Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called Tesla and asked if they could match a VIN to the model I ordered. He checked and said the only thing there was is a Performance model. I jokingly said "I'll take that one at the same price as my LR order." Basically no LR model currently available. I guess I'll just have to wait. :(
I tried the same thing a few hours ago. No luck. I even tried neighboring states to CA, but literally none in the country match my blue/black LR config. Guess i’ll call again next week 🤣

Little tip I probably shouldn’t share to the masses but I’ll post it for a few hours…

Tesla always sells their demo and showroom vehicles at the end of every quarter.

Might not be your exact spec but they are required to sell them at end of every quarter.

Do with that what you will tomorrow morning.

They had a nice M3P in the service center or whatever you call it. Would be nice if available in the older price point.

Little tip I probably shouldn’t share to the masses but I’ll post it for a few hours…

Tesla always sells their demo and showroom vehicles at the end of every quarter.

Might not be your exact spec but they are required to sell them at end of every quarter.

Do with that what you will tomorrow morning.
A lot of them have already been listed for a week or so now. I bought one that’s been sitting in a mall and it’s being delivered tomorrow.

Reactions: Junior86 and Atg511
Fellow waiters, I wait no more. I picked up one fine new car yesterday after 99 days from OD to delivery. The experience at the Littleton service center was a bit messy. One of the reps was friendly and helpful and let me look over every inch of the car before paying. I must have missed something because there were no problems with the car, just with the paper work provided by my credit union. I want to alert everyone waiting for your new M3, take much of what you read about problems with fit & finish with a bit of salt. These problems are probably in the minority, but it's good to bring your check list. Surprisingly every customer at the service center had one.

Instead of providing a review, I want to share the best and worst experience with the car so far. The best: the re-charge function with the accelerator is as smooth as butter. On previous test drives it was 'choppy'. The worst? The regular cruise control was just chock full of phantom braking. I'm waiting for the Autopilot to calibrate before using it and I'm hoping the CC will adjust as well. Bad cruise control, not even bad Autopilot, could be a deal killer.

There are no words to comfort those of you still waiting, other than to be strong. Time will pass, and know that this group is one of the largest and most valuable forms of therapy available.

You should've gotten a text after placing your order. If you reply to the text with questions you may have, your SA will reply.
The only text I received immediately after order was “Tesla - While we are waiting for your vehicle, we invite you to take full advantage of our Tesla solar products! If you own your own home, please reply ENERGY to go over the benefits, process, and possible incentives in your area. Thank you.”

Everyone else get that one too?

Fellow waiters, I wait no more. I picked up one fine new car yesterday after 99 days from OD to delivery. The experience at the Littleton service center was a bit messy. One of the reps was friendly and helpful and let me look over every inch of the car before paying. I must have missed something because there were no problems with the car, just with the paper work provided by my credit union. I want to alert everyone waiting for your new M3, take much of what you read about problems with fit & finish with a bit of salt. These problems are probably in the minority, but it's good to bring your check list. Surprisingly every customer at the service center had one.

Instead of providing a review, I want to share the best and worst experience with the car so far. The best: the re-charge function with the accelerator is as smooth as butter. On previous test drives it was 'choppy'. The worst? The regular cruise control was just chock full of phantom braking. I'm waiting for the Autopilot to calibrate before using it and I'm hoping the CC will adjust as well. Bad cruise control, not even bad Autopilot, could be a deal killer.

There are no words to comfort those of you still waiting, other than to be strong. Time will pass, and know that this group is one of the largest and most valuable forms of therapy available.
Thanks for the timely update, Bill. I’ve read numerous reports of the phantom braking and I’ll probably steer clear (pun intended) of cruise control for the time being. I usually don’t use it much anyway, but I’m not a fan of that kind of surprise at 65+ on the highway. 😱

Reactions: mystryman007
Wow did you call anyone to try to get earlier or take a different color/wheel/interior to get it so early? I ordered only 1 week after you and I’m at 4/28-6/3 EDD
I didn’t, I’m getting the same config I originally ordered. Up until now, my EDD was stuck at 5/5-6/2. The rep on the phone said the VIN that was “available” was the one that was originally going to be mine anyway, and that I called as soon as they had updated my order. Not sure how much I believe that with the quarter ending soon, but hey it worked out!

Reactions: Ajlepore
The only text I received immediately after order was “Tesla - While we are waiting for your vehicle, we invite you to take full advantage of our Tesla solar products! If you own your own home, please reply ENERGY to go over the benefits, process, and possible incentives in your area. Thank you.”

Everyone else get that one too?

I didn't get that.
Text I got said "Hi [Sypher], welcome to the Tesla family! Go to ts.la/account to get started on your pre-delivery tasks for [order number]. Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible."

Morning. Supposed to sell my current car to dealership this afternoon.

My tesla account still shows credit application pending -- since Thursday?-- (had spoken to the bank last week -- forgot I had a credit lock in place at time of application because personal ID theft 2 months ago).

I know credit/application is good otherwise. But still tesla has it pending...

Don't want to sell my car unless I know all my ducks are in place for the tesla...