Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD hasnt moved since finishing the onboarding things. It was "July" initially and after a day it changed from June 10-July 22 and has been there for two weeks now. OD is 3/23

Our OD and EDD is pretty similar. What’s your location? Not sure if you have it in your signature or not because I’m on mobile and can’t see it.

My OD was 3/22 and EDD has been June 2-July 14 since 3/23. Pick up in AZ.

Not only did I get pushed out a month, window increased from 5 to 6 weeks. Infuriating, esp considering the site at order was April.

Feds are raising rates. Will be interesting to see where rates land at our delivery date as its clearly looking like my rate will expire (90 day lock) prior pick up.
My credit union said I can do 90 day hold like you mentioned so you should cancel the first and get a new 90 day while you can. I have to do mine by the end of this month to lock in 1.89%

Reactions: Theraven
Thanks for the note! I suspect that the option becomes available once you post a certain amount. It doesn't seem like I have the ability to set a signature just yet, or at least I don't see any option for Signature. It doesn't look like I can like posts either. Hopefully I am graced with these features soon. :p

I don’t see the option to put a signature or like/dislike posts either. I also can’t see anyones signatures. Maybe because I’m on the forums on mobile mostly.

Got an update this morning on my order.

OD: 3/28
EDD1: 8/25-10/20
EDD2: 7/24- 9/4

Small progress is better than no progress I guess.
Interesting, did you have a June-August window when you ordered as well? I ordered on the 26th for delivery to NY and EDD was, and still is 8/05-9/30. Hoping to hit that original June-August timeline, but don't have a ton of faith, it seems like everyone and their mother has ordered a M3LR in the past month.

Interesting, did you have a June-August window when you ordered as well? I ordered on the 26th for delivery to NY and EDD was, and still is 8/05-9/30. Hoping to hit that original June-August timeline, but don't have a ton of faith, it seems like everyone and their mother has ordered a M3LR in the past month.
Before I ordered, the site was saying June-August then after I ordered I got 8/25-10-20 and I was super surprised at it and disappointed.

Before I ordered, the site was saying June-August then after I ordered I got 8/25-10-20 and I was super surprised at it and disappointed.
I had the same thing, except my original EDD after order was 9/11 - 11/6. Not quite the July timeframe on the website.

I had been delaying placing my order for awhile based on the timeline listed pre-order on the website, because I didn't want to get a new car in the fall/winter due to weather. Don't judge 🤣

My order has moved up a few weeks but with my luck I'll still end up getting the car in November like I didn't want.

Last edited:
Interest rates going up and buying gas at these ridiculous prices is hard to swallow when you are so excited for this car and delivery gets delayed. It is what it is. The only bright spot is it’s federal budget day in Canada today so maybe they introduce incentives to include the higher priced models. They pretty much have to for the trucks but our prime minister keeps saying affordable EV’s for all so I’m gonna say a 70k car isn’t “affordable” for all.

I'm mostly trying to focus on the OD of people currently getting VINs.
Focus on the price of the vehicle. Everyone complaining of delays has a fairly low-margin vehicle configuration. I didn't look hard, but I was checking to see if it was related to 19" wheels. The disappointment being voiced was coming from people with Aero wheels while @Tyler Knepper has mentioned that his EDD has been consistently pushed up, and he has the 19" wheels. Is Tesla supply-limited for 18" wheels? It may also be that Tyler just has a high-margin vehicle and so it's getting moved up in the queue (or not getting pushed back).

There's also the question of whether the shipping destination has a role in which cars Tesla builds. It makes no sense to build one car for a destination and send it off by itself. So they definitely want to batch them up. Follow the money and the apparent randomness of order fulfillment will make sense. It's all about what it costs Tesla to get not only your car to you, but everyone's car to everyone. Tesla is playing an optimization game.

Interest rates going up and buying gas at these ridiculous prices is hard to swallow when you are so excited for this car and delivery gets delayed. It is what it is. The only bright spot is it’s federal budget day in Canada today so maybe they introduce incentives to include the higher priced models. They pretty much have to for the trucks but our prime minister keeps saying affordable EV’s for all so I’m gonna say a 70k car isn’t “affordable” for all.
I’m hoping Tesla gets some love in the budget. But what is someone able to buy right now? VW not talking new orders for ID.4 and Kia stopped for some of their EVs as well.

The wait for many is 12-18 months for those cheaper EVs. The prices of many will be going up as the cost of raw materials rising and many shortages for components.

Focus on the price of the vehicle. Everyone complaining of delays has a fairly low-margin vehicle configuration. I didn't look hard, but I was checking to see if it was related to 19" wheels. The disappointment being voiced was coming from people with Aero wheels while @Tyler Knepper has mentioned that his EDD has been consistently pushed up, and he has the 19" wheels. Is Tesla supply-limited for 18" wheels? It may also be that Tyler just has a high-margin vehicle and so it's getting moved up in the queue (or not getting pushed back).

There's also the question of whether the shipping destination has a role in which cars Tesla builds. It makes no sense to build one car for a destination and send it off by itself. So they definitely want to batch them up. Follow the money and the apparent randomness of order fulfillment will make sense. It's all about what it costs Tesla to get not only your car to you, but everyone's car to everyone. Tesla is playing an optimization game.
Destination makes sense as I’m in the truck driving ,oil country center of Canada I can’t see orders pouring in so they can fill a transport to drive up here. I guess I will wait patiently as I’m locked in at Feb price and increments in interest rates will be minimal impact to the money I’ve already saved. Silver lining!!!