Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same config except I've got the aero wheels. My EDD is may-june. I'm in FL too-lets see...
Also FL. OD is 2/15 and EDD hasn’t moved and sitting at 5/13 - 6/10. My guess is if they’re trying to ship as many as possible then the ones that don’t have to be shipped across the country will go first. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get bumped up a couple weeks eventually but I think early May is probably best case scenario.

Reactions: Teleezen
Nobody that is smart in business is simply going to stop taking orders when they are selling something that they can't keep up with. You increase pricing. It's the same thing Disney has been doing with their parks in an attempt to control attendance. They aren't closing the parks, they raise the admission prices. Plus, if Tesla decided to stop production, then the secondary market would explode with overpriced used cars because now supply won't meet demand.

I honestly don't think Tesla's are overpriced. Yes, this is the most I've ever spent on a vehicle. I'll be completely transparent: My build, after taxes, delivery and paperwork was $72k ($66k before taxes, registration, etc). A decent, fully-loaded sedan would probably be around $50k. Consider that you'll never be putting gasoline into this vehicle as well as almost zero maintenance costs. I consider it a deal! Oh, and even though they've been around for a bit, you're still an "early adopter" of full EV, as well as purchasing the best-selling vehicle in the world.
I don't think there would be a shortage at all because they would be meeting the demand of their current orders just not taking new ones so there will still be plenty of Tesla's being delivered. They probably have a backlog of over 3 or 4 million and need to focus on those orders. The time you have to wait for a new car is crazy and what's even crazier is how some who order after you get theirs first. They can't even keep up with current demand let alone the flood of new orders they are getting not to mention the cybertruck and roadster orders.

They're in over their heads, period. I also disagree with what you said about them stopping orders. Ford has closed orders on the mach e premium and California edition because they had way too many orders and realized they couldn't fulfill them in a timely fashion and rumor has it VW will stop taking orders on the ID.4 as well. Disney can't shut down because they wouldn't make money, Tesla on the other hand will still be making money from the millions of cars they still have to make.

I don't think there would be a shortage at all because they would be meeting the demand of their current orders just not taking new ones so there will still be plenty of Tesla's being delivered. They probably have a backlog of over 3 or 4 million and need to focus on those orders. The time you have to wait for a new car is crazy and what's even crazier is how some who order after you get theirs first. They can't even keep up with current demand let alone the flood of new orders they are getting not to mention the cybertruck and roadster orders.

They're in over their heads, period. I also disagree with what you said about them stopping orders. Ford has closed orders on the mach e premium and California edition because they had way too many orders and realized they couldn't fulfill them in a timely fashion and rumor has it VW will stop taking orders on the ID.4 as well. Disney can't shut down because they wouldn't make money, Tesla on the other hand will still be making money from the millions of cars they still have to make.
Ford and VW can clown around with ordering of what is, essentially, a side business to them. They have 30 models of ICE vehicles in production. By the time Ford and VW restart orders, they'll probably have a completely different BEV for sale. They're probably spending the "downtime" to redesign those offerings. Their business environment is dramatically different from Tesla's.

Remember that anyone who gets in line for a car today is locking a price in. I wouldn't expect prices to ever go down in this inflationary environment, so allowing orders today is a win for everyone. Tesla gets to know what its order stream looks like for the next 6 months and customers know that they'll eventually get the car they're after.

The wait may bother people, but there's nothing else to do. Tesla could shut off orders, but that wouldn't change the wait times for anyone who is already in line, and anyone who wants to get in line would be denied, while anyone who is considering buying farther down the line has no idea what will happen when Tesla opens the order stream again. I can only imagine the rush to get in line, plus the likely overload of the Tesla web site. It's just not a good idea.

All that said, Tesla could clearly improve their ordering and delivery process. For me, it has been the not knowing that is the worst of it. I think I'd have been far less stressed if I had simply not come to this forum because this is where the ugly stories are presented. My order has been going very smoothly - in hindsight. I didn't know what I was doing and Tesla doesn't really help me to understand the process, which is my biggest hit against them (and the reason I came here). Ultimately, they promised a March delivery for my early February order and it looks like they're going to do just that. Plus, my SA answered any questions that I had.
They just increased prices today again... LOL my question is. In the event my pre approval expires because it has not been delivered.. Will that mean when I apply again, I would have to pay the new prices???
Your purchase price is locked in when you order and stays that price forever - assuming you don't change the features of the car such as color, wheels, interior, etc. Your trade-in valuation only lasts 30 days or so and if that expires then you'll have to get a new valuation.

Reactions: JRP3
They just increased prices today again... LOL my question is. In the event my pre approval expires because it has not been delivered.. Will that mean when I apply again, I would have to pay the new prices???
Just to clarify, the prices increased last night across all models. Regarding your order, as long as you don't cancel or modify your order, you are locked into the price that was given to you when you originally ordered.

OD: 2/10
EDD: 4/19=5/17
Config: White/White/18"/No FSD

No EDD updates since OD.

Anyone in the Bay Area looking for an immediate delivery - there are 12 "new" existing inventory units available. Unfortunately they are coming with the most recent price increase.
A bunch of demos were listed in the NY area this morning as well. I think they were holding all of these until the price increase before listing :)

Also FL. OD is 2/15 and EDD hasn’t moved and sitting at 5/13 - 6/10. My guess is if they’re trying to ship as many as possible then the ones that don’t have to be shipped across the country will go first. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get bumped up a couple weeks eventually but I think early May is probably best case scenario.
I ordered a red Model 3 AWD LR with Black Interior and Aero wheels. I’m in Central Florida. My OD was 2/27 and my EDD is May 3 - June 6. Looks like a lot of Florida orders are sitting in the queue.

I just noticed there is a demo Model 3 LR available locally and it’s an extremely tempting to jump on it. The major problem is it has 2,400 miles on it and after the remove the FSD that I wouldn’t want, the price would still be $1,000 more than what I’m locked in at on my order. Should I pay the extra grand and take the 2,400 miles hit just to be in a Tesla a month or two early??
In this scenario, I would wait out 1-2 months at get the new one with exact configuration you like. 2400 miles could mean ~100 drivers for a demo

It seems that 05/03 - 05/31 (or around that period) is becoming somewhat of a standard EDD for those who ordered mid to late Feb. I think this means we're not planed for Q1, which as much as it sucks having to wait longer, hopefully this means they'll be a bit better quality. 🤞

I must admit, I find being a part of this forum is actually quite helpful. Just knowing others are also waiting - misery loves company! :)
Agree…miserable here, but that’s nice way of thinking about it. Glad there are others in the exact same boat.

Do you think quality plummets at end of quarters due to the rush? My EDD changed from 3/25-3/31 to 5/3-5/31 yesterday. Today’s my birthday, and I really did believe that I would get a VIN today until the bad news came yesterday. Oh well, I’ll try to convince myself that the silver lining is better quality.

OD: 2/10
EDD: 4/19=5/17
Config: White/White/18"/No FSD

No EDD updates since OD.

Anyone in the Bay Area looking for an immediate delivery - there are 12 "new" existing inventory units available. Unfortunately they are coming with the most recent price increase.
Agree…miserable here, but that’s nice way of thinking about it. Glad there are others in the exact same boat.

Do you think quality plummets at end of quarters due to the rush? My EDD changed from 3/25-3/31 to 5/3-5/31 yesterday. Today’s my birthday, and I really did believe that I would get a VIN today until the bad news came yesterday. Oh well, I’ll try to convince myself that the silver lining is better quality.
Happy Birthday!! Your present is on they way :)

Reactions: TeslianInNC