Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD was early Feb (2/5), I received my Vin last week (3/7). Delivery scheduled for 3/19. Things can move fast.
Congrats! I ordered 2/7 and my EDD has been all over the place. A few days ago it changed to 3/24-3/31 but still no vin. What's your config if you don't mind me asking as we're right next door to each other.

Edit: EDD just changed to 4/11-5/9...🤬 I'm not super mad though as I've heard their end of quarter deliveries are a nightmare.

Last edited:
It's strange that some folks who ordered in October, November and December of last year still haven't received a vin but some tho ordered in January and February have and some have even took delivery. Some being clear across the country while others closer to Fremont are left waiting. Most configs are the same or very similar. I wonder what gives...what's the logistics behind this? 🤔

Crazy. I just put my order less than 10 days back:

$3.5k: $50990 -> $54490
Yea it's starting to get a little ridiculous. For a base rwd you're at $50k with any modifications to color etc...or over $60k with FSD. Over &70k for the performance. The model 3 is supposed to be their "affordable for the masses" vehicle. And please no one say they're doing it to control orders because they're overwhelmed. If they were smart they would just stop taking orders and catch up. Then once caught up just keep building them and get ahead then open ordering back up. There's plenty of places they can store them. Like at the huge Fremont factory, the over 2 million square foot giga texas or here's an idea, fully stock your service centers as well.

The one near me is huge and has room for a couple hundred cars easily. Just saying. There has to be a better way. This isn't White Castle where your food is made to order and even there I find myself waiting longer than if I had gone to McDonald's where the food is hot and ready to go. McDonald's is always packed and White Castle is usually a dead and it tastes better than McDonald's, at least to me. For all the cars they've sold I can't help but wonder how many they could have really sold if they didn't have insane wait times and prices that are, let's be honest with ourselves, too high for the average consumer... especially now. Let's be real here for a sec, you can get a similar performing car for a lot less and most likely better paint and build quality. A Civic type-r can be had for around $38k with a 0-60 of 5.2 seconds...that's faster than the base rwd model 3 and around the same size. The charger RT is around $40k as well. But because it's Elon and he has everyone hypnotized then it's acceptable...and don't get me wrong I love Tesla but they just need to get their ish together.

Yea it's starting to get a little ridiculous. For a base rwd you're at $50k with any modifications to color etc...or over $60k with FSD. Over &70k for the performance. The model 3 is supposed to be their "affordable for the masses" vehicle. And please no one say they're doing it to control orders because they're overwhelmed. If they were smart they would just stop taking orders and catch up. Then once caught up just keep building them and get ahead then open ordering back up. There's plenty of places they can store them. Like at the huge Fremont factory, the over 2 million square foot giga texas or here's an idea, fully stock your service centers as well.

The one near me is huge and has room for a couple hundred cars easily. Just saying. There has to be a better way. This isn't White Castle where your food is made to order and even there I find myself waiting longer than if I had gone to McDonald's where the food is hot and ready to go. McDonald's is always packed and White Castle is usually a dead and it tastes better than McDonald's, at least to me. For all the cars they've sold I can't help but wonder how many they could have really sold if they didn't have insane wait times and prices that are, let's be honest with ourselves, too high for the average consumer... especially now. Let's be real here for a sec, you can get a similar performing car for a lot less and most likely better paint and build quality. A Civic type-r can be had for around $38k with a 0-60 of 5.2 seconds...that's faster than the base rwd model 3 and around the same size. The charger RT is around $40k as well. But because it's Elon and he has everyone hypnotized then it's acceptable...and don't get me wrong I love Tesla but they just need to get their ish together.

The prices are getting pretty nutty at Tesla, but please show me where I can get a Civic Type R for $38k. It is not even being sold in the US this year, and low mile used 2021s are going for nearly $50k. There is a new model coming out for 2023 but who knows what pricing Honda will set, and how much the dealers are going to mark it up.

The prices are getting pretty nutty at Tesla, but please show me where I can get a Civic Type R for $38k. It is not even being sold in the US this year, and low mile used 2021s are going for nearly $50k. There is a new model coming out for 2023 but who knows what pricing Honda will set, and how much the dealers are going to mark it up.
Slight markup...2019...but have you seen what 2019 model 3's are going for with 50-60k miles? See the thing with markups are they are usually set by greedy dealers and not all of em do it. When I bought my 22 Santa Fe a lot of dealers wanted $5k over MSRP but with due diligence, I found one at MSRP just like I'm positive I can find a type r at MSRP, took me 5 seconds to find that one. With Tesla there is no ability to search, their price is what it is lol.

Attachments

• 108D3C40-2435-4180-A399-58FAB7D5979E.jpeg
    108D3C40-2435-4180-A399-58FAB7D5979E.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 77
I just noticed there is a demo Model 3 LR available locally and it’s an extremely tempting to jump on it. The major problem is it has 2,400 miles on it and after the remove the FSD that I wouldn’t want, the price would still be $1,000 more than what I’m locked in at on my order. Should I pay the extra grand and take the 2,400 miles hit just to be in a Tesla a month or two early??