Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been following this thread for a few weeks—jealous of all of those who ordered after me with VIN and Delivery already but happy for you at the same time. Figured I’d join in on the fun.
M3LR / White / White / 19 / No FSD
Pickup in Smithtown, NY

OD 1/20

1/20 Update: Estimated Delivery 4/21-5/30

1/28 Update: Estimated Delivery 2/26-3/26

2/8 Update: Estimated Delivery 4/23 - 5/21
Same config but with FSD. OD 2/16. Same exact EDD, pickup in Columbus, OH.

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Also got an update thankfully.

OD: 11/14, M3LR/MSM/BLACK/FSD/18" - MA
prev EDD: 3/1-3/29
today EDD: 3/9-3/23

Typically how long after your EDD updated to a two week window did you receive a VIN? Excited but dont want to get too excited just yet...

For me, it was three days after the EDD went to a 2-week window before the VIN was assigned.

Four days after that, I received the text to schedule delivery.

I told my wife her 3 might beat my S here and it was a close race. While I took delivery of the S this week there are some issues that need to be fixed before I can drive it. We'll today we just got the VIN for her 3. It is 182XXX.

Delivery will be about 10 days out from now. Which means my S will be in for its service appt. while we take delivery of hers. So unless there are significant issues with the 3, we'll be driving it before we can drive the S. I think we are looking at 5 weeks from order to delivery if our delivery date holds. I think it was a 3-4 month estimated wait when we ordered. Maybe they prioritized us because of 2 other Teslas in the last year.
What was wrong with the s?

5 days until delivery...

Preparing and cleaning out my current car which will be sold next week after I take delivery of the Model 3.
7 days here, hoping that somehow they call and say its ready sooner........not sure if that happens frequently, but based on how "accurate" their systems seem to be one can dream..............

Oh wow. I finally got an update on my EDD. Less than a two week window. Not by much so let's call it a two week window.
New EDD: 3/5-3/16. 👀

Suggestion for data capture: Add in "date completed all tasks"

From all the articles, videos, and what I've read on this site I think that's a influential control point if you are trying to model and answer questions. Just my two cents.

My Model 3 delivery is in under a week! Saw my exact spec waiting for someone to pick up..

For those wondering on the 4680 batteries and production (obviously no information on Model 3's getting those batteries), but both Tesla Tech and Salespersons told us when we pickedup my uncles MYP on Saturday that the Y's coming out of Austin have the same 1st year issues (paint quality, panel gaps, etc) that the first year MY did coming out of Fremont...Good thing is, since the 4680s are much lighter, they're saying the range has def improved.

The service centers been receiving a few 4680 Y's for test and training...take all this with grain of salt..

I got a VIN of 175 on the east coast. Build date of 2/10. Pickup i
Wow! Congrats..
Update this morning,

order date 2/2/2022 m3lr/msm/ black int./no fsd/18"
edd1 3/2-3/30
edd2 3/7-3/20

less than a month!
that’s a fast turnaround. For some perspective I ordered same as you but with 19” with pickup in PA on 2/11 & my EDD is May-June., what’s your secret? LOL And congrats!