Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have DCU send you a photo of the check along with a photo of the overnight label. Tesla will accept that.
I asked for that and they had mentioned they’ll do so, but I don’t think they were able to get it out Friday and then Saturday may have hiked them up. I’ll call first thing Monday to follow up but that’s great advice. So you would simply show the picture to the pick up people, and that works provided you paid the remainder of down payment?

Also good to know car was in good condition. Hoping mine is as well!

Just got a trade-in message from Tesla. My window (Feb 7 to March 7) starts in a week. Still don’t have a VIN. Do you guys know what should I expect ??? I’m not trading in my old car. But selling it back to dealership. Honda lease. When should I start that process

Thanks
Any sign is a good sign :) Hopefully your VIN follows soon. I would suggest to wait for the VIN as that is more concrete signal to start the process. BTW, I visited Tesla Cincy yestareday for a test drive. They had a M3LR Red/Black/Aero in the showroom for display. Looked really great!

M3LR -White/Black/18" No FSD
OD : 10/22/21
Placed on hold until 12/28/21
Tesla automatically removed hold on 12/25/21
12/29/21: EDD - Feb 22 - March 22.
12/31/21: EDD - Jan 11 - Jan 25
1/11/22: EDD - Jan 25 - Feb 07
1/16/22: Received Vin- 155###. EDD - TBD.
1/18/22: Placed on hold until 1/22/22 (90 day hold limit from order date)
1/19/22: hold automatically removed, vin removed, EDD - TBD
1/23/22: EDD - April 03 - May 01
1/24/22: Scheduled delivery Jan 29th, Vin - 152###
1/25/22: Back on hold 'til Jan 29th. Vin released
1/26/22: EDD - Jan 27 - Jan 28 - No VIN
1/29/22: EDD - TBD
1/30/22: EDD - April 13 - May 11
1/30/22 PM: Vin assigned - 161###. EDD - Feb 2 - Feb 7

Well, this is it. The end is near. 161### vin seems to be on the border between Intel/Ryzen, I'll report back when I pick up the car.

Disappointing, but hardly surprising. EDD jumps & broadens again:

Back to where I essentially started:
(3) 2/9 - 3/9 (Today)
(2) 1/29 - 2/7 (Jan 27)
(1) 2/15 - 3/15 (Jan 13)
OD: Jan 12

On the positive side: a greater opportunity for sundry upgrades!
I think they do this on purpose to get hopes up lol. I ordered 1/2 and had almost identical updates to yours. I am currently Feb 18th-Mar 18th.

Reactions: Paul4343
Just got a trade-in message from Tesla. My window (Feb 7 to March 7) starts in a week. Still don’t have a VIN. Do you guys know what should I expect ??? I’m not trading in my old car. But selling it back to dealership. Honda lease. When should I start that process

Thanks
Sadly I don't think that message means much. I got mine 3 days prior to them pushing me out another month lol.

Reactions: wdtn and Doggerton
Coming up on 60 days since I was approved for financing at US Bank through Tesla (2/5). SA is saying that I will have to reapply again if I don’t get the car by this date. I thought I read somewhere on this forum that a “soft” credit pull can be completed so as not to affect my credit score. Has anyone done this?

Can we get a quote of Tesla insurance before getting a VIN? Thanks!
Just make one up. Most of the digits are predetermined, one is a check digit you can/must calculate, the last six are sequentially assigned.

This site can pretty much do it for you: VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

Just be sure you pick the right model and year and the resulting quote should be fairly accurate. Then when you get your VIN, remember to update it.

Just make one up. Most of the digits are predetermined, one is a check digit you can/must calculate, the last six are sequentially assigned.

This site can pretty much do it for you: VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

Just be sure you pick the right model and year and the resulting quote should be fairly accurate. Then when you get your VIN, remember to update it.

Here is one made-up example that could work just to get an insurance quote: 5YJ3E1EB9NF160000

Follow up on our delivery of our Model 3 LR, with Midnight Silver Metallic, 19inch wheels, Black interior, no FSD.

Got a VIN assigned on 01/28/22. I don't know exactly when the car was manufactured. The inside door sticker just says "1/22". VIN is F165xxx.

Went to pick up the car at 6PM in Fremont. Had a hard time figuring out where to go! They just gave us the address of the building and a stall number, but it is a massive complex, with lots of parking lots and gates. We couldn't find the correct parking lot, and it was quite a maze, and probably took us at least 20 minutes to find the correct location. After stopping and asking a few different security guards where to go, we finally found the lot. Maybe all of this is easier to navigate in the daylight, but it seemed like Tesla could have given better instructions on how to get to the lot, or at least had better signage. Anyway - just a funny story now - just wanted to leave this as something to look out for - for anyone planning a trip to the Fremont factory for a pickup.

The car seemed perfectly fine at the lot in the dark. We had to agree to accept the car before we could get inside - so we just did an external evaluation. Drove it home, and the next morning had the opportunity to inspect it closely. We used one of the standard checklists and found the car nearly flawless, as far as we can tell. The only thing I noticed was that there was no wiper fluid in the reservoir. No big deal, as I had some already in the garage.

Checked for everyone's favorite items:

- Ryzen: yes.
- Lithium ion 12v battery: yes
- Dual glazed front windows: yes
- Dual glazed rear windows: no

Follow up on our delivery of our Model 3 LR, with Midnight Silver Metallic, 19inch wheels, Black interior, no FSD.

Got a VIN assigned on 01/28/22. I don't know exactly when the car was manufactured. The inside door sticker just says "1/22". VIN is F165xxx.

Went to pick up the car at 6PM in Fremont. Had a hard time figuring out where to go! They just gave us the address of the building and a stall number, but it is a massive complex, with lots of parking lots and gates. We couldn't find the correct parking lot, and it was quite a maze, and probably took us at least 20 minutes to find the correct location. After stopping and asking a few different security guards where to go, we finally found the lot. Maybe all of this is easier to navigate in the daylight, but it seemed like Tesla could have given better instructions on how to get to the lot, or at least had better signage. Anyway - just a funny story now - just wanted to leave this as something to look out for - for anyone planning a trip to the Fremont factory for a pickup.

The car seemed perfectly fine at the lot in the dark. We had to agree to accept the car before we could get inside - so we just did an external evaluation. Drove it home, and the next morning had the opportunity to inspect it closely. We used one of the standard checklists and found the car nearly flawless, as far as we can tell. The only thing I noticed was that there was no wiper fluid in the reservoir. No big deal, as I had some already in the garage.

Checked for everyone's favorite items:

- Ryzen: yes.
- Lithium ion 12v battery: yes
- Dual glazed front windows: yes
- Dual glazed rear windows: no
That’s my config also. Pics please.