Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on what I see people posting here, I am in a small minority of people who didn’t order the Aero wheels. Am I missing something? I realize that range is decreased and am willing to accept that. I also have seen comments on “rough” ride with the 20” rims on the Performance model, but have not seen so much on the 19s. Bottom line I just thought the Sport wheels looked better so that was my little splurge. Thoughts?
😎You do you. 👍

I think a lot of people get the 18s for the range, then remove the plastic hubcaps for the appearance. There’s even accessories to clean up the capless wheels appearance, and range values with the covers off.

1/7 Ordered M3 LR, pearl, no options, original delivery window from end of February to third week of March
Mid February: Delivery window tightened to 2/21 - 3-7.
2/14/22 VIN assigned, text that vehicle was built, EDD 3/3, obtained insurance and paid in full
3/2 Text reminder of delivery, late afternoon text, delivery moved to 3/4
3/4 Delivery moved to 3/7
Weekend wait.

So it appears Tesla never took the existing inventory M3 I preordered off my account (long story short I decided to wait for mine instead of taking delivery). Ordered it in October and I guess it's just been sitting on my account, even after I spoke with Tesla and asked them to remove it.

If anyone knows how to transfer this to someone else and wants it, PM me.

Your Model 3 build details​

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot

Reactions: Theraven
So it appears Tesla never took the existing inventory M3 I preordered off my account (long story short I decided to wait for mine instead of taking delivery). Ordered it in October and I guess it's just been sitting on my account, even after I spoke with Tesla and asked them to remove it.

If anyone knows how to transfer this to someone else and wants it, PM me.
what are you taking about? Orders are not transferables. just buy it and resell it.

Another good experience directly contacting my Sales Associate. I received a VIN and EDD of March 10-16 on Monday.

I sent a text earlier today saying "Heya - Really looking forward to next week! Is there any update on when I may be able to schedule my delivery? Thanks a lot."

He called me shortly thereafter and told me that my vehicle hadn't left the factory. Even though I was seeing March 10-16, he saw March 11. He seemed happy to help me track it as it makes its way to Chicago.

TL;DR, talk with your SA. It's nice to have the personal touch, and a lot less maddening than hitting refresh over and over.

5 hours later, received the text to schedule delivery! Picked March 15 morning. The day before was also available, but only after dark. I'd prefer to see it in daylight.

Weird thing happened: it looks like they'll be delivering to my home? Every conversation I had before this, they indicated I would go to a store or service center. Who do I report to if there are issues with the fit and finish? Still my normal SA, while accepting delivery?

Small push back. I did call and he said it looked like mid March. Keeping fingers crossed it is sooner rather than later!

Model 3 Long Range
MSM / Black w/o FSD / aero
Delivery To Las Vegas
1/29: March
1/30: April (Was only like this for a short time. Once I finished finance area it switched. Maybe coincidence?)
2/2: March 2 - March 30
2/26: March 3 - March 17
3/4: March 8 - March 22

5 hours later, received the text to schedule delivery! Picked March 15 morning. The day before was also available, but only after dark. I'd prefer to see it in daylight.

Weird thing happened: it looks like they'll be delivering to my home? Every conversation I had before this, they indicated I would go to a store or service center. Who do I report to if there are issues with the fit and finish? Still my normal SA, while accepting delivery?
My understanding is you can report any issues you have within the app and schedule a service appointment within three day or 100miles. Depending on the situation they'll either send a mobile technician out to you or ask you to bring the car to a service center.

Reactions: Mgritts
I’ve been lurking on the forum since I ordered my car so now I wanted to share my experience. I originally placed my order on 2/3 for a SR+ white/white/19”. My EDD was jun 7-July 5 the last 2 weeks. Randomly decided that it’s better if I get the long range due to my commute and so I changed my specs early this morning- 2AM. Literally less than 12 hours later I got a text saying my VIN is assigned and scheduled for pick up tomorrow evening 🙄. I am located in the Bay Area- hoping everyone will get their EDD bumped up!

Reactions: photogwa
You're not the first to suggest my color choice is holding up delivery. I think tomorrow I'll switch back to my original color choice which is MSM. I saw a Model Y today on Morse in MSM and it looked sharp! It's not a dull or flat silver color like most manufacturers offer and I think it perfectly accentuates the black trim. I guess I have to call them to make a change as my edit button is gone. I'm going to test this theory and report back.
55 days since I decided to give Tesla 55k and no VIN...

It’ll come! I received my second 2wk EDD today and continue to watch as orders placed after mine (same configuration) are receiving vins and taking delivery :/ Yours will just be extra special :)

I’ve been lurking on the forum since I ordered my car so now I wanted to share my experience. I originally placed my order on 2/3 for a SR+ white/white/19”. My EDD was jun 7-July 5 the last 2 weeks. Randomly decided that it’s better if I get the long range due to my commute and so I changed my specs early this morning- 2AM. Literally less than 12 hours later I got a text saying my VIN is assigned and scheduled for pick up tomorrow evening 🙄. I am located in the Bay Area- hoping everyone will get their EDD bumped up!
I don’t even have an edit button. I couldn’t change anything if i wanted….unless I called the dude at Tesla lol

I don’t even have an edit button. I couldn’t change anything if i wanted….unless I called the dude at Tesla lol
Hahaha… I find that they’re so slow at texting. The fastest way to reach them from experience is through the online chat. They were able to unlock the account for me immediately and also switched my payment from cash to financing. Texting the number they text you when you first order takes forever for a reply.

Reactions: angeliavee
Well that's promising news! I also think it's very inspiring that you own 3 Teslas. 👍 You're just missing a Model X to complete the set.

I wanted to share the wheels I plan on getting. I really like the M3 all blacked out: Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3
Those wheels look nice. So many options to choose from for the 3 it makes it hard to finally decide.

I find the various experiences people have, facinating.

I own a model 3 (bought in 2018) and my wife decided she wanted to replace her BMW X3 with a model Y. I ordered a model Y performance on 01/13/2022 (this january).

I completed the profile as far as I could, same day I placed the order. Even though I was going to finance part of it, I put "cash" so I could complete the profile.

I got an EDD of March 8th - March 31. The EDD date did not move a single time from that prospective date. I read TMC every day, but did not check repeatedly for my vin, etc. Today (March 4th) I got a text message I had been assigned a vin. Perhaps it was there a couple days ago but I dont know.

I asked for "born on" date and "does this vin have the AMD chip". They responded in 5 minutes that the born on date was yesterday (march 3rd) and yes, it has the amd chip.

I responded to the text message, told them I was doing outside financing and how much that would be and how much I was putting down, and they changed my MVPA to reflect the changes (very quick responses for all these).

They said " lets get you scheduled for delivery" and my delivery is scheduled next wednesday March 9th.

TL ; DR -- Placed order 01/13, EDD never moved, scheduled for delivery smack dab in the middle of the EDD date first shown. Its a model Y Performance, not a LR model 3, but pretty different from what many have experienced.

Reactions: jonjon09 and Regaj