Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been assigned a VIN after getting pushed from 4/18-5/16 to 5/9-6/13 :)

Original OD: 2/22; White with black interior, 18 aeros and no FSD; Norcal- Bay Area
This gives me hope cause I OD the same exact car on 2/16. Still no vin and I live in Bay area. Hopefully can get a vin soon. My edd was getting close from April 16 - May 14 but now its April 30 - June 4th

I asked that my Virginia tags be transferred from my trade-in to my Tesla back when I took delivery about 3 weeks ago. I texted my SA a few days ago reminding them of my preference, asking how things were going and whether I needed to do anything. I was told that they were aware of my desire for a transfer of tags and that if "everything matches up" I'd be good to go, but that they'd let me know if there were any issues.

I just got new plates, registration and stickers in the mail. sigh

I think Tesla used up all their inventiveness to get the cars designed and built, leaving nothing for anything after that.

I've only had one update since the first EDD and I'm fine with that. I did order my wall charger today and just got a quote for getting the breaker, wiring and installation of the wall charger. The estimate was for $400-500 and from what I've read that seems really good. My power company has a $500 rebate for the charger so it was free. I'm all set, well except for the small issue of not having the car. 😂

I've only had one update since the first EDD and I'm fine with that. I did order my wall charger today and just got a quote for getting the breaker, wiring and installation of the wall charger. The estimate was for $400-500 and from what I've read that seems really good. My power company has a $500 rebate for the charger so it was free. I'm all set, well except for the small issue of not having the car. 😂
Wow really good! Out here in VA, I got several quotes for a 40ft Copper Run, and outlet install ( 800.00 - as much as 3k ) You can take a guess which one I went with...

• Funny
Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Does anyone have suggestions for any official tesla materials while I wait? Already looked through the app back and forth, looking for more videos similar to the ones in the app.
I know you said "official" but I spend hours each day watching Youtube videos. I put Tesla Model 3 in the search and the filter to the most recent posts and you'll see dozens of videos each day. Of course Tesla's official account has videos there as well.

I’ll be in the same boat tomorrow after they install the charger.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
I think one of the most curious things about this process of ordering this car for me is the waves of excitement and let down. The day I ordered my car, I was over the moon. When I say it was 90+ days away from delivery, I was let down. Seeing people graduate and Tesla's on the road, gets me so amped up to get in mine and drive. Dont care where, just go for a drive. The anticipation when you open the app, the small pause while the EDD pops up and hoping it will be sooner, but then let down when it stays the same.

I did have a moment yesterday where I was tempted to change my color and wheels, but my wife talked me down. I actually like the Aerowheels and the ability to pop the covers off for around town and then popping them on for longer drives.

Anyway, no changes today. Same End of May through end of June window. On the plus side, when it gets here, our weather will be very little rain and I will get to enjoy summer in the new ride.

Here is a question for those of you in the know and keeping track.

Are there any modifications or updates to the M3 expected during Q2/Q3 releases? I had read somewhere, possibly on here, that the Model Y Tail lights may be used in the M3. Any other things coming? Paint color, Dash Accents, etc.?

I think one of the most curious things about this process of ordering this car for me is the waves of excitement and let down. The day I ordered my car, I was over the moon. When I say it was 90+ days away from delivery, I was let down. Seeing people graduate and Tesla's on the road, gets me so amped up to get in mine and drive. Dont care where, just go for a drive. The anticipation when you open the app, the small pause while the EDD pops up and hoping it will be sooner, but then let down when it stays the same.

I did have a moment yesterday where I was tempted to change my color and wheels, but my wife talked me down. I actually like the Aerowheels and the ability to pop the covers off for around town and then popping them on for longer drives.

Anyway, no changes today. Same End of May through end of June window. On the plus side, when it gets here, our weather will be very little rain and I will get to enjoy summer in the new ride.
Same OD and near identical EDD....car similar build but no FSD for me. 30 days has passed and not one update.

Its a roller coaster of emotions :)

Reactions: mystryman007