Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I'm wondering if my push-back was somehow tied to that.. we'll see if my EDD window moves up in time once the new trade-in offer comes in.

PK, I hope you're seeking therapy. Not only do I feel your pain, I sympathize with seeing pictures of cars zooming through Washington on their way to Canada. Of course one wonders if some sort of action on our part, causes things to change things on their part. My 2nd trade-in offer dropped $1k so I sold my old car to a local dealer, since it'll just be "a few days...". Ha! After I clicked "I don't have a trade-in", my EDD improved. Related? I think not.

Lately, the most effective strategy has been to put your account on hold, then you get a VIN the day you take it off.

Man, I'm going to be so sad if that happens to me too, but at this point wouldn't be surprised. I'm also a November order and part of me is wondering if I'd get a car quicker if I canceled and just reordered now. Have a trade-in that was approved a week ago and my Loan is set to expire 3/1. Hopefully the car comes sooner.

Ouch! Yeah, that bugs me too that I might've had a car by now if I ordered later. I've at least held off on applying for a loan just yet, as I had my credit checked in mid-Dec. for a refi and want to let some time pass before my next pull. Plus I'm worried about the application expiring just as you may experience (hopefully not)!

Reactions: Norseman_48
So I have a spare car and I share with my wife and work from home. Got a great offer on my existing car. Tempted to take it and just slum it for 1-2 months. I'd only be concerned if it went on for 3+ months. OD was 01/06 and EDD is 02/27 - 03/27.
The trade in money is great right now so I'm trading in my Q50 Sport at the end of February regardless of my real delivery date. Right now it's 2/19 - 3/4, my OD was 1/12 and no VIN as of yet. I keep praying...

My EDD period, 2/18-3/18, moved today to 2/26-3/5 and I got a text to say we can expect delivery in that time period (as follow up to trade in inquiry by Tesla). So the first date moved out by a week, but the end date came in so its now down to a one week window instead of a month. Not sure but seem like a good sign to narrow EDD to a few days.

OD: Jan 11. M3LR, White, Black interior, 18", no FSD.

PK, I hope you're seeking therapy. Not only do I feel your pain, I sympathize with seeing pictures of cars zooming through Washington on their way to Canada. Of course one wonders if some sort of action on our part, causes things to change things on their part. My 2nd trade-in offer dropped $1k so I sold my old car to a local dealer, since it'll just be "a few days...". Ha! After I clicked "I don't have a trade-in", my EDD improved. Related? I think not.

Lately, the most effective strategy has been to put your account on hold, then you get a VIN the day you take it off.

That "hold" theory of yours is mighty tempting to try out! Luckily I live off a different interstate than the main thoroughfare to Canada, so I'm not being tortured by transport trucks heading north 😉 I do live in a 'burb of Seattle where Teslas are quite popular, so maybe that's part of my challenge in getting a car.

Last edited:
My EDD period, 2/18-3/18, moved today to 2/26-3/5 and I got a text to say we can expect delivery in that time period (as follow up to trade in inquiry by Tesla). So the first date moved out by a week, but the end date came in so its now down to a one week window instead of a month. Not sure but seem like a good sign to narrow EDD to a few days.

OD: Jan 11. M3LR, White, Black interior, 18", no FSD.
This gives me a lot of hope! Exact same config but ordered on 1/12 and located in AZ. Hopefully I see an EDD change tomorrow as mine is currently 2/20-3/20

Ordered my Mats, hopefully this will help get the ball moving...or slow it down.
tuxmat.png

Well, I was assigned a VIN today at 3:30 pm. I noticed that the VIN was 165xxx. I called the store and inquired if the vehicle was rejected due to the VIN being low. The store told me they actually have the car and it was in fact rejected. I responded to the store and inspected the vehicle. it had a damaged gasket around a rear sensor, a scratch on the driver's door handle and damage to the weather stripping. I was informed that all would be fixed prior to delivery, but I would have to accept the vehicle. I declined. At least I know there is only one person ahead of me for my configuration at my particular store. :rolleyes:

Well, I was assigned a VIN today at 3:30 pm. I noticed that the VIN was 165xxx. I called the store and inquired if the vehicle was rejected due to the VIN being low. The store told me they actually have the car and it was in fact rejected. I responded to the store and inspected the vehicle. it had a damaged gasket around a rear sensor, a scratch on the driver's door handle and damage to the weather stripping. I was informed that all would be fixed prior to delivery, but I would have to accept the vehicle. I declined. At least I know there is only one person ahead of me for my configuration at my particular store. :rolleyes:
Not necessarily. Multiple people could have rejected the same VIN 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm dreading tomorrow morning. A couple of people have reported huge 1 month EDD pushbacks today for similar builds and both my orders are due to be pushed back tomorrow (today is the first day of the EDD period for both with no VINs in sight). If I get pushed back by a month (12/10 order date for first) I'm likely to go stir crazy because I sold both my cars in mid December!

TESLA, I NEED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!!

I'm dreading tomorrow morning. A couple of people have reported huge 1 month EDD pushbacks today for similar builds and both my orders are due to be pushed back tomorrow (today is the first day of the EDD period for both with no VINs in sight). If I get pushed back by a month (12/10 order date for first) I'm likely to go stir crazy because I sold both my cars in mid December!

TESLA, I NEED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!!
This is where I will be in 10 days. I have the original EDD... Crickets from tesla other than being notified of my trade-in offer expiring due to the wait. I'm slowly going stir crazy. Doesn't help that my (credit union) loan approval is slowly also timing out.....