Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who has picked up and plans on using a 14-50 for charging, has anyone found the adapters in stock at the dealership? I am having trouble finding one and refuse to pay the extreme markup some are charging. Thinking of just getting a 14-50 to 6-50 welder adapter and getting the 6-50 cable from tesla.
I got the 14-50 adapter before it went out-of-stock but using a 14-50 to 6-50 welder adapter and getting the NEMA 6-50 adapter from Tesla is actually not a bad idea

M3LR blk/blk, 18”, no fsd
OD 11/01, Chicagoland Area

“Estimated Jan 2022”
Initial EDD 12/03 - 12/27
11/25 - EDD 1/13 - 2/13
1/1 - EDD 2/16 - 3/16
2/4 - EDD 2/19 - 3/5
2/11 - VIN 173, EDD 2/24-2/27
2/16 - EDD changed to 2/20-2/26

Weird that it’s a bigger window now, granted both start and end are earlier. Still haven’t received an option to schedule the delivery. Payment not available. Haven’t uploaded proof of insurance yet as I was considering doing Tesla insurance which isn’t available until you schedule a delivery date.

Well as quick as that has changed, ive also received a link to schedule. Picking up next week! Can’t wait!

Thanks for the explanation. Taking delivery of my M3LR later today. Will check the gaps. Finger crossed.
this checklist link has been shared around on this site. It's very useful. Also, if you have a moment, you might want to look at paint issue videos on youtube, so you know what to look for.... specifically underspraying of paint. Paint issues are the only thing the service center can't really resolve effectively. Good luck!
The Best Tesla Model 3 Delivery Checklist

How long does it take for tesla to re-approve your trade in? I had to enter my mileage again because it expired. EDD is Feb 19 to Mar 19 and it has not moved yet.
Usually lest than 72 hours.

I had to get my offer renewed last week; entered updated mileage probably around 9-10 a.m. PT and received an updated offer at 4:55 p.m. that day.

Ok, there seems to be one thing missing here. Oh yeah, my car. All set for pickup on Saturday!
Biggest job was clearing the garage from 6 years of crap so the car will fit :)

6D139B81-FD1D-4429-85FA-541DEA2853E9.jpeg

Guess it’s time for me to be graduating’ here…
the milage is still in the single digits! (8.... got it with 6, haha)
still learning the touchscreen, I'm in for some studying... worth the wait, hope to see y'all in the other forums!

2D4FD4D3-7863-4C28-8724-5B7F3E29EAEB.jpeg

Attachments

• 07F8228D-0427-4BEE-BA79-C880B3AB7369.jpeg
    07F8228D-0427-4BEE-BA79-C880B3AB7369.jpeg
    909.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 9D3F7A18-4427-434E-9FBC-FBBDFD7FB7EE.jpeg
    9D3F7A18-4427-434E-9FBC-FBBDFD7FB7EE.jpeg
    908.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
First time posting here, thought I'd add my data points!

Order Date: 12/30/21
Config: M3 LR Blue/Black/Aero Wheels, no FSD
Original EDD at order: March 2022
EDD 1 (updated 1/1/22): 2/12 - 3/12
EDD 2 (updated 2/13/22): 2/18 - 3/4

Still no VIN assigned, checking (multiple times per day) on both mobile and account page (w/ Chrome extension). The anticipation is killing me, I honestly haven't felt this excited considering this is my first new car and seeing all the recent graduates from this forum 😁

One interesting thing that happened though was that I got the trade-in text on 2/4, I guess how it was worded didn't warrant a response so I didn't reply. I got a voicemail from Tesla on 2/15 saying that they needed "additional information", called them back and guess it was just them trying to reach out to me about the trade-in, which I confirmed with them that I don't. They said other than that "everything should be set" but that "they have no further information" on the dates.

Since I am considering doing a loan through DCU, considering the timing and updates, should I start on the application process soon? I have my payment method set as cash as the SA had recommended (since I wasn't sure at the time what I wanted to do), but also seeing the potential for delays (especially for the blue exterior), I also don't want to get an approval too early on and have it expire (and redo the app/get another credit pull) if the EDD gets pushed back. Any advice (or DCU referrals) would be appreciated!

This time I'm thrilled to see someone else get their VIN before me. When it takes over 3 months to just get a VIN there's the realization that "it could happen to me." There are many in this group who can only sit quietly and wait their turn for the celebration. I'll sit, but not quietly. Did they run out of blue paint?
I will report this... I saw my car yesterday on the delivery truck. The truck had 5 cars: mine, 2 white, and two BLUE (one blue Y and one M3). Someone's getting blue cars. I hope you get yours soon!

Hi all
I just got this email not from my SA but from Tesla. Is this typical?
OD 1/18
Current EDD 2/27-3/10
M3LR / MSM / White / aero / no fsd

And payment is set to cash - my plan is to switch it to finance once I get a VIN

——
Hi, this is Tesla Delivery reaching out.

Please log in to your Tesla account to review your payment method. Please reply with "Apply" if you need to apply for lending or leasing.

If your payment option is correct, please disregard this message.

Thank you!
I just received the same email, is this a precursor? My OD is 1/16 config is M3LR/White/Black/19/FSD and it's being delivered to NH. Good luck!!