Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of interesting charts from the spreadsheet. Just looking for other ways to waste time since I am no longer refreshing my app to look for a VIN.

Attachments

• Data.jpg
    Data.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 102
My EDD got delayed today so I guess my VIN is not as close as I thought last week :confused::

White/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US
Order date: Dec 10
Order EDD: Feb
12/10 EDD: Feb 22 - Mar 22
12/17 EDD: Jan 16 - Feb 13
01/17 EDD: Jan 27 - Feb 24
01/28 EDD: Feb 04 - Feb 18
02/05 EDD: Feb 07 - Feb 18
02/08 EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 21

I'm a little surprised it's taken as long as it has. Oh, well.

Like another poster I also had a waiting-for-Tesla dream last night. In the dream I woke up to a May 3rd EDD! So I guess reality isn't that bad.

I also have a second order placed 18 days after the first on Dec 28. That order looks like it might catch up to the first:

Blue/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US
Order date: Dec 28
12/29 EDD: Jan 4 - Jan 11
01/04 EDD: Feb 8 - Mar 8

As of 10:30am EST today, I have graduated from this thread. It's been quite the ride since my early October ODD. A hold, a rejected VIN, and a lot of waiting, I finally have a car. Picked her up in Cincinnati. Did a (pretty) thorough inspection (for what I could with the cold and snow). Could not find a panel gap large enough for my to consider rejecting or making an appointment for it. Only issues I had with the vehicle is a small scratch on the back seat as well as a torn piece of plastic in the trunk. I plan to do a more thorough look at the car today when I have it in the dry garage.

I was also surprised to find I received 1 year of premium connectivity. I originally ordered before the change to 30 days. But during my wait I changed vehicle model from performance to LR, then changed color later on and put a hold on, so I was not expecting the 1 year trial.

20220208_110353.jpg

perhaps you already know this, but the aero covers are removable, revealing a rather nice looking wheel underneath. Add one of the many wheel hub cover kits, and it looks sharp. On my last M3, I removed them as soon as I got home, never put them back on.
I'm debating getting an aftermarket cover. Not too bothered by the aero covers.... and appreciate their mileage contributions. Basically, I'm on the fence. Once thing's for certain, I'm never dealing with low profile tires again. They never lasted more than 20k miles, and never sufficiently protected my rims from bumpy highways. :-/

Reactions: Paul4343
I received a vin last night! I guess I'm lucky because my order date was only a few days ago.

M3LR / Blue / Black Int / 18" / Cleveland OH pickup
OD: 2/5
EDD #1 (2/5): 2/14-3/1
EDD #2 (2/7): 2/21-2/25
VIN: F177XXX

Congrats! Your reported VIN 177xxx is the highest I have seen so far. We were just at 172xxx yesterday AFAIK

Grrr. I have an order with the same build (blue/black/18/noFSD) placed in December. I'm very close to the Fremont factory and I'm paying cash. I'm still happy for them but I wonder how they were able to jump the line like that? With that kind of great luck and high VIN maybe they'll also be the first with dual-pane rear windows, ventilated seats, hairpin motor windings and the 4680 battery!

Last edited:
I ordered exact same car several weeks ago and am still showing end of March time frame. I'm in northern VA so not too far away. I originally chose outside financing...BIG MISTAKE. I even called when I did it and the advisor said it everything "looked good"...even though the profile didn't show complete. When I read your post, I called and this time, the advisor I spoke to, before I even finished my sentence, changed it to cash and immediately the profile was complete. He told me that after the vin is assigned, I could call back and change it back. Lesson learned.

Moral of the story, probably best not to select outside financing on the initial order.
My SA told me if I'm doing third party financing, I have to give him my planned finance amount and the bank in order for the profile to be complete

I'm debating getting an aftermarket cover. Not too bothered by the aero covers.... and appreciate their mileage contributions. Basically, I'm on the fence. Once thing's for certain, I'm never dealing with low profile tires again. They never lasted more than 20k miles, and never sufficiently protected my rims from bumpy highways. :-/
The Rimetrix Orbitals covers are pretty nice looking--they almost look like rims. They also supposedly don't decrease your range over the OEM aeros.
1644343698241.png

Apparently you have to watch for them scratching the rims underneath though due to abrasion over time. They started shipping with a "rim protection kit" (foam tape) to fix the issue, but I'd still be concerned with scratching/abrasion. On the flip side, they should offer more protection than the OEM aeros to curb rash.

My EDD got delayed today so I guess my VIN is not as close as I thought last week :confused::

White/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US
Order date: Dec 10
Order EDD: Feb
12/10 EDD: Feb 22 - Mar 22
12/17 EDD: Jan 16 - Feb 13
01/17 EDD: Jan 27 - Feb 24
01/28 EDD: Feb 04 - Feb 18
02/05 EDD: Feb 07 - Feb 18
02/08 EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 21

I'm a little surprised it's taken as long as it has. Oh, well.

Like another poster I also had a waiting-for-Tesla dream last night. In the dream I woke up to a May 3rd EDD! So I guess reality isn't that bad.

I also have a second order placed 18 days after the first on Dec 28. That order looks like it might catch up to the first:

Blue/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area, US
Order date: Dec 28
12/29 EDD: Jan 4 - Jan 11
01/04 EDD: Feb 8 - Mar 8
Is that a dream or a nightmare? :eek:

Reactions: CarlThompson
Finally able to schedule delivery!
VIN 171. Didn’t speak to them about ryzen etc but I’m assuming it will have it.

They gave me Feb 15,16,17 all of which don’t work out well. Called them and had them change it to Saturday Feb 19. Yeah more waiting but it will be worth it.

NYC/Long Island area

M3 LR Blue/black 19

OOD: November 22. Hold soon after. Taken off hold December 19?
Previous EDD: Feb 16-20

I am not sure if any of the Tesla SA really know what they are doing. I was told that once I put in the order and fill out my address and registration info I can do the rest once I get my VIN. So I did that on 11/12/2021. Then I was told a few weeks later that I should pick the Cash option even though I am going to finance. Then I was asked to put in my trade-in option, which I did in December. Then once my trade-in expired, I was told to take it out and wait till I get a VIN. All this time my EDD has been TBD.

So right now I have it set on Cash, no trade-in. When I called to inquire last week, I was told that I only completed my profile two weeks ago. Not sure what that means and still not EDD. So here I am, with mixed information, just waiting on a car wondering who is in charge of updating their database and SA training manual since they seem to have slightly different info every time I call.

OD 11/12
EDD: No one seems to know since December 2021
Getting it delivered to NH from NJ.

I would say I am rich and will pay cash and just fill out the registration Info and not touch the account at all till you get a VIN assigned.
Same boat here, OD of 1/16 and EDD “TBD” since. Also delivering to NH from NJ (east of you a ways)

Reactions: sniraula