Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing your config, it could have to due with the blue color choice. I think those are few and far between. Also, I believe they make colors in batches, most commonly MSM and white. But it's quantum mechanics to me. Makes no sense

But I will keep you updated :)
You're not the first to suggest my color choice is holding up delivery. I think tomorrow I'll switch back to my original color choice which is MSM. I saw a Model Y today on Morse in MSM and it looked sharp! It's not a dull or flat silver color like most manufacturers offer and I think it perfectly accentuates the black trim. I guess I have to call them to make a change as my edit button is gone. I'm going to test this theory and report back.

19B2D511-8368-4CDA-9BA5-7D66809F0D3B.jpeg

Picked up today and no panel gaps or quality issues found! I looked it over for a good 30-40 minutes to be sure and compared to other vehicles on-site.

Great experience with the Tesla employees and glad no issues as I’ll be hitting the road tomorrow for a 500+ mile trip.

Best wishes to everyone waiting patiently!

OD: 1/9
Delivery: 3/1
Model: LR

I spoke to my SA today and asked about any updates...he told me my delivery would be at the end of March. So basically I should just ignore the 3/3-3/17 estimate I got :( I expected it, but why am I still sad about it? lol
Because part of you knows that it means that all the crazy EDD shifting around is just their way of ;($:€<}%£] with us.

Reactions: angeliavee
I have a lease that’s done in June so I been waiting for the waiting time to push forward from May to June for the AWD model 3. Im from the north of jersey so if I order it today it’ll possibly be here before may
It's easier to put it on hold if it's arriving too soon than it is to get it to come faster if it's arriving too late. :);)

I test drove an EV6 today. Nice enough car, such that I wouldn't reject it if I got one as a rental, but otherwise, it's not for me. Car shopping this time hasn't been any fun at all. I've only gotten to take 2 test drives! (Neither in the Model 3) When I bought my Infiniti, it was after test driving more than a dozen different cars! The G35 was my first choice before I even drove any of them, but I had to be sure, right? 😁

You're not the first to suggest my color choice is holding up delivery.
2 months ago I toyed with idea of changing my color (from blue) just in the hope of getting an earlier delivery. It was quite the internal struggle. Would I regret that decision over time, would I find that a blue one came in the day after I switched, or might I choose the next color that gets pushed back? Sadly, it appears it may not really make a difference, but "what if?"

View attachment 775608
Picked up today and no panel gaps or quality issues found! I looked it over for a good 30-40 minutes to be sure and compared to other vehicles on-site.

Great experience with the Tesla employees and glad no issues as I’ll be hitting the road tomorrow for a 500+ mile trip.

Best wishes to everyone waiting patiently!

OD: 1/9
Delivery: 3/1
Model: LR
Good work! My EDD is 3/13 in Minneapolis.

Reactions: SkipShip
For those picking up in Peabody, MA - the delivery experience is great. I was pretty upset they moved me from Dedham out to the north shore, but after the experience I had, I'm no longer complaining. The car was INSIDE (I was worried the car was going to be piled with snow after getting ~12" the previous day), charged and plugged in to 90% when I arrived, was unlocked, and the Delivery Associate was there to answer all questions. I was told it was touchless delivery, but obviously that was not the case (and not mad about it). He helped me schedule a service appt to fix the few issues I found, got my registration squared away, and off I went. If you live even remotely close to Peabody (within an hour) I recommend getting your delivery there... I can't speak to Dedham location, but Peabody was excellent.

Sadly, it appears it may not really make a difference, but "what if?"
It's all just a crapshoot and we further torture ourselves by checking this forum and our apps everyday...smh. I've never in my life been more excited for a car before but then again I've never had to wait for a car before. Walk on the lot, test drive, haggle, drive away. This entire process is very tedious and I probably won't do it again if I'm being honest.

Reactions: Misslove_143
It's all just a crapshoot and we further torture ourselves by checking this forum and our apps everyday...smh. I've never in my life been more excited for a car before but then again I've never had to wait for a car before. Walk on the lot, test drive, haggle, drive away. This entire process is very tedious and I probably won't do it again if I'm being honest.
I do miss the 'walk in, drive out' method of purchasing a car, but seems like most of the complaints here are from Tesla being almost too transparent about expected deliveries. Having just taken delivery of our Mach E GT 4 weeks ago, we received exactly 2 updates through the entire order process which was initiated in July 2021. First update was that we had a build date, second update was that the car had a planned shipment to the dealer. There were no dates communicated in either update so it never got our hopes up outside of the initial estimate of 28 weeks to delivery.

I do miss the 'walk in, drive out' method of purchasing a car, but seems like most of the complaints here are from Tesla being almost too transparent about expected deliveries. Having just taken delivery of our Mach E GT 4 weeks ago, we received exactly 2 updates through the entire order process which was initiated in July 2021. First update was that we had a build date, second update was that the car had a planned shipment to the dealer. There were no dates communicated in either update so it never got our hopes up outside of the initial estimate of 28 weeks to delivery.
Well at least they let you know when your car was being built and when it was planned to ship. With that information you pretty much know where you stand. And it sounds like they delivered exactly when they said they would...7 months. Tesla doesn't tell you anything from what I'm reading here (plus my own experience) and frequently changes your delivery date. They ruin vacation plans and lease endings lol. Tell you one date and then when it gets close it's another month or two.

I haven't heard anything from my SA nor have I gotten any emails about progress or anything. I will concede that having to order a car and wait is the norm across the industry right now due to the chip shortages and such but once everything goes back to normal Tesla will still be doing the same thing. I just don't like the process and it's just my opinion, not trying to bash them or anything. Only reason I'm even shopping for a car is because my trade is worth almost $10k over what I paid for it thanks to the current market and I just want to capitalize on that.

Reactions: brancky3
It's easier to put it on hold if it's arriving too soon than it is to get it to come faster if it's arriving too late. :);)

I test drove an EV6 today. Nice enough car, such that I wouldn't reject it if I got one as a rental, but otherwise, it's not for me. Car shopping this time hasn't been any fun at all. I've only gotten to take 2 test drives! (Neither in the Model 3) When I bought my Infiniti, it was after test driving more than a dozen different cars! The G35 was my first choice before I even drove any of them, but I had to be sure, right? 😁
Oh wow really I didn’t know you can put it on hold. Would you know how long would tesla hold the car ?