Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 month delay in my EDD:
OD 12/25, M3LR, MSM, Black, 19", No FSD, Orlando
Initial EDD: Feb 8 - Mar 8
Updated EDD (1/18): Mar 3 - Mar 31
Updated EDD yesterday: Apr 27 - May 27

I posted this on reddit yesterday as well and a user mentioned that it could've been because I never filled out the trade in info or hit decline. I declined it and called my pickup location to ask what's up. They said that on their end they still see me receiving a VIN in the first 2 weeks of March.
Called again today to see if they still see the same info on their end about receiving a VIN in March and new guy said that they don’t see anything on their end about that. I’m probably going to pass by my pickup location tomorrow and see if I can talk to someone about it irl.

Reactions: disneygirl420
This sucks.

At end of January my delivery window bumped sooner, to Feb. 2, and only a 2 week window, but I didn't have the title and registration for the trade in yet so I put it on hold for two weeks. Last week I added the trade in and my delivery went to TBD. I was starting to get excited because I thought I would step back in line where I left off so when the order came off hold today I was expecting a possibly very soon delivery. Instead I get a delivery window of April 29th to May 27th! WTHF? That's a longer time to expected delivery than when I first ordered in December!

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD

A lot of VINs and Pickup this week, and many of them are talking about how there are no panel gaps or problems at first glance. Could Tesla's QC be getting better!??!
I was actually quite nervous when Tesla told me the car would be delivered to my home instead of me picking it up at the service center. There would be no other car for me to compare in case I find something abnormal. When I called to ask them why switched to in-home delivery, they told me that this improves customer experience.
Fortunately, based on all the youtube video about how to do quality check, I really couldn't find anything major.
Hope their QC is getting better for a $50K+ car.

Should we be worried about lower series VINs? Could they be rejects?
I am concerned about this as well. Says the car was manufactured 1/27, and is being shipped directly from Fremont. So, take what the SA says with a grain of salt, but they did say it was not a reject and had the Heated Wipers, Ryzen, and LI ION Battery. I will go over this car with a fine-toothed comb. Fingers crossed!

I was actually quite nervous when Tesla told me the car would be delivered to my home instead of me picking it up at the service center. There would be no other car for me to compare in case I find something abnormal. When I called to ask them why switched to in-home delivery, they told me that this improves customer experience.
Fortunately, based on all the youtube video about how to do quality check, I really couldn't find anything major.
Hope their QC is getting better for a $50K+ car.
If you can't tell why would it matter?

Reactions: DasTasla and cmy4x4
I am concerned about this as well. Says the car was manufactured 1/27, and is being shipped directly from Fremont. So, take what the SA says with a grain of salt, but they did say it was not a reject and had the Heated Wipers, Ryzen, and LI ION Battery. I will go over this car with a fine-toothed comb. Fingers crossed!
We should have a tracker for rejected VINs with the complete number. It would certainly be a very small subset but could help some members.

Reactions: Rodney!
Can someone post an explication of what the comment "Received VIN 181XXX" represents? My assumption is that the 181xxx is a number in the VIN but is it the actual unique serial number portion?

5YJ######NF######
5YJ181XXXNF######
5YJ######NF181XXX
The last example is correct. When someone says they’ve received a vin 180XXX, they’re referring to the last six digits which serve as a serial number for the car.