Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, good question. The short answer is, not at first.

With third party financing, the entire loan application process is done outside of Tesla. Given the erratic, unpredictable nature of the EDDs, the timing of starting the financing approval is tricky. I didn’t want to do it right out of the gate and risk the approval expiring, thus having to start over (with an addition hard credit pull).

However, once I became a bit more confident that I would get a car within a month or so, I applied with my credit union. When they approved the loan, they had the ability to upload that directly to my Tesla account…when they did, it “switched” my payment back to 3rd part financing, but this time, the profile showed complete.

Eventually, I got a vin.
I made the mistake of applying for financing out of fear of not having a complete enough profile and then I came across the videos and fine print about the 30-60- day expiry. My SA said my delivery will take place end of March so hopefully that means before that 60th day. Fingers crossed! I’m glad you received your vin. :)

Reactions: shephard357
Out of curiosity, when did most get another updated EDD after they initially ordered? I ordered on 2/26, had the May 2022 date. Competed profile same day, then the next day on 2/27 EDD updated to May 13-June 10 and has been that date since. Curious if I will see another EDD change soon? And how does it notify you? Via email? Text? Or just by looking at the app and seeing a change?

Out of curiosity, when did most get another updated EDD after they initially ordered? I ordered on 2/26, had the May 2022 date. Competed profile same day, then the next day on 2/27 EDD updated to May 13-June 10 and has been that date since. Curious if I will see another EDD change soon? And how does it notify you? Via email? Text? Or just by looking at the app and seeing a change?
By looking at the app

Reactions: EnjoiM3
I had my first and only update exactly a week after placing my order which was on 2/18. No updates for me since!

I’m the same as you. Ordered an MSM, black int, aero wheels, no SFD on 2/15 with April delivery. Next day upon completion EDD said 4/22-5/20 and I haven’t had anything change ever since. You come on here and it’s a rollercoaster. Maybe most is pretty simple but what is the fun of writing about that.

I do like the theory that first three weeks of April they are retooling the line since Ys will be up and running in Austin. Im hoping they’ll try to sneak mi in on the end of the quarter before that occurs.

Any others bored out of their mind with no changes until they got their Vin?

I had 3 kind of wild swings in the first 10 days after ordering on 2/13. Been stable for a week now at Apr 22-May 24. At time of order it was “April”.

MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD Pickup in Burbank
OOD 1/21 EDD 2/12-3/12
2/13: got an updated EDD to 2/25-3/25
2/26: 2 week window now 3/3-3/17
3/4: 3/7-3/18
3/5: Texted SA and said I can pick up in LA this week or SF the next week, as I live between the two and am going to SF the around the 15th. They texted back and said I had a 3 day delivery window where I had to pick up and it would most likely be this week
3/6: 3/9-3/13 and a VIN of 20*** Now time to start comparing insurance

So I never looked into mine for a couple months after I placed my order on November 5th. I am only aware of one EDD change from March 1-29th to just a few days ago to March 16-31st. Still no VIN.

Am I able to see all the EDD changes that were made somehow? Are they archived?

I ordered mine 2/11 with original EDD of April. I filled out all paperwork and was already approved for financing (mistake) with third party. The next day my EDD changed to May 19 - June 16. About a week later it changed again to May 3 - May 31. Yesterday, I decided to change my payment method to cash because my tasks weren't showing as complete. Now they are. My EDD hasn't changed, but I figured it couldn't hurt. I'm hoping the completed profile will help. I also feel that my EDD is kinda pushed back compared to others. But that might be because of the factory not pushing any cars the 1st 3 weeks of April. I would be happy with an EDD sometime in April, but I'll take whatever I can get.

I ended up in this thread because of a spreadsheet that was created to track delivery time frames. It’s not in “real time” per se, but assuming people report their info once their VIN is assigned accurately, I’d say it’s pretty close.

I agree, this spreadsheet is useful. I've been doing filters to see if any VINS have been assigned in the NE and DMV area (what I'm defining as MA, NY, NJ, PA, MD, DC, VA) since Feb 1, 2022--so far no VINS assigned in this area. Hoping (against hope?) that end of first quarter push will mean MAY EDD's will become end of March deliveries. Probably unlikely, but why not 🤞

I ordered 1/28 and Had an EDD of March 11-31. Updated 2/3 to 2/25-3/25 and I’ve had 2 more (2wk EDD) since then. I don’t receive notifications, I just open the app and refresh. It’s my understanding you’ll only receive a notification once your VIN is assigned

I agree, this spreadsheet is useful. I've been doing filters to see if any VINS have been assigned in the NE and DMV area (what I'm defining as MA, NY, NJ, PA, MD, DC, VA) since Feb 1, 2022--so far no VINS assigned in this area. Hoping (against hope?) that end of first quarter push will mean MAY EDD's will become end of March deliveries. Probably unlikely, but why not 🤞
I’m in California and there have been few deliveries out this way. Idk where they’re shipped from out your way, but am confused about why someone who ordered after me would take delivery before me? Anyone know how that works? I thought since I’m somewhat closer to a manufacturing facility it may be faster to fulfill our orders… idk like I said, confused