Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things I wish I knew about ordering my 1st Tesla that I have learned in the past two-ish months.... 1. EDD's are absolutely unreliable. 2. Those you see getting their VIN/delivery within the first month of OD are absolutely the exception, not at all the rule - don't get your hopes up. 3. Your EDD can and will change multiple times, being moved up, back, shorter window, longer window, etc. 4. People who ordered after you WILL get VINs/delivery ahead of you because they had a configuration or location different from yours. 5. If you plan to get your VIN about 3 months after OD, you likely won't be disappointed by all the EDD changes, and will be happy if it happens to come earlier. :)

What have you learned that you wished you'd known at the start of this journey?

Quick update, support chat confirmed that this M3 LR has Ryzen, new 12v battery, and heated wiper park. Unable to confirm double pane back glass, mentioned system does not specify this. Will try to confirm through customer support number (they haven’t picked up for some reason) then again through SA.
The new 12v is the lithium in the LR models now? Is that the one that you can charge to 100%

The new 12v is the lithium in the LR models now? Is that the one that you can charge to 100%

Those two things have zero to do with each other.

The "12V lithium" battery has nothing (zip / nada) to do with the high voltage battery, as far as "how I charge the vehicle for daily use" goes. You are mixing up the LFP battery that is only in the standard range / RWD tesla model 3 with the 12V battery that is used to power electronics.

• Informative
Reactions: disneygirl420
Here is my sequence of events; M3 LR MS/BLK 19"

10/21 - OD w/EDD of 12/1 – 12/31

11/30 - EDD 12/10 – 12/24

12/19 - EDD 12/21: Fully paid

12/20 – damaged windshield is found during final inspection of VIN135xxx

12/21 – received phone call EDD 12/22

12/22 – received phone call EDD 12/23

12/23 – received phone call EDD 12/27

12/27 – EDD 12/30 from Tesla app

12/28 – received phone call that said VIN will be ready 12/29. Can’t accept delivery due to previously planned trip. They refuse to hold it until 1/2. SA informed me that they should have something on 1/6 but no guarantee. They release VIN 135xxx. Fine, take your repaired Tesla and give it to someone else.

1/02 – EDD 03/01 – 03/30

1/09 – called order support “phone bank.” Operator informed me that there are two dates; one that he can see and one that everyone else can see (Tesla app). He said that SA’s don’t even have the information he sees. He gave me an EDD of 1/15.

1/11 – EDD 1/12 – 1/19

1/13 – EDD 1/16 – 2/14

1/17 – EDD 1/19 – 2/14

1/20 – EDD 1/23 – 2/06

1/24 – EDD 1/25 – 2/06

1/26 – EDD 1/27 – 2/06

1/26 – Received second VIN 164xxx

1/27 – Scheduled pick-up 1/29. Delivery option not available.

1/28 – Fingers Crossed

Along the way, encountered some employees genuinely interested in helping and some who don't really care.

Last edited:
I have my first two-week EDD window after only having had month-long ones since my initial order. Having been on this forum for a while, I know not to read too much into that, but hopefully it's a good sign!

MSM/Black, 18" wheels, no FSD, Seattle area
OD: 11/18; original delivery estimate on the website was Jan. 2022

EDD journey:
Pre-12/10 (before I thought to start tracking dates): 1/8-2/8
12/16: 2/11-3/11
1/14: 1/14-2/11
1/27: 1/31-2/28
1/28: 2/5-2/19
EDD was 11/17 got vin today, picking up Sunday in Bay Area

I have a 9 day window of Feb 10-19th as of 2 days ago and no vin yet.... Hoping today i get a vin. I "only" check the app for a vin every hour. LOL

That's 10 days ;)

Glad to see some of the mid and late Nov orders taking delivery! 🥰 Here's hoping early December is not too far behind you :)

Here's to hoping that my October order with no holds comes sometimes in the next 3 months ;)

One other thing I will say related to "deliveries" in relation to what I said in my last couple posts in this thread (which, based on how fast it moves, may be a few pages ago now, lmao).

At some point last quarter, which was 4th quarter 2021, there were reports that Elon told the organization that they would be making an attempt to smooth out deliveries, instead of the current process of cramming "as much as possible" into end of quarter deliveries.

I have no idea where tesla is in that process. I am not a tesla insider or anything. My knowledge around this comes from what I have observed myself since 2018, either experienced myself, or seeing reports here or elsewhere regarding how tesla delivers vehicles.