Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSM black aero no FSD Toronto, Canada
OD: 1/7
EDD 2/28-3/28
2/13 EDD: 2/28-3/17
2/16 EDD: 3/2-3/6
2/17 VIN assigned 179XXX
delivered yesterday 3/2
had a blast so far.
20220302_104743.jpg

My M3 delivery for today just got pushed back because the delivery person found something wrong with the screen. She was very nice on the phone, she was about to leave the Tesla center then noticed the screen was glitching so she turned it in to the technician to have it checked out and may take few days. Any suggestions to what I should do(reject or accept) is much appreciated as my wife don’t feel comfortable accepting a new car with issues already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Misslove_143
taking delivery this weekend in RI. Unable to make payment online…. Not sure how’s it gonna be- Tesla told me that they can figure out at the showroom- so let’s see, also do they call you to let you know that the cars here or do I just show up at the appointment time?

Tomorrow (3/4) I am entering another estimated delivery window.
VIN or PUSHBACK?
We will see. ....
M3LR/MSM/18’’ Aero/Black Int/Autopilot/Carlsbad p/u./Tesla financing on OD
  • OD:1/23 ED#1: 3/12-3/31 (2.5 week window)
  • (1/29) ED#2: 2/23-3/23 (4 week window)
  • (2/15) Trade in Text
  • (2/21) ED#3: 2/24-3/10 (2 week window)
  • (2/25) ED#4: 2/27-3/23 (3.5 week window)
  • (2/26) ED#5: 3/1-3/15 (2 week window)
  • (3/2) ED#6: 3/4-3/18 (2 week window)
  • (?) VIN

Last edited:
Aren't the LR and Performance Models relatively similar? I thought they had similar motors and the battery was still 82Kwh. Sound system is the same, etc. I thought it came down to the performance wheels and some slight configuration differences. But I'm still new to it all, so I could be dead wrong. If so, the margin difference could be something -- e.g. top line cost. But it can't be that vast to muck with manufacturing strategy.

But 🤷.
Mine's 75kwh
taking delivery this weekend in RI. Unable to make payment online…. Not sure how’s it gonna be- Tesla told me that they can figure out at the showroom- so let’s see, also do they call you to let you know that the cars here or do I just show up at the appointment time?
If you've been in regular contact with your SA they should let you know if anything is wrong that results in a change in your delivery appointment.
Come to the appointment anyway. If it's a long drive ask them before you head there.
At delivery my SA let me pay my $11 outstanding balance with a credit card.

Mine's 75kwh

If you've been in regular contact with your SA they should let you know if anything is wrong that results in a change in your delivery appointment.
Come to the appointment anyway. If it's a long drive ask them before you head there.
At delivery my SA let me pay my $11 outstanding balance with a credit card.

You're right. LR is 75Kwh and Performance is 82Kwh.

• Funny
Reactions: JustVee
Does it matter if I order online or through a staff at the showroom?
Nope. The showroom might have some accessories that you can buy right off the shelf though.
In the worst case having someone to talk to, to make sure all ordering steps are complete can help with the wait time.

All that really means is if you order online make sure to select at least "CASH", then when you get your VIN contact your SA or Tesla and ask that your payment option be switched to finance/lease if that was your real original intention.

Reactions: Kattt
Tomorrow (3/4) I am entering another estimated delivery window.
VIN or PUSHBACK?
We will see. ....
M3LR/MSM/18’’ Aero/Black Int/Autopilot/Carlsbad p/u./Tesla financing on OD
  • OD:1/23 ED#1: 3/12-3/31 (2.5 week window)
  • (1/29) ED#2: 2/23-3/23 (4 week window)
  • (2/15) Trade in Text
  • (2/21) ED#3: 2/24-3/10 (2 week window)
  • (2/25) ED#4: 2/27-3/23 (3.5 week window)
  • (2/26) ED#5: 3/1-3/15 (2 week window)
  • (3/2) ED#6: 3/4-3/18 (2 week window)
  • (?) VIN

I got pushed back today to 3/5 - 3/30. Not quite into April, but I suspect that might happen in the next one, unless I get a VIN.

Updating my timeline...
Config: Midnight Silver, White Interior, 18" wheels, no FSD

OD: 1/23/22
1/26 EDD: May 11 - June 8
2/2 EDD: March 2 - March 30
3/3 EDD April 20 - May 18

Not exactly what I wanted to wake up to this morning, and was hoping I might've been lucky to see my EDD shrink a little bit instead of getting pushed back.
I have that exact config. OD 2/4. My timeline was similar but then I added FSD and it jumped me to March. Tesla puts margin above all

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
That's crazy. I ordered on Jan 4th, have the exact same specs and I'm picking up on Saturday from GR. Did you have everything filled out? I was leaving the 3rd party financing blank until the middle of Feb, then not long after putting that info in I got a VIN.
I don’t have an option to put finance info until I get a VIN. How am I to apply for a loan before I get a VIN? Everything else has been filled out for two weeks. It could of been held up because I didn’t know which plate I wanted to transfer. They just got a pic of my registration to transfer two weeks ago. Maybe that’s why cause I was just asked to download the app after that.