Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish it would stay with purchaser rather than vehicle. Like what happens if someone has true intentions of keeping vehicle long time, but vehicle totaled in accident? I guess gap would cover initial loss, but then if costs increase a few years from now to 20k then what...

Another thing I am going to actively moderate out of this thread is " Is FSD worth it". There are PLENTY of discussions on that you can join in the autopilot subforum, which is here:

I realize some people think "its a waiting room, we should be able to talk about whatever", but that conversation is so "involved" it has a specific subforum to discuss it in, so this isnt something I am going to bend on for this thread (or in the model 3 subforum).

Saturday when it updates again with be my 7th :( The ironic thing? When I ordered in early December, the estimate was "February". I was told by SA, early February was likely. Then Tesla teases us with all these earlier EDDs, and really gets your hopes up. Had they just left my EDD as "February", I think I'd still feel fine, and not really be thinking about it all too much. They should just tell you that it will be about 2.5+ months from OD. lol Why must they torture us? o_O
I think it's a twisted way of making that car all the more special for us. Creating real expectation and momentum by tolling with our emotions. Cruel. Just cruel. Lol

M3LR MSM/Black 18" Aero
OD: Dec 9
EDD 1: 1/18-2/18
EDD 2: 2/11-3/11
1/18 - Emailed Tesla if I could somehow get earlier delivery, was told first batch of cars were due in end of Jan but all were taken but would match me if one came available
1/19 - VIN matched to MSM w/ white interior, didnt want white interior but I was willing to take since I am in desperate need of a car. 154 vin
1/22 - Tesla emailed me, got a new VIN for a White w/ Black interior - 158 vin, not sure if it has Intel or not. People at the NY LI location have been amazing!

Scheduled Delivery: Jan 27th
Received delivery yesterday. It has Intel Atom even though SA kept saying it was AMD prior to delivery. Took delivery anyways. Love the car!!

OD 11/17/22 - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
M3LR / Midnight Silver/ Black Interior / 18" Aero Wheels

EDD
01)
12/21 - 12/28
02)
12/24 - 12/31
03) 1/5 - 2/2
04) 1/14 - 2/11
05) 1/18 - 2/15
06) 1/20 - 2/16
07) 1/22 - 2/2
08) 1/24 - 2/6
09) 1/26 - 2/7
10) 1/28 - 2/7

Additional Info:
12/13 Text asking if I had a Trade-in
12/20 Changed from Finance to Check Payment
1/5 Text to SA about push backs and changing pick-up location to speed up order, SA said I'm on track for fastest delivery.

I actually disagree , I drove both the long range and the performance recently. The performance both handled and was a smoother ride. (Won’t comment on tire price )
YMMV, generally speaking, all things being equal....... the closer the tire to the rim the rougher the ride, the more sidewall you have the cushier the ride. Subjective of course, there may be some like you that prefer the ride of the performance and visa versa........

OD 11/17/22 - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
M3LR / Midnight Silver/ Black Interior / 18" Aero Wheels

EDD
01)
12/21 - 12/28
02) 12/24 - 12/31
03) 1/5 - 2/2
04) 1/14 - 2/11
05) 1/18 - 2/15
06) 1/20 - 2/16
07) 1/22 - 2/2
08) 1/24 - 2/6
09) 1/26 - 2/7
10) 1/28 - 2/7

Additional Info:
12/13 Text asking if I had a Trade-in
12/20 Changed from Finance to Check Payment
1/5 Text to SA about push backs and changing pick-up location to speed up order, SA said I'm on track for fastest deliver
Sorry new user. OD is 11/17/21. Can we not edit these posts? Also how do you like comments?

Reactions: daveotero
Woke to yet another EDD. So the good: the beginning date was only pushed back by 2 days. The bad: date range is back to a month vs two weeks. :( Guess I'll see what happens Saturday morning with my EDD updates again. Current EDD: 1/28-2/24.

You are a good barometer for me. I am also in the Bay Area, you have the exact same config as I (white/black/18/noFSD) and your order date is 2 days earlier (12/8) than mine (12/10). Currently my EDD is 1/27-2/24 and I expect it be pushed back tomorrow just as yours was yesterday! Keep posting your updates so I know what to expect! BTW, if your EDD is truly now "1/28-2/24" then that might be a good sign because it's one day less than the usual 4 weeks.

Since Tesla builds in batches there might be a decent chance that we pick up on the same day. (Fremont, right?) If that happens we should help each other inspect and compare notes!