Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should do this ASAP, as the window they gave me runs from Fri-Mon, and I can't get out to pick up the car on Monday.
Called Tesla today and had them reserve my delivery for Feb 27 (Feb 25 - Mar 01 was EDD). Also confirmed that 175XXX is Ryzen. Agent was also able to tell me the car is set to be delivered to Tesla on Feb 25, and the Feb 27 she set for me is a placeholder..if something happens I'll get an updated text to move the date forward/backward.

Called Tesla today and had them reserve my delivery for Feb 27 (Feb 25 - Mar 01 was EDD). Also confirmed that 175XXX is Ryzen. Agent was also able to tell me the car is set to be delivered to Tesla on Feb 25, and the Feb 27 she set for me is a placeholder..if something happens I'll get an updated text to move the date forward/backward.
Cool, so we are picking up on consecutive days. I am set for Feb 26 in Raleigh.

• Love
Reactions: TaroBaapG35
So, as to the Frankenstein rumors.... My understanding is that the 12v battery, regardless of chemistry (Li-Ion or Lead Acid) is designed to be removable/replaceable. Am I incorrect in that?

If replaceable, then ignoring the cost, wouldn't it be possible to yank a Lead Acid 12v and replace it with Li-Ion, or are there some form-factor considerations I'm unaware of that would make that not feasible?

I believe Tesla will offer the new 12v for "older" cars. It just has to be retrofitted.
The lithium "12V" runs at slightly higher voltage, (15.5V I think), and will have a different charge profile, I doubt they will be interchangeable.

Between the time I started researching buying a new Tesla (Sept 2021), subsequently placed my order for a M3LR (Dec 7), and my delivery date (Feb 19) the car has changed quite a bit.
Improvements:
  • AMD based MCU
  • LION low voltage battery
  • Matrix headlights
  • Heated wiper park area
Removed features
  • 1 less speaker
  • USB in center console no longer supports data.
    • No more game controller support
    • Games requiring controllers no longer loaded (even though you can use the port in the glove box??)
    • Only one working Data port for Sentry mode, Dashcam, Boombox, Lightshow, music storage etc.
  • UI drastically changed, not for the better as per some.
  • Heat Pumps breaking under extreme cold - now fixed?
  • Boombox feature removed? Or just changed to be less fun? (If this is a mandate by NHTSA ,why does it affect cars outside of the USA?)
  • 30 days vs 1 year premium connectivity
  • No more referral code benefits for cars
  • Several price increases
Features unavailable in Canada that don't make sense:
  • Theater apps like Disney+ and TikTok missing
  • FSD beta (coming soon... ?)
Am I missing anything else?
I'm still excited about the car, don't get me wrong. Just pretty amazing how much can change in a few months with a Tesla.
I think the improvements outweigh the missing features. I'm also hopeful that they'll roll out bluetooth game controller support and give us back Cup Head and Sonic.
Cup Head was made by a company based in my hometown here in Canada and I was looking forward to seeing it on my car :) (And their graphic designer is my friend's cousin!)

May your wait times grow shorter and your deliveries go smoothly :)

Im curious why you didnt take delivery and get it fixed? Wouldn't that have ensured you get a vehicle sooner than rolling the dice with a new EDD? I'm fairly new to the process so likely missing something here.
If it were just the sensor gasket and door handle I would have considered it. I also thought to myself, "If I knew for a fact that I was getting a car in two weeks, would I take this car?" I would have rejected it immediately.

Why would you take a previously damaged vehicle? Unless they're planning to strip and re-paint the s cratched panel it will just be patched.

I've seen some folks report major damage ( during shipping bumper was dented etc. ) and they went ahead with getting it fixed and not going through the whole waiting process.

I guess it depends on what you consider "damage". I wouldn't want to take a car "damaged" as described above but would be ok if it meant a scratch here or there.

Reactions: Misslove_143
I've seen some folks report major damage ( during shipping bumper was dented etc. ) and they went ahead with getting it fixed and not going through the whole waiting process.

I guess it depends on what you consider "damage". I wouldn't want to take a car "damaged" as described above but would be ok if it meant a scratch here or there.

If I'm paying 50k+ for a vehicle I'm not taking a cosmetically damaged vehicle. Slight misalignment that they can loosen some bolts and realign? Sure. Patching some damage? Pass.

My app says "We're building your car" with an EDD of 2/21 - 2/25. Does anyone know If the car isn't built yet would they still be able to tell me which processor it has (VIN F177XXX)? Also how is everyone reaching out to these SAs? I have a number that a few different Tesla employees have used to text me. I'll probably just text that number about the processor unless someone suggests a better way to contact them.

I'm dreading tomorrow morning. A couple of people have reported huge 1 month EDD pushbacks today for similar builds and both my orders are due to be pushed back tomorrow (today is the first day of the EDD period for both with no VINs in sight). If I get pushed back by a month (12/10 order date for first) I'm likely to go stir crazy because I sold both my cars in mid December!

TESLA, I NEED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!!
Tesla cares!........Knowing there is a pandemic they are keeping you home and safe, and here we thought there was no method to their madness with all these EDD changes...............Tesla.......battery on the bottom........hope on top.

My app says "We're building your car" with an EDD of 2/21 - 2/25. Does anyone know If the car isn't built yet would they still be able to tell me which processor it has (VIN F177XXX)? Also how is everyone reaching out to these SAs? I have a number that a few different Tesla employees have used to text me. I'll probably just text that number about the processor unless someone suggests a better way to contact them.
No, they would need a VIN to tell you this.

My EDD (2/11-2/25) starts again tomorrow, however this is the first time where it has narrowed down to 2 weeks. Is there a chance? I have not received the vision statement.

I am dreading the EDD being pushed back. My OD was 12/4 for a MSM M3LR Black interior/no fsd/aero.
In a very similar situation. OD Dec 9 with same config as you, EDD is Feb 10-24, which I'll likely get a push back update tomorrow. No vision agreement/vin, etc yet 😵‍💫

If your vin is 177xxx, it's safe to say it'll have the new Ryzen, as well as the lithium battery