Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's so difficult to tell with what little we know. Personally, I think it has a lot to do with your exact order. If you chose a specific exterior and interior color that is often produced then you would have a better chance of early delivery.
I thought it was the opposite where the rarer, higher margin cars were produced first so then they can retool and crap out as many white with black interiors (or whatever) as possible at the end of the quarter. But you’re right, it is hard to tell with what we know.

I thought it was the opposite where the rarer, higher margin cars were produced first so then they can retool and crap out as many white with black interiors (or whatever) as possible at the end of the quarter. But you’re right, it is hard to tell with what we know.
Most of us believe they're going for the higher-margin first but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be rare. Take mine for example, blue/black is common but it's also more expensive than white/black (another frequent order). In my mind I just wouldn't want my order to be different from the vast majority, I say that only in terms of the desire to get it quickly.

Reactions: phishphan
First edd update ( date pushed back but range shrunk to 4 weeks ) about 3 weeks after last config change. Originally 05/05 to 06/09. Now showing 05/15 to 06/12.

I'm pretty sure it's a coincidence but this update was one day after I texted SA the first time to make sure everything on my account is good to go.....

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
ODD 4/7 NJ (M3LR, white, black interior, 19", no FSD) I ordered the 19" wheels because the EDD was Jun-Aug. If I changed to aero, the delivery was Aug-Oct. I received an EDD of June 9 - July 21. Am I going to regret the 19" tires? I didn't want to wait longer for the car. Not sure why tires would effect delivery time but it doesn't look like many ordered the 19" tires.

Reactions: makopolo
ODD 4/7 NJ (M3LR, white, black interior, 19", no FSD) I ordered the 19" wheels because the EDD was Jun-Aug. If I changed to aero, the delivery was Aug-Oct. I received an EDD of June 9 - July 21. Am I going to regret the 19" tires? I didn't want to wait longer for the car. Not sure why tires would effect delivery time but it doesn't look like many ordered the 19" tires.
WOOP WOOP!!! NJ Gang!!

Typically opting for some of the more premium options brings in the delivery date from what I've seen.