIN was removed? I don't see any VIN on my reservation or in the source code. The EDD seems fishy too. I doubt there would be a car delivered to me again within 3 days, right?
Did you put the reservation back on hold? If so, don't worry about the new EDD. My EDD is Jan 27-28, but my hold is to be released on the 29th, so clearly I'm not getting the car within this timeframe. Probably system error.

Did you put the reservation back on hold? If so, don't worry about the new EDD. My EDD is Jan 27-28, but my hold is to be released on the 29th, so clearly I'm not getting the car within this timeframe. Probably system error.
As far as I know, no hold. I'm at 90 days post-order and the tesla support guy just released my car. But yeah that makes sense, it must just be a system error.

Well folks, "Christmas Eve" for us Mountaineers has moved-up by two days thanks to Mother Nature. The Rockville, MD Service Center called earlier today to say our M3LR had just arrived on the big truck from the West Coast, and encouraged us to come get it ahead of our possible Mid-Atlantic snowstorm on Friday and Saturday (our delivery had been set for Saturday at 2:00pm). Fine by me because Saturday's weather -- behind any precip -- is looking like temps in the 20's and windchills in the single digits... not ideal for a thorough inspection. So tomorrow at 3:00pm it is! My good friend and Tesla owner/guru who lives minutes from the Rockville Center has already scoped-out our baby in their staging lot and shot me a few pics (I'll post an "official" one or two tomorrow). Says everything looks fairly good from a quick visual inspection of the exterior (some of the car is still wrapped/taped from the cross-country journey).

VIN 1563XX with a confirmed build date (according to the shipment sticker) of 1/13/22. 99.999999% certain that it has the Intel Atom and the lead-acid 12v on-board and I'm OK with that. Actually, I'm giddy as hell at the moment :)

Fingers crossed and cautiously optimistic that all goes-off without a hitch tomorrow. The Mrs. is excited... and that's always a positive ;-)

Wish us well!
I wonder if mine is also on that truck. I haven't heard from Rockville and I also have a 1/29 delivery appointment