Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few hours after receiving my VIN this morning, I texted my SA and requested that my financing be changed from 'Cash' to 'Loan.' They texted me back a couple hours later and said it was done... to simply log back into my Tesla account and it'd be there.

I finally sat down 20 minutes ago to take a look at it. Four or five basic questions - easily the quickest and easiest loan application of any kind I've ever had.

A minute after I clicked 'Submit' I got an email from Credit Karma that there had been a hard inquiry on me. Wells Fargo. A couple minutes later when I went back to my Tesla account, the loan had been approved. I simply had to accept the terms (amount financed, term, and balance due at delivery... the same terms I had input on the application) and it was done.

The financing end of things turned out to be remarkably easy.

Wow, really poor on them but not surprised sadly. Had a similar experience with Ducati a couple of years ago. I was livid.
I would call and see if they can deliver it to you since they are the ones that screwed up unless you really want to get it in person...
He asked how far I was from the Milwaukee location and said they could drive it there if it was close to me, but took that back when I said I was still 1.5 hours from there. Oh well.

He asked how far I was from the Milwaukee location and said they could drive it there if it was close to me, but took that back when I said I was still 1.5 hours from there. Oh well.
That is so strange. The past 2 orders I placed with Tesla locally they told me the exact opposite. They only deliver to your house if you live further than 100 miles from the SC. I haven't asked yet on my current order, maybe they changed the policy, but I would still push to get them to make an exception in this case since they wasted your time even though you called the day before.

I'm graduating from this board :)
I took delivery this morning. Everything is perfect except for 1 unfortunate panel gap between the 2 glass panels on the roof. (The rubber seal doesn't span the entire gap, so water can flow in between.) A service appt is scheduled for later this month to resolve it. Other than that, the car is perfect.

View attachment 769807
really stoked for you! The red looks great!!

• Love
Reactions: goinelectric
That is so strange. The past 2 orders I placed with Tesla locally they told me the exact opposite. They only deliver to your house if you live further than 100 miles from the SC. I haven't asked yet on my current order, maybe they changed the policy, but I would still push to get them to make an exception in this case since they wasted your time even though you called the day before.

Wow, that's a huge inconvenience. You had know way of knowing you'd be yo yo'ed like that.
He said no to home delivery so I guess we'll try again Saturday! If I don't come home with a car my wife will probably cancel my order FOR me. She's more angry than I am right now. :)

Ok, there seems to be one thing missing here. Oh yeah, my car. All set for pickup on Saturday!
Biggest job was clearing the garage from 6 years of crap so the car will fit :)

View attachment 769884
Oh man I feel you here.......we were looking at getting a car port...........I was able to make room in the garage and clear out all the junk. We are about halfway on everything.....halfway to the car(its crossing the country now), and halfway to the charger as I have all the 6/3 run but was waiting for a little warmer weather to wire everything.

Reactions: Blackfish
Welcome. You can simply click the like button found right below the comment you read. You may have a minimum amount of comments that you make prior to seeing the like button.
Thanks... It may that I am a newbie :)
1645048661610.png

Attachments

• 1645048611073.png
    1645048611073.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 90