Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems you will have to wait for another vin.

its possible tesla will keep you in mind and "bump" you up further in the line to get you another vin, so its possible you may not have to wait 3 months.

its frustrating and im sorry you have to endure this as i know you were excited to get the car.

Hi All,
I ordered my M3LR. Collection day were confirmed on my account and day before collection Tesla has changed to July'22. I called the customer service and I've been told the car has been sold to another buyer by accident. Tesla Birmingham UK dont have any other car on stock until Jun. Is this happend before to anyone? What can I do in this case?
During the time I’ve been reading these forums, I’ve seen several posts where people claimed to have ‘intercepted’ a vehicle. It’s the squeaky wheel that gets the oil so I would be very vocal about this. It would be great to know who to call other than your SA.

EDD updated today with May 05 - June 09
I’m also coming from a white Model 3 SR+ (2019) but mine had black interior. This time I kept white exterior, but decided to go white interior. For me I’m most excited about..
1. The extra range 220 to 358
2. Wireless phone charging
3. Automatic trunk
4. Autopilot (mine didn’t come with it)
5. Double pane windows
6. AMD chip
7. Reverse sound
8. Going from 5.3 to 4.2 (0-60)
9. In no particular order, let me know if I missed anything!

Ok, had the wife convinced to go with the black on black performance demo that we could get tomorrow but decided I wanted to wait for the red as well and sold her on upgrading to the performance model to our red/white. I just looked at the text message from our SA and he told me what the updated price would be, which is the newer price after the increase on 3/15.

Shouldnt we be grandfathered in on the old pricing?
Yes I believe you should be. I changed my interior and I was grandfathered in, I believe it should be the same for changing trim levels also.

Reactions: phishphan
I find it hard to believe it was an...

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 12.02.00 PM.png

What's worse is getting down to a two week window, then getting the EDD that opens back up to 4 weeks.
I feel your pain!

There's something up with the first two weeks of April because there aren't very many EDDs during that period, and there a bunch of mid February to early March orders that have EDDs all lumped together. Obviously it's tied to the 4/7 opening of the Texas site. My speculation is that there will be a flurry of activity shortly after 4/7 with lots of EDDs pulled in and VINs assigned. But then again I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than understanding how Tesla fulfills their orders!

I feel your pain!

There's something up with the first two weeks of April because there aren't very many EDDs during that period, and there a bunch of mid February to early March orders that have EDDs all lumped together. Obviously it's tied to the 4/7 opening of the Texas site. My speculation is that there will be a flurry of activity shortly after 4/7 with lots of EDDs pulled in and VINs assigned. But then again I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than understanding how Tesla fulfills their orders!
Has it been confirmed that Texas will be making 3’s?

I called the Charlotte, NC location today to ask if they had any M3s in stock or had any cancelations and they were really nice and did a search for what was out there both close as well as around the country. He gave me several options but none of them really worked for me. I mentioned not wanting to bother them too often and he said call every day if I wanted. But my point is you may find this to work for you by calling your closest center.

@TeslianInNC, he told me they had a few in the Carolinas that may be of interest to you.