Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD date is 2/16, picking it up on 3/17, I have no idea how. Makes no sense
Well that's great news for you! It's probably not worth the effort to attempt to make any sense of it. This reminds me of when I ordered my Skytrak golf launch monitor last year. I ordered it Dec 7th, and at the time the advertised wait was 10 weeks. I didn't get it until March 22nd. I thought that was the longest 3.5 months of my life. At least with Tesla it seems their deliveries are somewhere around their estimates.🤷

Reactions: Wittybuffalo
Updating my timeline...
Config: Midnight Silver, White Interior, 18" wheels, no FSD

OD: 1/23/22
1/26 EDD: May 11 - June 8
2/2 EDD: March 2 - March 30
3/3 EDD April 20 - May 18

Not exactly what I wanted to wake up to this morning, and was hoping I might've been lucky to see my EDD shrink a little bit instead of getting pushed back.
I have a theory that at the end of March, they will be retooling the Fremont factory again. This time to convert Model Y production capacity to Model 3 as Giga Texas is ramping up. Like everyone whose window shifts, it never lands in the first 3 weeks of April. I think that's when they'll be making the switch.

I have a theory that at the end of March, they will be retooling the Fremont factory again. This time to convert Model Y production capacity to Model 3 as Giga Texas is ramping up. Like everyone whose window shifts, it never lands in the first 3 weeks of April. I think that's when they'll be making the switch.
I think this is an extremely sound theory

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Congrats. That is a very nice car seat. Your child should be very safe.
In all honesty, I would 1000% recommend the Britax brand to anyone looking for a car seat. The one on top is a replacement for another of the exact same model. The first one was in my wife's (3-week old) Nissan Rogue when she was stopped at a red light and rear-ended at 60-65 mph by a Ford F150. The impact pushed her car into a GMC Sierra, the Sierra into an Acura RDX, and all three vehicles into the intersection.
My wife was brought to the hospital by ambulance and still has back pain 9 years later, but our daughter (Age 3 at the time) was completely fine in her car seat.

Hayward, CA about 9mi from the Fremont factory here:

OD: 2/7 for a RWD, EDD May 2022
Switched order to LR on 2/19
2/22: EDD 2/24-3/7

2/26: EDD 4/9-5/17

3/2: EDD 3/4-3/13

3/3: EDD 3/5-3/8, VIN 1982xx assigned

3/4: home drop off scheduled for 3/5

Pretty happy getting the car unexpectedly, but definitely no time to get the best price for my trade in — as it stands, going to switch to minimal down payment, not trade in, and just sell my old Forester sometime next week.

Reactions: cmy4x4
Called Tesla to check on my delivery...it made me nervous LOL.
Told that this close to my delivery on the 10th all systems go! No delays foreseen...I know, I know famous last words but it was good to hear.
Famous last words indeed. The day before delivery I get a text confirming my appointment for the next day at 10:00AM. Three hours later I get a text stating that my delivery will be delayed until the following day. Some words were exchanged, and we compromised with an afternoon delivery on my original day.

Reactions: Misslove_143
Just reached out to the SA I was assigned and he told me that they are expecting my car to be in SoCal around 3/8, so Ím assuming my VIN is coming!!!!
I'm planning to contact my local SA for the first time tomorrow to see if they have any more details. I'm not sure why Tesla would provide SAs more info vs. sharing that directly with the customers.

Famous last words indeed. The day before delivery I get a text confirming my appointment for the next day at 10:00AM. Three hours later I get a text stating that my delivery will be delayed until the following day. Some words were exchanged, and we compromised with an afternoon delivery on my original day.

Yeah...things happen but I'm not "exchanging words" with anyone and p'ing them off! Yes Sir No Sir just like with law enforcement. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: Theraven and cmy4x4
so after almost 7 months of waiting, I finally got a vin on my model 3. Trading in a 2018 Model 3, which at the time back in the time of original estimated delivery of November I would get 48k in trade in credit. Fast forward to March, my car is only worth 40k via tesla trade in. I would have to pay ~ 13k and lose FSD and acceleration boost. I don’t use FSD much since I’m in nyc. Got quotes from caravana, vroom, givemethevin, kbb, with max offer of ~43.5k, which is essentially the same as teslas trade in credit due to tax savings. What would you do?

so after almost 7 months of waiting, I finally got a vin on my model 3. Trading in a 2018 Model 3, which at the time back in the time of original estimated delivery of November I would get 48k in trade in credit. Fast forward to March, my car is only worth 40k via tesla trade in. I would have to pay ~ 13k and lose FSD and acceleration boost. I don’t use FSD much since I’m in nyc. Got quotes from caravana, vroom, givemethevin, kbb, with max offer of ~43.5k, which is essentially the same as teslas trade in credit due to tax savings. What would you do?
Man, that just sucks. I recently sold my 2011 EVO X with 109k miles. Got an estimate from Carvana and kbb for about $13k. Ended up selling it privately and got $23k. Maybe you should try selling it privately?

Reactions: EnjoiM3

7 months waiting for a VIN? I must have missed reasons...that is abnormally long, no?