Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with Tesla. He said (sounds really knowledgeable) that they used to be able to see when the car is being built. But know they have it baked into the eta timeline. He said what he is seeing is it's at the halfway mark now when vehicles will be delivered. So mine still says February 16th - March 16th. So the delivery should be around the first week of March according to him.

I enjoy visiting with this group, so I've decided to stay longer. Tesla helped with that decision by moving my EDD from February to March. Is it the color? The seats? The wheels? Or where you live? I feel for the East Coast, but even more so for those just a few miles from the factory and are waiting even longer. Is it when you buy options, you buy delays? For each convincing reason, there's one to counter it.

My Tesla loan expired this week, so I joined a credit union and confirmed an interest rate of 1.99%, but as soon as I took the hit on the credit score and got a 30-day window to buy, the window moves.
Follow the bouncing delivery date:
OD: 12/10
EDD1: 2/1-28
EDD2: 2/22-3/22
EDD3: 2/9-3/9
EDD4: 3/1-3/29 😪

Its great to see a few people that ordered after me with same config getting VIN's before me. My OD was 1/2 so not quite as bad as the October folks, still sucks to see none the less.........
Yet SOOOO FAR!
I just slapped myself and said what are you thinking....I was looking at BMW i4's. 🤣
I am literally about to send all of the accessories back, cancel my order and purchase a Polestar 2. I feel ya!

So, as to the Frankenstein rumors.... My understanding is that the 12v battery, regardless of chemistry (Li-Ion or Lead Acid) is designed to be removable/replaceable. Am I incorrect in that?

If replaceable, then ignoring the cost, wouldn't it be possible to yank a Lead Acid 12v and replace it with Li-Ion, or are there some form-factor considerations I'm unaware of that would make that not feasible?

I think anyone who rejects a vin should have their date backed up 12 months! 🤣

I rejected two VINs and made one color change, and I actually agree with this. Any VIN rejection (that is not based on extraordinary events) or configuration change should put you at the back of the line. However, Tesla does not work that way. You keep your place in line based on your original order date / reservation number.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMWM3Man
So, as to the Frankenstein rumors.... My understanding is that the 12v battery, regardless of chemistry (Li-Ion or Lead Acid) is designed to be removable/replaceable. Am I incorrect in that?

If replaceable, then ignoring the cost, wouldn't it be possible to yank a Lead Acid 12v and replace it with Li-Ion, or are there some form-factor considerations I'm unaware of that would make that not feasible?
I believe Tesla will offer the new 12v for "older" cars. It just has to be retrofitted.

The connectors are quite different from what I know, so it is not a simple swapping. Also, the Li-Ion battery costs significantly more AFAIK. So would be good if we do not have a "Frankenstein" config to start with.

I enjoy visiting with this group, so I've decided to stay longer. Tesla helped with that decision by moving my EDD from February to March. Is it the color? The seats? The wheels? Or where you live? I feel for the East Coast, but even more so for those just a few miles from the factory and are waiting even longer. Is it when you buy options, you buy delays? For each convincing reason, there's one to counter it.

My Tesla loan expired this week, so I joined a credit union and confirmed an interest rate of 1.99%, but as soon as I took the hit on the credit score and got a 30-day window to buy, the window moves.
Follow the bouncing delivery date:
OD: 12/10
EDD1: 2/1-28
EDD2: 2/22-3/22
EDD3: 2/9-3/9
EDD4: 3/1-3/29 😪

Seriously! I'm also in the "just got pushed back" group as of this morning. I'd gone into my account I think yesterday on my desktop and all looked fine, but when I went in this morning via the app to the mobile site, suddenly there was a note about my trade-in offer recently having expired (which I knew was the case, was surprised hadn't yet been flagged to me and the desktop site didn't mention the expiration or give me a way to add the updated mileage). Now I'm wondering if my push-back was somehow tied to that.. we'll see if my EDD window moves up in time once the new trade-in offer comes in.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson
Seriously! I'm also in the "just got pushed back" group as of this morning. I'd gone into my account I think yesterday on my desktop and all looked fine, but when I went in this morning via the app to the mobile site, suddenly there was a note about my trade-in offer recently having expired (which I knew was the case, was surprised hadn't yet been flagged to me and the desktop site didn't mention the expiration or give me a way to add the updated mileage). Now I'm wondering if my push-back was somehow tied to that.. we'll see if my EDD window moves up in time once the new trade-in offer comes in.
Man, I'm going to be so sad if that happens to me too, but at this point wouldn't be surprised. I'm also a November order and part of me is wondering if I'd get a car quicker if I canceled and just reordered now. Have a trade-in that was approved a week ago and my Loan is set to expire 3/1. Hopefully the car comes sooner.

So I have a spare care and I share with my wife and work from home. Got a great offer on my existing car. Tempted to take it and just slum it for 1-2 months. I'd only be concerned if it went on for 3+ months. OD was 01/06 and EDD is 02/27 - 03/27.
Yeah part of me wanting to move to a newer car ( M3LR has the best resale value in class ) is that I fear I will lose the 'good deals' on my existing ride (which Id normally switch in a year or two), in a few months or worse - before I get the M3LR.