Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently ordered a Model 3 LR on 3/13. (White Ext, White Int, Aero, No FSD). San Diego.

EDD 1 (3/14) : June 15 - July 12
EDD 2 (3/21) : May 1 - June 14

I had a Model 3 RWD and decided to sell the vehicle after 2 months of ownership. I'm going to apply the same method of patience with this order as the last one.

On the Model 3 RWD (white ext, white int, aero, no fsd), I ordered it on 10/5 with an EDD of April 2022. EDD changed 3x for me ranging from March 2022-June 2022. On Dec 30th, 2021, I got a VIN and later that day I got a call from Tesla to pick up the vehicle. So I was able to get the VIN, Insure the vehicle, and pick up all in the same day. Location seems to be a big factor in how you get your vehicle. I live in San Diego, CA.

I ordered later, on 3/18 for a M3LR in Silver and Aero Wheels. I have an EDD of June 7-July 19. How come none are coming to the SE, and for how long? I am near Raleigh, and was just curious. I tried looking back through the forum, but couldn't find the info.
Agreed. I ordered on 2/27 M3LR no FSD white ext / white interior. ODD of May 10-june 7. In Atlanta. I have no vin or update since my order date.

Since I’m going with a model S instead of keeping my model 3 order, I have a set of OEM all weather mats and the center console inserts for model 3 new in box if anyone wants to save a few bucks. I’ll sell them both for 200, no tax, free shipping. I assume there’s some way to DM on here if anyone is interested.
Trying to figure how to start a dm on here actually lol. Might not be able to since I'm still considered a new user.

Been reading here for a while, finally decided to sign up and share my dates.
We've been going back and forth a bit with color choices as you can see:

M3 LR, MSN, 18" Aero, No FSD
Ordered in Salt Lake City, UT
01/12 ordered

1/27 changed color to Blue
2/17 changed color back to back to MSN
3/8 Someone reached out via text to ask for trade in. Sent VIN and my delivery window shrank to 2 weeks
Decided to not trade in (never heard back after providing my VIN and wasn't really interested in trading in anyway)
I believe the window was towards the end of March at that point.
3/11 Switched to blue again
Ever since that final switch to blue the delivery window is now April 17 - May 20

Guessing the trade in probably moved things forward but then it got too close to the end of the quarter.

I am a very happy 2019 M3 owner who is ready to upgrade to a 2022. I was hoping to just order the new vehicle online and have it delivered to my house like I did before. The website is telling me I have to go pick it up 3 states away. Brutal.
Does this mean I have to contact a sales rep at a location to go through the hassle?

Recently ordered a Model 3 LR on 3/13. (White Ext, White Int, Aero, No FSD). San Diego.

EDD 1 (3/14) : June 15 - July 12
EDD 2 (3/21) : May 1 - June 14

I had a Model 3 RWD and decided to sell the vehicle after 2 months of ownership. I'm going to apply the same method of patience with this order as the last one.

On the Model 3 RWD (white ext, white int, aero, no fsd), I ordered it on 10/5 with an EDD of April 2022. EDD changed 3x for me ranging from March 2022-June 2022. On Dec 30th, 2021, I got a VIN and later that day I got a call from Tesla to pick up the vehicle. So I was able to get the VIN, Insure the vehicle, and pick up all in the same day. Location seems to be a big factor in how you get your vehicle. I live in San Diego, CA.
So, you're going to get two before some people get one and they ordered before your first one? If I were you I would quietly slip away from the forum. 🤣

Finally got my M3 and am getting settled in. I wanted to write a brief (as possible anyway) post about the overall experience and initial impressions.

First, the delivery process…not a fan at all. Way to many cars parked way to close together, IMO. At our initial delivery appt, the car was scuffed on a bumper. Long story short, we didn’t drive home with the car. I didn’t “refuse” it…they left it on my account and replaced the bumper. We went back several days later and finalized delivery. I will say that while the process was not great, the people (one in particular) were fantastic. The one rep really went out of her way to make my issues go away…and they paid for my ride back over to the service center to pick up the car on the second attempt…kudos to them.

After picking up the car, I basically drove it straight to my Detailer to put on a graphene/ceramic coating. I went with Angelwax Nebula. While time will tell regarding the longevity of the application, my initial impression is WOW!! Anything and everything comes right off…all surfaces where it was applied are slick and smooth…..and the shine…Its unreal! (see pic)

Lastly, the car itself…Its like the car you’ve always longed to drive, but didn’t know it. Years ago, I had a BMW 330. I LOVED driving that car. I hated getting rid of it (but the maintenance was killing me). This car drives and handles very similar to that, but with WAYYYYYYY more power. That said, watch out for the autopilot/cruise control. Thus far, almost every time i have engaged it, I’ve had an issue with it abruptly slowing for no reason at all.…to the point where i don’t want to turn it on when other cars are behind me for fear they may run into me. Its a problem and it needs to be resolved.

So, in summation…just try and tolerate the order/wait/delivery process. Look over the car REALLY well…I’d even suggest bringing a detail light with you. Make sure the car is up to your standards (I’d suggest being reasonable though). Then, ENJOY THE RIDE!
18AE840A-B0EE-4DB0-AFEB-1476946A65E2.jpeg

Finally got my M3 and am getting settled in. I wanted to write a brief (as possible anyway) post about the overall experience and initial impressions.

First, the delivery process…not a fan at all. Way to many cars parked way to close together, IMO. At our initial delivery appt, the car was scuffed on a bumper. Long story short, we didn’t drive home with the car. I didn’t “refuse” it…they left it on my account and replaced the bumper. We went back several days later and finalized delivery. I will say that while the process was not great, the people (one in particular) were fantastic. The one rep really went out of her way to make my issues go away…and they paid for my ride back over to the service center to pick up the car on the second attempt…kudos to them.
First of all, congrats! Love the color, the same as mine. As for the delivery, that's what worries me the most since I'm three hours from the delivery center. If my car has anything seriously wrong it's going to be quite frustrating. But I remain positive.

After picking up the car, I basically drove it straight to my Detailer to put on a graphene/ceramic coating. I went with Angelwax Nebula. While time will tell regarding the longevity of the application, my initial impression is WOW!! Anything and everything comes right off…all surfaces where it was applied are slick and smooth…..and the shine…Its unreal! (see pic)

Lastly, the car itself…Its like the car you’ve always longed to drive, but didn’t know it. Years ago, I had a BMW 330. I LOVED driving that car. I hated getting rid of it (but the maintenance was killing me). This car drives and handles very similar to that, but with WAYYYYYYY more power. That said, watch out for the autopilot/cruise control. Thus far, almost every time i have engaged it, I’ve had an issue with it abruptly slowing for no reason at all.…to the point where i don’t want to turn it on when other cars are behind me for fear they may run into me. Its a problem and it needs to be resolved.

So, in summation…just try and tolerate the order/wait/delivery process. Look over the car REALLY well…I’d even suggest bringing a detail light with you. Make sure the car is up to your standards (I’d suggest being reasonable though). Then, ENJOY THE RIDE!
View attachment 785115
Congrats! Wow—Looks awesome. Glad it all worked out for you. What was your OD?Gives me hope still when there’s some activity on this side. I’m in NC, so not too far. Was told by SA that this area was no longer going to get many shipments due to costs. Wish I would have ordered earlier. I’m hoping SA is wrong, so if you are in this east coast area and got a VIN/DD, please share so we can keep hope alive!