Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up today. Only a few minor issues that the Delivery Associate had me put in a service request for.

Scratch on trim
1CB048B7-4426-49BC-8C43-71B5AC86A16C.jpeg

Misaligned chargeport
CC6A4A22-E682-4FDE-9CDE-A325AA0A5F35.jpeg

Misaligned tail light (albeit very very minimally)
9141FC4A-D94F-48F2-BFBA-0DEE72616F56.jpeg

Tiny paint chip at the very edge of the door
C1CB4CFA-105C-4AB6-9AE4-5F60E9FF177B.jpeg

Weirdest one - seemingly overtightened rear driver-side door causing the bottom not to sit flush to the rocker panel area. This one seems to have gotten better with driving the vehicle though, so we’ll see.
BA1EF8C9-8430-4F6B-9DC1-CAC28246D250.jpeg

View attachment 774562
Well—my SA said Cash/Finance completion makes no change to your delivery date but everyone else says it does. So I can went ahead and completed all tasks nearly 3 weeks ago and have still not moved—it actually pushed me further out. 😞 Waiting patiently but no love shown for the East Coast apparently.

OD 1/19

1/20 Update: Estimated Delivery 4/21-5/30

1/28 Update: Estimated Delivery 2/26-3/26

2/6 Completed Cash/Finance task

2/8 Update: Estimated Delivery 4/23 - 5/21
I've got the same EDD as you. OD of 2/16, EDD hasn't updated yet

Took delivery of my LR yesterday. All good except the drivers door is slightly off. Already made a service appt for alignment.

Vin # 173XXX, AMD Ryzen, and Li-Ion battery confirmed.

Put on the T-Sportline 20” TST staggered wheels today as well as a bunch of other things (screen protector, Tesla logo puddle lights, Tesla console trays, wheel locks, all weather floor mats and trunk liner, performance pedal caps and performance rear spoiler)

Good luck to those waiting and its worth it once you finally get the car.
Congrats! Car looks great! I'll be picking mine up from CLT in a couple weeks too. Did you ever get an official SA or did you have to call them (or visit since you are so close) with questions? My friend just picked up his MYP today from CLT that he ordered mid December and it has the Intel chip which has me a little worried but you getting a M3LR with Ryzen gives me hope. I will probably still call them this week to confirm.

Reactions: Misslove_143
Read through hear a few times but never got around to posting until now.

Words of advice: Don’t be nice. Pester your SA for status updates during the delivery process.

I got my VIN 2/12 (174*** has AMD) and got delivery scheduled for 2/28. I asked for a status on the vehicle the next week but was ignored by the SA. I thought I’d be nice and realize they’re busy etc and didn’t follow up except to let them know I’d like to take delivery earlier over the weekend (26-27 FEB).
On 25 FEB I texted again to ask how it was looking and if early delivery was possible. The SA texts back that they don’t know how I have a 28 FEB appointment because my car is still in CA. Turns out the “system” sent my car to a warehouse instead of a train and somehow no one noticed in two weeks.
SA says they “rely on the system”. Still has not apologized. Did say there is nothing Tesla will do for me. No free charging, free connectivity months etc.

This is my third Tesla and I have to say I should not have expected more from the company. Love the cars, hate the company. Can’t wait for true competition to shock them into caring about their customers.

M3LR/White/Black/18” - OD: 12/16/21 1st EDD: 2/2 - 3/2; 2nd EDD: 2/15 - 3/15; 3rd EDD: 2/22-3/22; 4th EDD: 2/22 - 3/7; 5th EDD: 28 FEB; 6th EDD: 8 MAR

Read through hear a few times but never got around to posting until now.

Words of advice: Don’t be nice. Pester your SA for status updates during the delivery process.

I got my VIN 2/12 (174*** has AMD) and got delivery scheduled for 2/28. I asked for a status on the vehicle the next week but was ignored by the SA. I thought I’d be nice and realize they’re busy etc and didn’t follow up except to let them know I’d like to take delivery earlier over the weekend (26-27 FEB).
On 25 FEB I texted again to ask how it was looking and if early delivery was possible. The SA texts back that they don’t know how I have a 28 FEB appointment because my car is still in CA. Turns out the “system” sent my car to a warehouse instead of a train and somehow no one noticed in two weeks.
SA says they “rely on the system”. Still has not apologized. Did say there is nothing Tesla will do for me. No free charging, free connectivity months etc.

This is my third Tesla and I have to say I should not have expected more from the company. Love the cars, hate the company. Can’t wait for true competition to shock them into caring about their customers.

M3LR/White/Black/18” - OD: 12/16/21 1st EDD: 2/2 - 3/2; 2nd EDD: 2/15 - 3/15; 3rd EDD: 2/22-3/22; 4th EDD: 2/22 - 3/7; 5th EDD: 28 FEB; 6th EDD: 8 MAR
Competitions already there. Once they open up their charging network then it will be a fair fight.

Reactions: disneygirl420
Competitions already there. Once they open up their charging network then it will be a fair fight.
True but I’d add production capacity to that list. For most of the competition it’s like 2016 was for the M3…you can order one but it’s 1-2 years to delivery. I feel like my ‘22 M3’s taking that long but when I looked at market there were few true competitors who were actually taking orders and times were pretty far out.
Some I don’t consider to be competitive at all. I love Audi but the eTron actually felt sluggish when compared to my Q7 even though both they had the same 0-60 time in the mid-5’s. It didn’t feel fun to drive. VW’s just slapped batteries on some ICE vehicles and the cars suffer for it.

Pester your SA for status updates during the delivery process.
That would be easier if I had an SA. 🤣
Good to see not all Tesla drivers have drank the Kool-Aid. 👍

When the Model S first came out, I was super excited, and totally onboard the fanboy bus, but didn't need a new car yet.
By the time I needed a new car, I was out of the military and in college, so couldn't afford a Tesla.
Now, I need a new car, can afford a Tesla, but am most definitely NOT on the fanboy bus any longer.
It's been a strange trip, and maybe someday, I'll actually get to pick this damned car up from the service center.

Reactions: Misslove_143
Just thought I’d share to give everyone waiting some hope 😁

M3LR/MSM/Black Interior/Aero/No FSD
OD: 2/7
EDD 1: March 2022
EDD 2: March 8 - March 31
EDD 3 March 8 - March 22
2/27: VIN Assigned: 195XXX
EDD 4: March 14 - March 18

Haven’t confirmed with SA about AMD or Lithium 12V battery but I’m assuming it will have everything.

Will update when I confirm/ take delivery. Good luck to everyone waiting!

True but I’d add production capacity to that list. For most of the competition it’s like 2016 was for the M3…you can order one but it’s 1-2 years to delivery. I feel like my ‘22 M3’s taking that long but when I looked at market there were few true competitors who were actually taking orders and times were pretty far out.

Like BMW Canada announcing the other day that new orders for an i4 are already looking at 2023 for delivery? Yikes.