Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduation day for me. The pic is of the two ends of my automotive spectrum. About the only thing these two share is the color. My EDD history below.

Pick up was a breeze. There were TONS of cars in the lot ready for pick up. I had no panel gaps. I do have a small paint scrape/chip on the hood. Need to schedule service call.
Advice to all I leave behind: The only guaranteed way to reduce the number of EDD changes is to not check as often! #doasisaynotasido
Good luck to all. See you on the other side.

OD: 2/13 EDD “April”
M3LR/MSM/Black/19”/No FSD
No trade/Cash
Cincinnati
EDD2(2/17): May 22-Jun 19
EDD3(2/22): Mar 20-Mar 31
EDD4 (2/27): Apr 24-May 22
EDD5 (3/8): Mar 21-Mar 31
EDD6 (3/12): Mar 25-Mar 31
EDD7 (3/17): Mar 30-Apr 3 VIN!
Changed to Tesla/USBank financing
DD1 (3/21): Delivery appt text msg. Scheduled for 3/28
DD2 (3/22): New text. Transit delay. New appt scheduled for 3/29
44 days total

Attachments

• 4AD1AC59-A9E3-46FD-B367-36B11ECB7392.jpeg
    4AD1AC59-A9E3-46FD-B367-36B11ECB7392.jpeg
    830.8 KB · Views: 113
I'm not sure they're ripping people off as much as just staying in line with what is happening with prices. For example, my car had some damage and each time I went in they offered me another $1-2k more than the previous visit, all of this over a three-month period. They paid $8k more than they would have six months ago so they'll have no choice but to gouge the buyer. You're exactly right on how ugly it's going to be for used car buyers when (if?) the market corrects itself.
Nah they're definitely getting over. They have 17's & 18's with 40k miles for $50k and the sad part is they're standard ranges. I would suggest to folks to not buy right now unless you desperately need a car. The market will correct itself, this chip shortage won't last forever...I'd hold off. It's already starting...checked kbb and my cars value dropped by $2k over the last 2 months. When this is over the market isn't gonna care what you paid and people are gonna be mad with themselves. Tesla is no different if I'm being honest...look what prices jumped to just since last March...I have my order in for $44k and wouldn't dare pay the prices they're charging now. I do not think it's worth $50, $60 and $70k respectively for what it is and what it's lacking.

Last edited:
Nah they're definitely getting over. They have 17's & 18's with 40k miles for $50k and the sad part is they're standard ranges. I would suggest to folks to not buy right now unless you desperately need a car. The market will correct itself, this chip shortage won't last forever...I'd hold off. It's already starting...checked kbb and my cars value dropped by $2k over the last 2 months. When this is over the market isn't gonna care what you paid and people are gonna be mad with themselves. Tesla is no different if I'm being honest...look what prices jumped to just since last March...I have my order in for $44k and wouldn't dare pay the prices they're charging now. I do not think it's worth $50, $60 and $70k respectively for what it is and what it's lacking.
I would share that I have a 2007 Toyota Prius Premium with about 128k miles. Trade offers around $6-9k which is insane for a used car. Granted I am happy to get that much, but this is a car that I think is at best $2500-3500

Graduation day for me. The pic is of the two ends of my automotive spectrum. About the only thing these two share is the color. My EDD history below.

Pick up was a breeze. There were TONS of cars in the lot ready for pick up. I had no panel gaps. I do have a small paint scrape/chip on the hood. Need to schedule service call.
Advice to all I leave behind: The only guaranteed way to reduce the number of EDD changes is to not check as often! #doasisaynotasido
Good luck to all. See you on the other side.

OD: 2/13 EDD “April”
No trade/Cash
Cincinnati
EDD2(2/17): May 22-Jun 19
EDD3(2/22): Mar 20-Mar 31
EDD4 (2/27): Apr 24-May 22
EDD5 (3/8): Mar 21-Mar 31
EDD6 (3/12): Mar 25-Mar 31
EDD7 (3/17): Mar 30-Apr 3 VIN!
Changed to Tesla/USBank financing
DD1 (3/21): Delivery appt text msg. Scheduled for 3/28
DD2 (3/22): New text. Transit delay. New appt scheduled for 3/29
44 days total
Congrats! It’s a beauty! I ordered the exact same configuration…and a day before you did, but per my SA, I likely won’t get mine until May…so I’m a bit jealous. 😝 I also check the app way too often! I think those of us still checking our app frantically are still holding onto a small fraction of hope…

OD: 3/03 EDD May / June

I was wondering if anyone else may have second thoughts or hesitations on waiting on the M3 and switching to ordering a different EV especially since it's going to be a long wait regardless. After seeing a few of the BMW i4s on the road, the thought has crossed my mind considering that it is similarly priced as M3, in my opinion sleeker and better interior, and is eligible for the federal tax credit.

I was wondering if anyone else may have second thoughts or hesitations on waiting on the M3 and switching to ordering a different EV especially since it's going to be a long wait regardless. After seeing a few of the BMW i4s on the road, the thought has crossed my mind considering that it is similarly priced as M3, in my opinion sleeker and better interior, and is eligible for the federal tax credit.

Stay with the Tesla for at least one car. When you've had enough of the Tesla, go off and consider cars from the folks who sat on their collective backsides for decades, content to rake in money for the abomination that is a dealership-oriented ICE vehicle. Tesla has pulled off a miracle and I think they should be rewarded for it.

Graduation day came! I picked mine up today at 6:30 p.m. The whole process from order date to delivery date was 18 days and it felt like forever. I can't imagine how hard this is for those of you who've been waiting months. Keep the faith. It's worth it.

First impression, I have to say as much as I read about it, watched YouTube videos about it and even watched Tesla's tutorial videos I was mostly lost on the way home. I'm usually really tech savvy but my head was spinning on the way home. I test drove one of them but I really didn't get into it at all. I did on my way home. A LOT. The acceleration is the real deal. It's the most fun I've ever had driving a car.

That BMW grill isn’t for everyone…

Not a fan of their new designs

Reactions: DC_Wheels52

The thought crossed my mind, but quickly went away. The reason for switching that has me enticed was specifically the Ioniq 5. 300 mile range, fed and state tax rebate and 2 years of charging. That seemed really good. However, the price after the rebates would be within 6k of my build with FSD. To me the proven technology of Tesla and network of charging available(Tesla network, plus 3rd party) makes the tesla and over air updates and performance superior.

Having seen my friends Ford Mach e, I think the layout was conventional and comfortable. All the things where you expect and quick to learn. Same for my sisters Chevy Bolt. I probably prefer the manual vent controls such on those cars. I will say like most Chevy and Ford cars, they felt plastic and cheap to me. I don’t really like the faux wood grain in the Tesla either, but each l test drive I have taken, everything else feels pretty great and the ride just feels so good. The Chevy and Ford felt not bad, just different.

Anyway, long way to say I thought about it, but I am sold on the Tesla for sure.

Today was delivery day! Got there a little early. Very quick and easy process. Set things up, put my floor mats in and left. Found zero gap, paint, or interior imperfections. No rattles or misaligned panels. Just as everyone else has or will mention the acceleration in this vehicle is absurdly responsive and quick. It brings a new level to those short passing lanes that you wonder why exist. Put 400 miles on it driving home which gave me an opportunity to become somewhat acquainted with features and settings. All in all incredibly impressed with the technology and capability of the vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG_1483.jpg
    IMG_1483.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 79

You can test drive them all and see what you like. There's not that many BEVs you can actually buy. Polestar even brings the car to you, otherwise it's a dealership visit unfortunately. I really wanted to like the Ioniq after researching stuff online, but IRL it was terrible. I didn't really want to buy a Tesla, but tried it anyway, and here I am watching the water boil with y'all.

You can test drive them all and see what you like. There's not that many BEVs you can actually buy. Polestar even brings the car to you, otherwise it's a dealership visit unfortunately. I really wanted to like the Ioniq after researching stuff online, but IRL it was terrible. I didn't really want to buy a Tesla, but tried it anyway, and here I am watching the water boil with y'all.
Same. Never really gave Tesla much consideration before but with what’s on the market right now Tesla is still the best performance and range bang for the buck. And if you want a sedan instead of a crossover-y thing, the Model 3 and the new i4 are pretty much the only players on the field.

If the i4 came with a mid level AWD trim instead of base RWD only i4 40 and the top spec i4 M50, I would have given it much more consideration. I really wish the Model 3 was a lift/hatchback instead of a traditional sedan.

I figure I’ll try Tesla for 2-3 years and re-assess what other competitors are out by then.