Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/14 OD
Orig EDD was 3/15-3/31
2/15 EDD is 4/15-5-14
3/2 EDD 3/13-31
3/7 EDD 4/24-5/22

2/15:Originally had a trade offer that expired on 2/14. And was holding off on Completing tesla finance until I was with 30days of EDD for a rate lock. Trade in offer expired then EDD updated 24 hrs later (I didn’t check the app day of exp)
After reading this thread I pulled the trade and switched to cash.

3/7: this latest push is weird, I guess someone just spun the Tesla roulette wheel again, haha oh well, the charger is getting wired/installed today

Config: M3 LR White/Black, aero Wheels, no FSD.

For those of you that have received a VIN and settled finance (Tesla received payment) & insurance. Did your delivery date eventually get moved up? I was speaking to the local service delivery center and they indicated fulfilling payment and insurance prevents the cars being shipped into the Midwest hub (Chicago) from being held up and going to Indianapolis and delaying delivery. They hinted that the EDD is a conservative date and assume the car may be delayed due to payment/insurance.

Specifically, as it relates to cars where Tesla is not licensed to sell -- e.g. Michigan.

I wrapped up the insurance payment a day after getting the VIN. Hoping I'm able to pick it up later this week.

Looking at the Order Tracker spreadsheet, there are 5 orders placed between Feb 6 and Feb 7 that all received VINs within 21 - 25 days. My order was placed on Feb 11 (on day 24 today), so I'm hoping I get a VIN assigned any day now. 🤞

Also, I think it would be extremely helpful if we could get as many people on this forum to fill in the google form (Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker) that populates that spreadsheet (which can be viewed here: Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1).

Might be an aberration on here. Placed order for Model 3 LR on November 16 - blue exterior, white interior, 18 wheels. Delivery time frame delayed multiple times from mid December all the way back to May at one point. Changed to mid to late March 3 days ago.

Reactions: EnjoiM3
Might be an aberration on here. Placed order for Model 3 LR on November 16 - blue exterior, white interior, 18 wheels. Delivery time frame delayed multiple times from mid December all the way back to May at one point. Changed to mid to late March 3 days ago.
Seems like a lot of people are getting the "end of quarter" pull in for delivery. Lets hope those dates hold up

M3LR Silver/Black/Aero/No FSD
In central Alabama, picking up @ Kennesaw, Georgia

OD: 01/07/2022
01/07 EDD: 02/23 - 03/23
02/13 EDD: 03/03 - 03/17
02/18 VIN 179XXX
02/18 EDD: 03/06-03/10
02/21 Scheduled delivery 3/11
03/07 - SMS Message:
"Hi WJTech, great news! We just received notification that your Model 3 is on site and could be ready prior to your original scheduled delivery date.. If you'd like to take delivery earlier than your current appointment at 03:00 PM on March 11, 2022, reply "YES" and a Tesla Advisor will reach out to reschedule your appointment."

I immediately replied "YES". We are getting close!

To whom it may concern, I reached out to my SA about seeing if they had any idea as to when I might be getting matched up with a VIN. Here's her response:

"It no longer matters if you have completed your profile or not. We are now able to go by the queue that you were placed in when you placed your order. We are doing our best to get everyone their VIN as soon as possible. It should say in your account the estimated time line as to when you should receive your vehicle but it is still an estimate. I don't have an exact date as to when you will be matched. Due to Covid and high queues the time line can move up and down but you can still be matched at any time."

Now to wait till Wednesday for my car! Really anxious to see it and if it is ready to drive home (no flaws).

M3LR/MSM/Aero/Black/Auto/Carlsbad p/u./Tesla finance
OD:1/23
ED#1
:3/12-3/31
(1/29)ED#2:2/23-3/23
2/15:Trade in Textl
(2/21)ED#3:2/24-3/10
(2/25)ED#4:2/27-3/23
(2/26)ED#5:3/1-3/15
(3/2)ED#6:3/4-3/18
(3/5)ED#6:3/7-3/16

(3/6)VIN/deliv. scheduled 3/9

M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD
OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19
EDD4 - 3/8 - 3/14 with VIN (192xxx - AMD Ryzen, new Li-on battery confirmed)
EDD5 - Scheduled delivery for 3/14 at Austin TX

Tesla insurance purchased. $82 balance paid. DCU loan processed and check is being overnighted to Tesla today.

Called Tesla to inform, SA asked me to email check tracking number and scan to [email protected], did that. Asked if delivery date can be moved in, SA mentioned car is in transit and should reach Austin around 3/11, if the service center can get it ready earlier they will contact me.

Reactions: Mrmikelives
For those of you that have received a VIN and settled finance (Tesla received payment) & insurance. Did your delivery date eventually get moved up? I was speaking to the local service delivery center and they indicated fulfilling payment and insurance prevents the cars being shipped into the Midwest hub (Chicago) from being held up and going to Indianapolis and delaying delivery. They hinted that the EDD is a conservative date and assume the car may be delayed due to payment/insurance.

Specifically, as it relates to cars where Tesla is not licensed to sell -- e.g. Michigan.

I wrapped up the insurance payment a day after getting the VIN. Hoping I'm able to pick it up later this week.
I’m picking up in clarkston soon. I have my VIN and payment/insurance all set. I talked to an SA last week that said my delivery date will be at least a week later (it showed 3/5-3/9 at the time) due to the car being shipped to Chicago. But she said they usually send the vehicles to Cleveland after that and if you have payment approval and submitted, it will not go to Cleveland and go right to clarkston. So if you’re on the ball with everything after vin you may save a couple days by submitting.

M3LR Silver/Black/Aero/No FSD
In central Alabama, picking up @ Kennesaw, Georgia

OD: 01/07/2022
01/07 EDD: 02/23 - 03/23
02/13 EDD: 03/03 - 03/17
02/18 VIN 179XXX
02/18 EDD: 03/06-03/10
02/21 Scheduled delivery 3/11
03/07 - SMS Message:
"Hi WJTech, great news! We just received notification that your Model 3 is on site and could be ready prior to your original scheduled delivery date.. If you'd like to take delivery earlier than your current appointment at 03:00 PM on March 11, 2022, reply "YES" and a Tesla Advisor will reach out to reschedule your appointment."

I immediately replied "YES". We are getting close!
SA replied, new pickup 3/9!

Two more sleeps to Tesla! I feel like a kid before Christmas.

1/14 OD
Orig EDD was 3/15-3/31
2/15 EDD is 4/15-5-14
3/2 EDD 3/13-31
3/7 EDD 4/24-5/22

2/15:Originally had a trade offer that expired on 2/14. And was holding off on Completing tesla finance until I was with 30days of EDD for a rate lock. Trade in offer expired then EDD updated 24 hrs later (I didn’t check the app day of exp)
After reading this thread I pulled the trade and switched to cash.

3/7: this latest push is weird, I guess someone just spun the Tesla roulette wheel again, haha oh well, the charger is getting wired/installed today

Config: M3 LR White/Black, aero Wheels, no FSD.
Could mean absolutely nothing, but It seems the MSMs are getting pushed out a lot sooner that the White exterior M3s. I have the same configs as you do- I ordered 1/29 and your most recent EDD is around the same window as mine. Frustrating to see such a jump, but honestly gives me an opportunity for some more upfront cash on the down payment. Best of Luck!

Reactions: Theraven
Guess what!!!
Just received my VIN ##2006## :)
I didn’t receive a text or email. I simply checked the app —as I usually do— and the option to buy the insurance from Tesla was active. I got a quote for $100/mo which is $10 more than my Mini JCW so I will take it.
My est delivery date change to March 10-13 :)
Is this a dream?! …
I just scheduled my delivery for this Wednesday.
Wanted to clarify that is entirely possible to do everything on the app. I was never contacted by a SA (not for the VIN, not for delivery). The app gave me the option to schedule the delivery so I did and that was it!!!
Picking up in Sunnyvale!!!

Reactions: Misslove_143
Here we go. Now hoping DCU does the loan thingamajig in time.

IMG_3406.jpg