Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from a Tesla rep yesterday that they wanted to make an offer on my 2019 SR+ M3. No vin yet. Now that the trade in process is open, I am no longer able to find "insurancef" when I view source code.

OD 01/27/22
EDD OF 03/03-3/31
Silver, Dual Motor, LR, Aero Wheels Black Interior, Portland Oregon.

The EDD on both of my reservations were pushed out again (Happened on day 2 of old EDD window like most folks here). We have a model 3 EDD of 3/4-3/29 and Model Y EDD of 3/14-3/31. Model Y EDD moved out two weeks, Model 3 EDD moved out 4 days. I'm going to be in another country for 20th anniversary from the 20th-25th. I told my advisor this and he said, "let's worry about this once the cars get here." Sure hope they don't try to deliver 1 or both cars that week. We've already placed on hold once, so they could technically cancel our orders.

Reactions: disneygirl420
I received a text about 4 days after receiving my VIN, it included a link to schedule my delivery. It gave me options for what day of the week, as well as time of day.
Same for me, except I was only given one day to schedule as opposed to multiple. I was given 4 time choices. Doesn't matter, as I can schedule around it, but I thought 1 day only was not really accommodating.

I'm hoping to be able to pick it up earlier anyway, but if not, the appointment I scheduled will be fine.

< - One of the few that didn't "complete" the process, but I just called Tesla and they gave me this info.

Rep gave me the supply chain talk, Chips, Tires, and they are churning out cars slower than usually. Looking like 1st/2nd week of April, but End of March COULD happen.... 🤷‍♂️

OD: 12/19/21
EDD: 03/10 - 04/04
2/22 - Waiting on TI offer, EDD changed : 04/09 - 5/07
2/26 - Poked and Prodded for TI offer, ultimately declined and "completed" process
3/2 - No change on EDD, but confirmed OD is 12/19 and not 2/26.

obviously no VIN yet...

I guess I'll just wait for the EDD change....

Hope this helps!

< - One of the few that didn't "complete" the process, but I just called Tesla and they gave me this info.

Rep gave me the supply chain talk, Chips, Tires, and they are churning out cars slower than usually. Looking like 1st/2nd week of April, but End of March COULD happen.... 🤷‍♂️

OD: 12/19/21
EDD: 03/10 - 04/04
2/22 - Waiting on TI offer, EDD changed : 04/09 - 5/07
2/26 - Poked and Prodded for TI offer, ultimately declined and "completed" process
3/2 - No change on EDD, but confirmed OD is 12/19 and not 2/26.

obviously no VIN yet...

I guess I'll just wait for the EDD change....

Hope this helps!
Yeah same happened with me, eventually my EDD returned to respectable. Check your car's value on Carvana, Vroom, and Driveway. They all offer something different and I've heard good reviews from most on all 3 when it comes to selling. Currently my old cars value is the highest with Carvana but it used to be Vroom, just waiting on a VIN before I finalize a sale.

Reactions: DunKare
While I wait for my car I figured I would purchase a solid spare tire. Anyone do the same? If so what brand are you guys going with? I think the 18 aero comes stock with
235/45R18 Michelin Primacy MXM4. ($287 per tire) 😬
Are you planning on keeping that spare in the back seat or in your garage? Pretty sure a donut doesn’t fit in the frunk or the under-floor storage in the trunk.

I’m back inside another EDD window today. It sure would be nice if it wasn’t completely meaningless. From everything I’ve seen in this thread, if you don’t have a VIN before you get to your current window, the window will shift again. It would be a less unpleasant experience if they even came close to ‘first-come, first-served’ but clearly that isn’t much of a consideration when they assign cars to people. 😡

Reactions: Cosimo3456
M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD
OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19
EDD4 - 3/8 - 3/14 with VIN (192xxx - AMD Ryzen, new Li-on battery confirmed)
EDD5 - Received text to schedule delivery, options given were 3/14 or 3/15. Scheduled delivery for 3/14 at Austin TX

Tesla insurance quoted much lower than my current insurance, so will be going with them.

Are you planning on keeping that spare in the back seat or in your garage? Pretty sure a donut doesn’t fit in the frunk or the under-floor storage in the trunk.

I’m back inside another EDD window today. It sure would be nice if it wasn’t completely meaningless. From everything I’ve seen in this thread, if you don’t have a VIN before you get to your current window, the window will shift again. It would be a less unpleasant experience if they even came close to ‘first-come, first-served’ but clearly that isn’t much of a consideration when they assign cars to people. 😡
I’m planning on keeping the tire in my garage. And maybe a patch kit in the car.

Has anyone received a VIN at a time that was not first thing in the morning or do they seem to always happen at that time?
I got one at 4.30am central through email and text. I'm guessing they have overnight data jobs that run that assign it but have read messages where people do get it through the day as well, sometimes through a call from an SA or a text.

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have a delivery scheduled(wahoooo!) and texted a SA to see if they were able to move the appt up a day and they responded asking if I could do a new time. I responded yes but haven’t heard anything back. Has anyone rescheduled delivery and if so when did it update in the app?

Reactions: Misslove_143
OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19
EDD5 - Received text to schedule delivery, options given were 3/14 or 3/15. Scheduled delivery for 3/14 at Austin TX

Tesla insurance quoted much lower than my current insurance, so will be going with them.
lucky! been here waiting since 12/31, i contact my SA and she always says maybe next week...

OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19

I would shop around first. Farmers (my current insurance) quoted me around $1100 for the Tesla. Allstate was $1050 for the Tesla AND our other car. Saved us about $600. Tesla was around $125 a month and from what I have heard, it's a pain to deal with them on a claim.