Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with Tesla. Hey said that according to his "factory view/list", it looks like they're expecting my car to be off the production line first couple of days of May then delivered to Cincy by mid-May. He said unless someone that has ordered the exact same configuration as mine cancels, there's no other way for me to move up the queue (especially since I'm not willing to change my config). At least now I won't be expecting a VIN anytime soon. :)
I think he gave you a generic / default answer.. if that's the case why do some people dates change later and later given that logic .. basically he's only telling you information you can already see for yourself...

Just ask them if you can get a faster delivery by changing your vehicle destination. It may not actually make any difference, but if it does, I'm sure there are places in your state that are seeing more deliveries than Buffalo. There's that whole New York City thing down east of you. It's only a 6 hour drive. Each way.
They don’t deliver anywhere in NY except NYC. I’m already going there.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
I just texted them about moving up delivery. Here’s the response:

Attachments

• 92F95AD6-3B1B-44DA-BBB7-579F28A9C05A.jpeg
    92F95AD6-3B1B-44DA-BBB7-579F28A9C05A.jpeg
    801 KB · Views: 132
Did you call the normal support line and just say you want a car sooner?
I called the 888 number from a page or two ago on this thread. I chose the vehicle option, then option 2 for delivery (I think). Sat on hold for a bit then someone answered. Just told him I was looking for an update on my order status. He mentioned my current EDD and I just said that I was willing to travel anywhere in CA for one. He found me one but it was the wrong interior color.

I called the 888 number from a page or two ago on this thread. I chose the vehicle option, then option 2 for delivery (I think). Sat on hold for a bit then someone answered. Just told him I was looking for an update on my order status. He mentioned my current EDD and I just said that I was willing to travel anywhere in CA for one. He found me one but it was the wrong interior color.
Did he say he’s get you the vin for the car? Or did he say he’d look into the car for you? I had a similar conversation with a Tesla person I talked to but, they didn’t say if I’d get the car or not

I ordered on 2/7 and had a March EDD. On 2/14 it changed to May 1-29, no change since. No FSD so it will probably remain

Throwing my hat into the mix..

Order Date 03/08
Model 3 LR AWD
Deep Blue Metallic
White Interior
18" Aero wheels
No FSD
New Jersey

EDD at order - "May 2022"
1st EDD Range - May 22 - June 19
Same OD as you. M3LR, Red, 19", white interior, no fsd, so cal.

I probably order a bit later in the day then you since I'm pacific standard and your eastern standard and my edd is May 23rd to June 20th

Did he say he’s get you the vin for the car? Or did he say he’d look into the car for you? I had a similar conversation with a Tesla person I talked to but, they didn’t say if I’d get the car or not
He pretty much said they can see the same as we can for finding unmatched cars (for the most part). They can just see an entire state though versus if we go to Tesla’s website and look at existing inventory we have to search up to 200 miles. The one he found had like 250-350 miles on it and was used as a short time test drive unit. They were knocking off $100 (lol…. i guess $100 is $100), but i’d prefer a brand new one with black interior.

That's pretty brutal given that we ordered the same day. The different treatment probably stems from the number of cars being purchased in our respective areas (there are a LOT of Teslas around here). Here's hoping that you'll see yours at the end of April if not sooner. Waiting while also not having the assurance of a specific date is the worst.
Agreed. I have FSD and haven’t seen any advantage.