Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow really I didn’t know you can put it on hold. Would you know how long would tesla hold the car ?
The order is good for 90 days. You can place it on hold but the hold cannot generally extend beyond your Order Date (OD) plus 90d. When placed on hold, you specify the date you want it lifted. You can manually remove it from hold at any time via the website, or Tesla will do it when the specified date arrives.

My experience has been that you may place two holds without any consequence. Many have placed three, but some have been notified at the time of that third hold that no further holds would be honored or the order would be cancelled and the $250 deposit forfeited. Regardless of the # of holds, you can not place any hold that extends beyond OD+90.

Hope this helps! I'm sure if I missed a detail someone else will chime-in.

Last edited:
This forum entertains endlessly.

I received my first movement on EDD this morning. As I see it, the expectation set for my car was as late as March 31. I am thrilled that as of now, the moving target says March 27 at the latest. I accept, after following this forum since BEFORE I ordered, that the date might shift again. This world we live in has certainly taken a strange turn. I remember when we ordered our first Tesla and the delivery date happened within a week or two. I wonder if deliveries will ever occur that quickly again.

M3LR+/Blue/White/18" Aero/No FSD - PU in DFW
OD: 2/4. EDD: 3/6-3/31. EDD 2: 3/14-3/27

View attachment 775640

I'm really late to post this, but I finally took delivery over the weekend, and it is definitely worth the wait.

AMD - YES
Upgraded Battery - YES
Dual Pane Windows - Front (YES) Rear (NO)
Heated Wipers - YES
Panel Gap/Paint Issues - NONE FOUND

OD: 12/30
Delivered: 2/26
Sweet. I got mine last week. Same config. No major issues. Minor scratch on driver door. Also noticed an interior trim I feel should be better aligned. Seems to overlap vs being edge to edge. Is this normal?

Attachments

• D2BE2E04-01F2-4051-AEBD-DBA483EBD1CB.jpeg
    D2BE2E04-01F2-4051-AEBD-DBA483EBD1CB.jpeg
    673.8 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: disneygirl420
Finally Graduating from this thread! I took delivery of my M3LR/White/Black/Aero on Monday 28th in Cincinnati Ohio. The delivery experience was good but the car had imperfections - panel gap, door misalignment, wires in trunk visible to name a few. I accepted delivery and booked a service appointment at the time of delivery. Aside from the imperfections - Car is great to drive and very comfortable.
AMD, LI-ON, No heated wipers and no dual-pane windows.

Question for the folks with heated wipers - what is your software version? I am on 2021.43.102 and maybe with a software upgrade of 2022.X.X i could get heated wipers.

Reactions: chelcparr
Not to mention that most Kia dealers are charging 20%+ over sticker for the EV6 right now (at least the GT-Line AWD)....
It's crazy right? I refuse to pay over MSRP for ANYTHING...it's not that serious. What these greedy dealers aren't realizing is that this chip shortage won't last forever and they're leaving a bitter taste in people's mouths. And what consumers aren't realizing is the fact that they'll be upside down in their loan forever or if leasing have higher than normal monthly payments. Dealers are shady creatures and every since I found out the mark my interest rate up from what the bank told them (how is that even legal?!) I always secure my own financing no matter how hard they try and push to let them run my credit.

The order is good for 90 days. You can place it on hold but the hold cannot generally extend beyond your Order Date (OD) plus 90d. When placed on hold, you specify the date you want it lifted. You can manually remove it from hold at any time via the website, or Tesla will do it when the specified date arrives.

My experience has been that you may place two holds without any consequence. Many have placed three, but some have been notified at the time of that third hold that no further holds would be honored or the order would be cancelled and the $250 deposit forfeited. Regardless of the # of holds, you can not place any hold that extends beyond OD+90.

Hope this helps! I'm sure if I missed a detail someone else will chime-in.
I think the folks in the X and Y waiting rooms would not agree with OD+90. They would never be allowed a single day of hold, since their EDD are much farther out than that. I could be wrong, maybe it varies between models, but a lot of our EDD would preclude any holds, as well, if that’s the case. Flat total of 90 days makes more sense based on actual delivery estimates across all models and trims. The alternative is that contracts would need to be changed all the time as EDD are before, after or straddling 90 days. T’s customer service can be poor, but this would be an unforced error.

Last edited:
Finally Graduating from this thread! I took delivery of my M3LR/White/Black/Aero on Monday 28th in Cincinnati Ohio. The delivery experience was good but the car had imperfections - panel gap, door misalignment, wires in trunk visible to name a few. I accepted delivery and booked a service appointment at the time of delivery. Aside from the imperfections - Car is great to drive and very comfortable.
AMD, LI-ON, No heated wipers and no dual-pane windows.

Question for the folks with heated wipers - what is your software version? I am on 2021.43.102 and maybe with a software upgrade of 2022.X.X i could get heated wipers.
Congrats! Hopefully they will fix all your issues ASAP.
Don't have mine yet but they activated the heated wipers through a software push a month or so ago so you should be getting them soon.

Reactions: ds335
Day 2 of my EDD and it changed again.
  • Now 3/4-3/18
I'm running out of allowed characters in my signature so we need to wrap this delivery up 🤣

M3LR/MSM/18’’ Aero/Black Int/Autopilot/Carlsbad p/u./Tesla financing on OD
OD:1/23
  • (1/23)EDD#1: 3/12-3/31
  • (1/29)EDD#2: 2/23-3/23
  • (2/15)Trade in Text
  • (2/21)EDD#3: 2/24-3/10
  • (2/25)EDD #4: 2/27-3/23
  • (2/26)EDD #5: 3/1-3/15
  • (3/2)EDD#6: 3/4-3/18
NO VIN yet...(have also checked in source code)

As far as patterns go...getting a change on day 2 of EDD is inevitable

Day 2 of my EDD and it changed again.
  • Now 3/4-3/18
You've certainly had a lot of very small push backs which is interesting. Lucky for you, since you are so close to the factory, once you get a VIN you may actually get same day delivery like a lot of people in that area have. Got my VIN 1.5 weeks ago and I am only halfway to my delivery day of 3/12 lol. Other side of the country...