Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20A0F6D5-69C3-4666-8FAA-2822E3FCCC6B.jpeg

How far out do they contact to schedule delivery date/time? I have a deliver window of 03/07-03/11....

Thanks!
Same exact delivery window as mine with a VIN the day after me, you must be on the east coast too? Lol.
I talked to my local SC (Charlotte, NC) this morning and they said they won't contact me to schedule me until the car gets to the regional center in Alabama but right now it is tentative for 3/9.

Reactions: BMWM3Man
M3LR, Red/White, 19", no FSD, Florida
OD: 2/17/22
EDD: May 16 - June 13

On 2/20/22 I switched from MSP to MSLR. Reading too many things on the 20" tires that I don't want to deal with, still might switch to 18s but haven't heard much bad about the 19s. Also will save close to $200/month between loan and Insurance. Will buy Boost package making the LR 1.5sec faster 0-60 than my current Cadillac ATS 2.0T.

Switching from Preformance to LR had no effect on my EDD which pretty much tells me the date is just a placeholder.

I have completed all steps except for payment, TA said not to apply for loan until VIN is assigned.
19s should be fine. The reason I went with the 18s is for the slightly increased range, the assumption that they will be "more comfy" and cheaper to replace tires.

Same exact delivery window as mine with a VIN the day after me, you must be on the east coast too? Lol.
I talked to my local SC (Charlotte, NC) this morning and they said they won't contact me to schedule me until the car gets to the regional center in Alabama but right now it is tentative for 3/9.

Thanks for the feedback. When I asked where my car currently is they told me it is in transit and in Alabama, but I did not know that there is a regional center there.

Thanks for the feedback. When I asked where my car currently is they told me it is in transit and in Alabama, but I did not know that there is a regional center there.
Maybe regional center isn't the correct verbiage, mostly an assumption on my part since they made it seem like that was the "pit stop" prior to re-distributing to actual Service Centers. But it could be that they just wait until it reaches that state to make sure there won't be additional delays? Not sure. Pretty wild that both our cars are currently OTW to Alabama yet our delivery timelines are a couple weeks apart!

Yes...in Atlanta. Just texted and they said I should get a link to schedule p/up today or tomorrow. We'll see!

Reactions: jonjon09
You can pre-emptively text them and ask for the date.

I texted and they said I'll get a text today or tomorrow for 03/07-03/11 dates. Going on a 6 hour drive on the 11th so I hope it comes before then. Otherwise I'm driving this...and although fun the Spider is not the best for 6 hour drive one way for a weekend. :oops: And NOWAY I'm taking the Jeep. LOL

1645472615495.png

Hello,

I just wanted to share my EDD.
It recently got pushed from 2/20-3/1 to 2/22 to 3/3. The original EDD was end of March. I haven’t gotten a VIN, trade in text or any sort of communication besides the original email when I ordered. I want to start my trade in process so I’m not rushing since the quotes only last a week. I’m not sure if this EDD is realistic with the lack of communication. Does anyone else have similar EDD and order date?

OD 1/23, white, white, aero, no fsd, NorCal

I texted and they said I'll get a text today or tomorrow for 03/07-03/11 dates. Going on a 6 hour drive on the 11th so I hope it comes before then. Otherwise I'm driving this...and although fun the Spider is not the best for 6 hour drive one way for a weekend. :oops: And NOWAY I'm taking the Jeep. LOL

View attachment 772152
Spider looking good. Are you selling one of these after you get your Tesla? :)

Reactions: BMWM3Man
Maybe regional center isn't the correct verbiage, mostly an assumption on my part since they made it seem like that was the "pit stop" prior to re-distributing to actual Service Centers. But it could be that they just wait until it reaches that state to make sure there won't be additional delays? Not sure. Pretty wild that both our cars are currently OTW to Alabama yet our delivery timelines are a couple weeks apart!
Mine is CLT as well with an EDD 3/6-3/9 but the SA said he is seeing it as arriving 3/9. Said I would get the text to schedule any day now

Reactions: jonjon09
Oh wow. I finally got an update on my EDD. Less than a two week window. Not by much so let's call it a two week window.
New EDD: 3/5-3/16. 👀

Suggestion for data capture: Add in "date completed all tasks"

From all the articles, videos, and what I've read on this site I think that's a influential control point if you are trying to model and answer questions. Just my two cents.
Wow congratulations!
I also got an update EDD
it’s now 03/02-03/13

:) I’m so excited for it

Reactions: Canine06
Spider looking good. Are you selling one of these after you get your Tesla? :)

Thanks!

No...I'll keep them. I did get rid of my daily ride a BMW X3 in pic b/c they "made me an offer I couldn't refuse". Silly how much used cars are being bought/sold for lately. Plus my co-pilot really loves the spider! I let the wife ride sometimes too...;)

1645474488779.png

1645474547395.png

Last edited:
"Soprano's opening theme song playing...."
Woke up this morning, gotta VIN VIN in my app!

VIN: 181xx

M3LR, White/Black, 19", No FSD
OD: 1/12
EDD1: March
EDD2: 2/19 - 3/4
EDD3: 2/28 - 3/6

Hang in there folks, hopefully yours is coming soon.
Just got a email/text to schedule my delivery date....I'll be picking up on Thursday March 3rd.
If I hadn't been reading this forum and all the changes in EDD's, I would have thought the ordering process was very smooth as every date has basically narrowed my delivery window.

Hopefully everything continues to go smoothly with the delivery experience and vehicle build quality.

OD - November 14 (White/White/Aero 18"/No FDS)

EDD 1 - January 20 to February 20
EDD 2 - February 20 to March 20
EDD 3 - February 23 to March 4

VIN Received 2/16 at 1 PM - VIN later removed later that night around 10 PM (Called Tesla and was told production factory did not pass the car, put back in as "Priority".

EDD 4 - March 7 to March 18