Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sucks you are without a car, I get that. But so many people upset they don’t get constant updates from the SA boggle me. Any other car manufacturer is 6-9 months from order date. My buddy has a GMC Yukon ordered since December. The only updates they have gotten from their dealer is what features are being dropped because of chip shortages. The fact is the average delivery time is less than 60 days right now. They aren’t dropping features. And you’re not having to deal with a dealer up selling you left and right. Check your app every waking hour like the rest of us and hope you get lucky and best the average wait time.

It sucks you are without a car, I get that. But so many people upset they don’t get constant updates from the SA boggle me. Any other car manufacturer is 6-9 months from order date. My buddy has a GMC Yukon ordered since December. The only updates they have gotten from their dealer is what features are being dropped because of chip shortages. The fact is the average delivery time is less than 60 days right now. They aren’t dropping features. And you’re not having to deal with a dealer up selling you left and right. Check your app every waking hour like the rest of us and hope you get lucky and best the average wait time.
I understand the frustration that we see from many but you do make some very valid points.

Hey All!

It’s officially my graduation day. Out of the blue this morning they called me and asked if I was able to take delivery today.

The car is absolutely a dream, little to no real issues. Anything I’ve got written in my notes are so minimal I’m debating even saying anything.

It drives spectacularly, 0 phantom breaking issues so far.

The car is everything I knew it would be and more.

The service department in scottsdale are spectacular they called me at all hours to make sure I was kept up to date on everything.

I ordered a bunch of accessories that are great so far.

I hope all the AZ fam get their cars soon!
D067C844-EB09-4D6B-A7DC-D86CD615DEA3.jpeg
A7D3CDA7-6D09-4665-B12A-4FEDC02B0F5A.jpeg

This is so true. My wife ordered a 2022 Lincoln Corsair GT in November of ’21 and just received her first communication from Lincoln telling her the production date has been extended with no EDD. I’m complaining I might have to wait until May to get my Tesla. Not getting any sympathy from her at all! 😜

Hey All!

It’s officially my graduation day. Out of the blue this morning they called me and asked if I was able to take delivery today.

The car is absolutely a dream, little to no real issues. Anything I’ve got written in my notes are so minimal I’m debating even saying anything.

The service department in scottsdale are spectacular they called me at all hours to make sure I was kept up to date on everything.

I hope all the AZ fam get their cars soon!View attachment 784657View attachment 784658
Yay! Congrats!

Yeah it does! I literally check the app like 10x an hr all day long. I've called Tesla customer service like 3x past few days see if I can get a different answer but none. One guy scared me n said it may be your EDD time or longer. I was like F that...BYE! LOL. If I had a car it'd be super easier. Uber/Lyft is super expensive + gas prices..! *Sighs*

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Graduated today, to be honest, it was a very quick and straightforward process from start to finish, didn't have any major delays or setbacks besides one on delivery day.
Config: White Exterior / White Interior / 19" Sport Wheels / No FSD
OD: 2/2
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2: March 14 - March 31
EDD3: April 20 - May 18
EDD4: March 24 - March 31
EDD5: April 8 - May 10
EDD6: March 19 - March 25 (Cutting it close I was going to be out of town from March 24 - March 29
Delivery scheduled for March 22. No major issues I can see and there was only a minor frunk panel gap that the service center said was within spec. Overall super happy and excited to drive this thing.
IMG_4602.jpg

Update on M3LR, multi coat red, white interior, 19" wheels
OD 3/8
EDD original 5/22 to 6/20
Messaged SA on 3/21 looking for earlier delivery.
SA offered exterior and interior color match but upgrade to performance model at price as of my 3/8 OD (pre latest price hikes)
3/21 received vin
3/22 confirm delivery date of 3/26

Wish everyone a speedy delivery.

If you ordered prior to the $2k increase, I am 99% sure that you will not incur the increase for changing your current order color.

I ordered prior to the $2k increase as well. In the timespan between then and just a week ago, I've changed from M3 RWD black interior, to white interior, back to black interior, and then to LR. Some of these changes occurred AFTER the $2k increase was announced, but my price for the full "menu" of model 3 options when I want to change something is still showing prices as of when I initially ordered it.

Explanation to me by SA is that if there are additional features announced in conjunction with price increase, then changing options for your current order will trigger the price increase. If it is pure price increase by Tesla without any added feature, then you get to retain the menu prices as of your original order date. Since this $2k increase seems to be purely market price adjustments without any features added, I got to keep my prices as of end of Feb when I initially ordered.

There is also a way to verify whether you would incur price changes prior to confirming your change. If you haven't completed the financing details in your tasks, there is a link on the right hand side of your order page to "edit order". Clicking that will allow you re-order your Model 3 with the options that you want. There you will be shown the prices that apply to you. You will see what you will be charged. If you like what you see, at the bottom of the page there will a button to confirm your changes, if not, there is another button to discard your changes. This way you can be sure what you will be charged when you change your order.

If you already completed the financing task, just text the online SA to "re-open" the financing options, and you will see the edit order button.

Hope this helps
Thank you, great explanation on previewing any price changes if we change configuration!

Even once you get a VIN… and even once you get a delivery appointment set… be prepared for further delays. But what’s another day at this point! This came via text.
“Hi - Your Model 3 is making its way to Cincinnati but due to transit delays is taking a bit longer than expected to arrive on-site. We've tentatively updated your pick-up date to 3/29/22…”

Even once you get a VIN… and even once you get a delivery appointment set… be prepared for further delays. But what’s another day at this point! This came via text.
“Hi - Your Model 3 is making its way to Cincinnati but due to transit delays is taking a bit longer than expected to arrive on-site. We've tentatively updated your pick-up date to 3/29/22…”
Wow you are so lucky...!

I mean, it's nice that they gave you an update, but shouldn't they check with the customer to see if the new pick-up date works for them???

Just signed up!
I got a M3LR White/White/aero/no FSD OD 2/18.
At first my delivery date was May-June and then 2nd week it changed to Apr 25 - May 23 and hasn't changed since.
My SA really sucks. He is rarely responsive! I wish I could change my SA to someone else. you'd think spending this much money you'd have Apple like customer service but they really don't care. I totaled my BMW last month so I'm stuck with a car! I also just applied for a loan before the rates went up so I got a really good rate of 1.24%! Really hate to lose that if I don't get it delivered soon! My SA says the next 2 weeks they are delivering 200 cars a day.. Model 3/Y but not sure if I believe him. I just hope it changes soon. I keep texting him but no response..!

Woah. Where did you get that 1.24% rate?

Reactions: Theraven
I mean, it's nice that they gave you an update, but shouldn't they check with the customer to see if the new pick-up date works for them???
There was a local number to call if it didn’t work, but they literally just moved my 230 appt from Monday to Tuesday. It happens to still work for me. The original invite included 5-6 times on Monday and the same for Tuesday. Two days seems like such a tight window. If I wasn’t retired and just sitting around waiting for my Model 3 I might have complained!

Reactions: T-J-
Hey All!

I hope all the AZ fam get their cars soon!View attachment 784657View attachment 784658
That looks fantastic. I am really hoping it’s a sunny day when I get mine. I have the same build, looks so crisp and nice in the sun. Still about 45-60 days out for me.

Reactions: Atg511