Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking delivery you would say today at least for me. I'm in CT. I pick up at 2:30pm haven't had anything said to me about delaying for a firmware. I believe I'll be getting the Intel chip though maybe it has something to do with the new chip?
Good Luck with your pick-up...

Hopefully, soon with my CT order..

Received my first EDD change today....here are the details..

M3LR - MSM, Black,19", No FSD (Pick up Mt. Kisco NY)

OD - 12/13/21
1st EDD - 1/30/22 - 2/27/22
2nd EDD (1/28) - 2/11 - 2/25
No VIN yet

Today is 100 days since I ordered my M3LR. I’m still 2 1/2 weeks away from the start of my latest EDD of 2/16-3/16.

My order is for a blue/black no FSD 18’ wheels. As I walked through the City today I saw dozens of Teslas, but not one blue one!

Has anyone else from the NYC area ordered blue? If so, how long have you been waiting?
Ordered the same exact car on 10/10 so 110 days so far. Picking up Long Island NY current edd is 2/6-2/20

So the bad news is my EDD was pushed... The good news is I have a 2 week window now for the first time. I see @Doggerton has a 2 week window now too so maybe that means the Bay Area is about to get some love in the next couple of weeks!

White/Black/18/noFSD/Bay Area
Order date: Dec 10
Order EDD: Feb
12/10 EDD: Feb 22 - Mar 22
12/17 EDD: Jan 16 - Feb 13
01/17 EDD: Jan 27 - Feb 24
01/28 EDD: Feb 04 - Feb 18

Last edited:
itshappening.gif

I just got a text from Tesla:

"Tesla Update - We are thrilled to welcome you to the Tesla family in the next 10-14 days. Please reply "READY" to confirm you will be ready to take delivery of your new Tesla as soon as it is available. If you still need more time, please reply "NEED MORE TIME" and an advisor will reach out and contact you. Thanks!"

No VIN yet, but after almost two months of no EDD shift this is some refreshing news.
I want to apply for finaning - should I reply READY and then call Tesla customer service to change from cash to finance?
Update: Finally got a new EDD this morning.

Previous: 1/27-2/24
New: 2/3-3/3
(OD 11/16, MSM, black, 18", SoCal)

The one week window slip is kind of strange given the text I got on Monday. I hope I'll get a better update real soon.

I see, that’s definitely a new angle to me (and likely closer to the fact). I assumed the build queue should roughly be the order queue, as in someone in NY who ordered in the same day will have the car built around the same day as mine. Then we both wait for however long it takes for delivery.

Nope, order date doesnt have a ton to do with "build queue" since tesla does not build cars to order at all (unlike, say BMW that actually builds the car to the specifications you order it). There are not that many options for tesla, so they build cars in batches and then match you to a car in the batch that roughly corresponds to "your turn".

With that being said, its EXTREMELY (extremely extremely) common for someone to order a car, say, in new york in the middle of the first month of a quarter, and get that car at the same time as someone who ordered, say, in CA at the beginning of the last month of the quarter.

It boils down to people should expect to get their cars, in the US, in the last month of the quarter, with the closer you are to the factory being the later in the quarter you get it.

When texas comes fully online that may change, but thats how Tesla has operated in the past at least since 2018.

All the tracking of bouncing delivery dates is just "for entertainment purposes only" as far as I am concerned.

Updated this morning to a 2 week window!

M3LR, MSM, Black, 18", no FSD
Picking up in Fremont, CA
  • OD: 10/31
  • EDD1: 12/21-12/31
  • I had a delay in finishing the registration tasks because of an issue on Tesla's end. But I also hadn't filled out the payment section and got a text on 11/13 asking me to do so. When I went in to do so I noticed it was already chosen and everything was locked down (I don't recall going in and selecting "cash" myself). Not sure if Tesla did it for me since it had been a couple of weeks since we ordered and it wasn't done?
  • EDD2: 1/5-2/2
  • On 12/16 I got an email asking if I wanted to take delivery in December or hold until January. I delayed and they put me on hold until 1/5. A couple of days prior I noticed the hold was not showing on the app anymore and I had a TBD
  • EDD3: 3/9-3/31 (this showed up either on 1/5 or 1/6)
  • EDD4: 1/28-2/25 (this changed last week)
  • 1/20 - I got a text asking about a trade-in. Originally said yes, and put in the trade details, but then reversed it on 1/24 because I hadn't received a valuation, and didn't want it to delay my order
  • EDD5: 2/4-2/18 (changed on 1/28, the first day of my prior EDD)
I'm really hoping it comes in that window. The CVRP rebate is set to have the income and vehicle value limits drop quite a bit on 2/24. That change would make us inelligible. So I'm crossing my fingers and toes that we get it prior to that and it has Ryzen.

Jan 28: Woke up to another EDD change in the app.

Feb 3-17 now :).
Seattle area.
OD 19 Nov: LR, will be adding Acceleration Boost. MSM, black interior, 18” wheels (will remain winter setup)
EDD was last half of Dec.

I called on 21 Nov to delay delivery until January. Gives me time to get my entire garage rewired and a 14-50 outlet and 50 amp circuit installed.

9 Nov I called and changed from MSM to pearl white.
EDD 17Jan - 14 Feb 2022

Searching now for 19” summer wheels and tires.

17 January app update.
EDD pushed back 8 days: 29 Jan - 26 Feb.

Reactions: Doggerton
Just woke up to an updated 2-week EDD:
OD: Dec15
EDD1: March
EDD2: Jan20-Feb17
EDD3: Feb21-Mar21
EDD4: Feb12-Feb26

Let's hope this is THE last change lol
(Ottawa, ON)
You've only had 4 EDDs? Luxury! :)
I'm on #8 and I ordered a week before you in Toronto.
It seems that a batch load is coming to the eastern States and Ontario late Feb by all the latest EDD updates. And if you look at the long term quarterly distribution, this region tends to get the bulk of its deliveries in the second month of every quarter. So odds are in our favor.

I still want mine after the snow is gone though ;)

• Funny
Reactions: the_real_tdog
Nope, order date doesnt have a ton to do with "build queue" since tesla does not build cars to order at all (unlike, say BMW that actually builds the car to the specifications you order it). There are not that many options for tesla, so they build cars in batches and then match you to a car in the batch that roughly corresponds to "your turn".

With that being said, its EXTREMELY (extremely extremely) common for someone to order a car, say, in new york in the middle of the first month of a quarter, and get that car at the same time as someone who ordered, say, in CA at the beginning of the last month of the quarter.

It boils down to people should expect to get their cars, in the US, in the last month of the quarter, with the closer you are to the factory being the later in the quarter you get it.

When texas comes fully online that may change, but thats how Tesla has operated in the past at least since 2018.

All the tracking of bouncing delivery dates is just "for entertainment purposes only" as far as I am concerned.

its also based on truck capacity for shipping across the country. If there is space on a truck going across the country they will fill that truck with more recent orders and push the local orders to minimize their shipping costs.