Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Date October 2021, static estimated delivery up until yesterday: March 3 - 30

Called Tesla to see if everything was in order in my account, they said it was, all tasks complete, so just wait for updates.

This morning woke up, opened the app, my first delivery update!

Now April - May..... :(

Starting to sour a little bit on this whole process, plus reading all the problem threads is giving me major second thoughts here

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
OD Nov 5th 2021
EDD pushed again to March 16-31
Ugh!
MSM, Black, Aero, No Fsd
Still...No...Vin...
Crazy waiting time in GR, MI.
I think you'll see a VIN in the next 3-5 days. My SA said the car was scheduled to be built March 3rd, which I'll take with a grain of salt because every other SA conversation I had they are tight lipped about it. But regardless, they want to wrap up these orders in Q1 and I think EOM is going to be pretty accurate for you, especially given when you ordered.

Order Date October 2021, static estimated delivery up until yesterday: March 3 - 30

Called Tesla to see if everything was in order in my account, they said it was, all tasks complete, so just wait for updates.

Starting to sour a little bit on this whole process, plus reading all the problem threads is giving me major second thoughts here
It’s quite baffling how a handful of people get hung up for months waiting while everyone else averages out to normal wait times. Almost seems like it’s a flaw in the algorithm that the SA’s don’t step in to remedy.

I think you'll see a VIN in the next 3-5 days. My SA said the car was scheduled to be built March 3rd, which I'll take with a grain of salt because every other SA conversation I had they are tight lipped about it. But regardless, they want to wrap up these orders in Q1 and I think EOM is going to be pretty accurate for you, especially given when you ordered.
Ive heard on the forums they are just filling up that delivery truck with Q1 orders to head our way soon! My SA has been pretty vague as well. I just don't think they know any sooner than we know! You are also still waiting on a VIN?

• Informative
Ive heard on the forums they are just filling up that delivery truck with Q1 orders to head our way soon! My SA has been pretty vague as well. I just don't think they know any sooner than we know! You are also still waiting on a VIN?
Yep, I'm waiting on the VIN as well. I placed my order on 01/06 and it's a different configuration than yours. But I'm convinced that matters less and less outside of SR, LR, and Performance. I think it's just that we are in the Midwest and we don't have the luxury of additional car supply that are in the major population centers, especially on the west coast.

Reactions: Noigle and GOGR33N
I called the 800-number for the first time yesterday. The guy on the phone “claimed” that they aren’t supposed to access the part of the system that can show them the soft build date. So either he didn’t know how, didn’t want to, or couldn’t be arsed to.
I’m pretty sure it as the last, because from the background noises and strange pauses in the conversation, he was obviously working from home and taking care of an infant at the same time.

Updating my timeline...
Config: Midnight Silver, White Interior, 18" wheels, no FSD

OD: 1/23/22
1/26 EDD: May 11 - June 8
2/2 EDD: March 2 - March 30
3/3 EDD April 20 - May 18

Not exactly what I wanted to wake up to this morning, and was hoping I might've been lucky to see my EDD shrink a little bit instead of getting pushed back.

• Informative
I'm also on a Polestar forum. There is a lot fewer P*2's out there than Teslas in general or Model 3s specifically, and by a huge number, yet their problem forums are very, very active. Many of their problems have to do with an antenna controller module that bricks the car. Won't detect keys, can't verify acess via no-range access option, and more fun. Point is, lots of EVs have issues, and people with problems are vocal. If the car is working perfectly, nobody gets online to tell everyone about it or ask for help, so the perception that every car is a horror story gets blown out of proportion. There's an enormous number of Teslas out there now, and 1% of a huge number looks bad, even next to 10% of a tiny number.

I had an MYP order, was assigned VIN and rejected it for 4680 reasons.

Whilst I was in the actual Sales/Service station, the rep mentioned that someone had just canceled their M3LR order with the color combo I wanted. They were immediately able to assign that VIN to my account and I take delivery today, less than 24 hours later.

My point? It's worth going to your local sales people and letting them know you're ready to roll should a vehicle open up.

OD Nov 5th 2021
EDD pushed again to March 16-31
Ugh!
MSM, Black, Aero, No Fsd
Still...No...Vin...
Crazy waiting time in GR, MI.
That's crazy. I ordered on Jan 4th, have the exact same specs and I'm picking up on Saturday from GR. Did you have everything filled out? I was leaving the 3rd party financing blank until the middle of Feb, then not long after putting that info in I got a VIN.

something seems fishy here, I would try to contact local SA and see what the deal is. I am in RI, ordered in December and getting my car this weekend (hopefully).

Reactions: sumthng