Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That push really sold a lot of cars, unfortunately not ours ;-)
What's interesting in that article is that production actually dropped (ever so slightly). That's why everything is so screwed up. Tesla had to sell every last car they had laying around, which is why the dealerships don't even have display models at the moment.
Tesla MADE 305,000 cars, but they SOLD 310,000.
Maybe with Shanghai being shut down, they can FedEx some of the chips to California to be used there? 🤣

That push really sold a lot of cars, unfortunately not ours ;-)
Someone asked me the other day why I get so excited to see others get their car before me. First, there is the obvious reason that I'm happy to see them get what they were waiting on but it also moves me one step closer to getting mine. That late quarter push may not have helped us get one immediately but it does move us up.

Of course. Mine went off without a hitch...
Your timeframe does seem to be the exception rather than the rule lately - anyone else?
Oh, and after you get your car, absolutely do not watch the YouTube channels that show on-board footage of Teslas in accidents. Also stay away from any that show Sentry Mode events. After a few minutes of that stuff you'll be convinced that the entire world is out to get Tesla owners and their vehicles.
Been driving a LR MY since 12/20 and can verify that those types of videos are also the exception and not normal everyday ownership.

Does anyone have a EDD of early april cause I have not seen anyone with early april EDD. My EDD is April 28- May 28. I was hoping to get my car sooner cause I OD on 2/17 and I live 15 mins from Fremont Factory. My EDD has changed for over a month. :(
I have April 18th to May 16th. Saw a few posted April 7th. One person on FB who was trying to sell their reservation had the 4th.

I think the most constructive thing is to see the average time from order to delivery by state. I live in California so I expect mine to be the quickest, but it appears the average times are rising significantly. I ordered on 2/28 and would be thrilled with a 60 day wait time. I know a lot of people who ordered a few weeks before me were getting around 40-45 day wait times.

Been lurking around long enough and finally I have created an account so hello world… (and thanks for this forum and the contributions I used to make my choice. Much appreciated.)

Config:
- M3LR
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

OD: March 1
EDD (on order date) : May
EDD (on March 2 after completing details in app) : May 14 - June 11

No changes since and I am in Southern California.

Now back to refreshing my Tesla app.

Been lurking around long enough and finally I have created an account so hello world… (and thanks for this forum and the contributions I used to make my choice. Much appreciated.)

Config:
- M3LR
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

OD: March 1
EDD (on order date) : May
EDD (on March 2 after completing details in app) : May 14 - June 11

No changes since and I am in Southern California.

Now back to refreshing my Tesla app.
Hey EDD twin.

OD: March 3
EDD: May 14 - June 11

From my observation, based on comments on this site, mid-Feb represented some kind of cut off - some folks got their order by EOQ, others got bumped to late April/May. It’s like you were either in or out. Not necessarily any rhyme or reason other than config and location and luck of the draw. I do also think cancelled orders may have played a part as well, whether the buyer knew or not. FWIW when I ordered it said April. Others who ordered right around me said May. To me that was indicative of the cut-off occurring. I picked mine up March 29, a little over 6 weeks wait. So for me the EDDs, though jumpy, worked as advertised.
When i ordered on the website initially said april. I think 2 days later it ended up saying may when i checked again. I’m thinking i missed the cut off and now it’s just in limbo. Who knows

Amazing. 5 EDDs? I have the same order date and still have the original EDD.
I still can’t figure out their algorithms and man have I been trying. I have come to the conclusion that there is no rhyme or reason and that it’s totally random. Some like you say they haven’t had any EDD movement since ordering and others like me have EDD changes all over the place. Strange indeed.

OD - 2/7 - M3 LR Blue Aero No FSD
2/7 - EDD 1 - March
2/11 - EDD 2 - 5/4 - 6/1
2/16 - EDD 3 - 3/12 - 3/31
2/28 - EDD 4 - 4/23 - 5/21

3/5 - Changed from Blue to MSM

3/11 - EDD 5 - 3/24 - 3/31
3/15 - EDD 6 - 4/11 - 5/9
3/31 - EDD 7 - 6/9 - 7/21

Last edited:
I still can’t figure out their algorithms and man have I been trying. I have come to the conclusion that there is no rhyme or reason and that it’s totally random. Some like you say they haven’t had any EDD movement since ordering and others like me have EDD changes all over the place. Strange indeed.

OD - 2/7 - M3 LR Blue Aero No FSD
2/7 - EDD 1 - March
2/11 - EDD 2 - 5/4 - 6/1
2/16 - EDD 3 - 3/12 - 3/31
2/28 - EDD 4 - 4/23 - 5/21

3/5 - Changed from Blue to MSM

3/11 - EDD 5 - 3/24 - 3/31
3/15 - EDD 6 - 4/11 - 5/9
3/31 - EDD 7 - 6/9 - 7/21
Biggest roller coaster I’ve ever seen