Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has probably been answered before, but I never received a text message from Tesla when I made my order. I'm not entirely sure how to get in touch with my SA if I have any questions
I used the chat function, but no one was available so the call back function popped up, and let me leave an email and phone number to request a callback.
Got an email response within 24 hours.

Reactions: Misslove_143
Below is what my bank is telling me. Anyone have thoughts on what I should do? They pre-approved me for 1.99%, but this just seems like a pain to have to deal with.

You are welcome to contact Tesla to see if they accept drafting instructions from your Credit Union. That just means we won’t give them the check until they show us proof that the title has been put in your name and everything. If they won’t accept drafting you will have to finance through Tesla, then we can refinance it after you get your hard plates, which means they took care of all the title work already. I would reach out to a representative to see if they accept drafting, if not you will have to use their financing unfortunately. If they say you won’t get your plates for 60 days, then we will have to push back refinancing until they handle that.

Below is what my bank is telling me. Anyone have thoughts on what I should do? They pre-approved me for 1.99%, but this just seems like a pain to have to deal with.

You are welcome to contact Tesla to see if they accept drafting instructions from your Credit Union. That just means we won’t give them the check until they show us proof that the title has been put in your name and everything. If they won’t accept drafting you will have to finance through Tesla, then we can refinance it after you get your hard plates, which means they took care of all the title work already. I would reach out to a representative to see if they accept drafting, if not you will have to use their financing unfortunately. If they say you won’t get your plates for 60 days, then we will have to push back refinancing until they handle that.
I'm not sure if this is a Texas-specific thing, but I had no issue using outside financing up here in NY.
Clearly, the title needs to mention the lien holder, if that's what they mean. Perhaps contact your SA about this?
My bank required tesla to supply a bill of sale with my bank mentioned as supplying the amount of the loan in the payment section.
I'm certain the service center will supply whatever is necessary in your state for outside financing.

I'm not sure if this is a Texas-specific thing, but I had no issue using outside financing up here in NY.
Clearly, the title needs to mention the lien holder, if that's what they mean. Perhaps contact your SA about this?
My bank required tesla to supply a bill of sale with my bank mentioned as supplying the amount of the loan in the payment section.
I'm certain the service center will supply whatever is necessary in your state for outside financing.
Yes, I assume it's a Texas specific thing since nobody else seems to have much trouble. Unfortunately I don't have an SA, or at least if I do I have had zero communications from anyone at Tesla so far.

I'm graduating from this board :)
I took delivery this morning. Everything is perfect except for 1 unfortunate panel gap between the 2 glass panels on the roof. (The rubber seal doesn't span the entire gap, so water can flow in between.) A service appt is scheduled for later this month to resolve it. Other than that, the car is perfect.

20220216 Mr Li.jpg

I'm graduating from this board :)
I took delivery this morning. Everything is perfect except for 1 unfortunate panel gap between the 2 glass panels on the roof. (The rubber seal doesn't span the entire gap, so water can flow in between.) A service appt is scheduled for later this month to resolve it. Other than that, the car is perfect.

View attachment 769807
Can you take a pic about the glass panel gap you mentioned? Thanks

Well, guess who woke up to a VIN today.

This time I'm thrilled to see someone else get their VIN before me. When it takes over 3 months to just get a VIN there's the realization that "it could happen to me." There are many in this group who can only sit quietly and wait their turn for the celebration. I'll sit, but not quietly. Did they run out of blue paint?

This time I'm thrilled to see someone else get their VIN before me. When it takes over 3 months to just get a VIN there's the realization that "it could happen to me." There are many in this group who can only sit quietly and wait their turn for the celebration. I'll sit, but not quietly. Did they run out of blue paint?
That's the part that perplexed me the whole time, is what I ordered is actually a very basic car.

For some reason, it almost seems like Blue/Red are forgotten about, but I guess during building day it's less than White / Black / MSM in popularity.

I've been seeing some people get VINs with blue vehicles recently, so I have no doubt you must be somewhere close to the top of the line.

It would be nice if Tesla told you your place in the like by disclosing how many orders are infront of you.

Hope you get your VIN soon.

FINALLY have a window that’s less than a month since ordering!

OD 11/23
MSM/18" Aero Wheels/White/No FSD
EDD on OD: 1/25-2/22
EDD as of 1/11: 2/23-3/23
EDD as of 1/25: 2/2-3/2
EDD as of 2/3: 2/15-3/15
EDD as of 2/13: 2/16-2/27
Picking up in PHX

Still no VIN yet though.
So Day 1 of my new EDD… still no VIN. Willing to bet I’ll be pushed out further tomorrow if I don’t get a VIN by EOD.

Can you take a pic about the glass panel gap you mentioned? Thanks
Sorry, my car is off getting paint protection film.... basically he's at the car "spa". I can describe it though:
The 2 panels form a seam. Between the panels, there is a rubber seal. In the case of my car, the rubber seal didn't make contact with the opposite panel. There was a gap of about 2mm where I could see the metal beneath the seal. They tried to say it was within spec :rolleyes:. I said cool. I won't ask for it to be repaired if you show me the same gap in the test drive car model 3. In that car, the seal made contact. So, service date was made.

Sorry, my car is off getting paint protection film.... basically he's at the car "spa". I can describe it though:
The 2 panels form a seam. Between the panels, there is a rubber seal. In the case of my car, the rubber seal didn't make contact with the opposite panel. There was a gap of about 2mm where I could see the metal beneath the seal. They tried to say it was within spec :rolleyes:. I said cool. I won't ask for it to be repaired if you show me the same gap in the test drive car model 3. In that car, the seal made contact. So, service date was made.
Thanks for the explanation. Taking delivery of my M3LR later today. Will check the gaps. Finger crossed.

Anyone who has picked up and plans on using a 14-50 for charging, has anyone found the adapters in stock at the dealership? I am having trouble finding one and refuse to pay the extreme markup some are charging. Thinking of just getting a 14-50 to 6-50 welder adapter and getting the 6-50 cable from tesla.
Why not just get the 6.-50 adapter with a 6-50 receptacle?

Reactions: cmy4x4